“Dining at its best!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Dining at its best!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

One of the very best Italian restaurants in Phoenix. The menu is classic Italian, and the food is spectacular and consistant. Every employee has been there for years and makes you feel like you're coming home for dinner!

Try it, you won't regret it.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sharon M

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Go Italian don't order the salmon”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This place is gem and I was a guest at my birthday dinner. The service was impeccable and the food was very very good, except for mine. I order the Salmon with Sherry Sauce and the Salmon had that fishy taste and smell. I should have sent it back and I am sure they would have agreed but everyone was already served and I tasted all of their dishes, all were delicious. Just a bad choice on my part. When came time for the birthday dessert - I was served the Holy Gamoly of Canolli complete with a Sparkler. I will definitely be back and will be choosing one of their typical italian dishes for sure.

• Visited June 2013
wallinford Connecticut
“what a deal!”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This is our phoenix relatives farite restaurant. Everything was great. I had the best lamb chops. Find this restaurants coupon. Two dinners at $22 per person with each diner getting a salad, choice from a nice group of entrees, and one bottle of wine per couple. We had a good Cote de Rhone. Nice interior decor. In the center of the city, but adequite off street parking.

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“What a shame...”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I don't know where to start. There were 3 of us for dinner Friday 3/8/13. We arrived timely for our reservation, after requesting drinks, the waiter announced that he had "never heard of that"; having tomato juice on the side of a martini. Ok, moving on, Carl asked for blue cheese dressing, and our curmudgeon waiter's response was "are you crazy, you are in an italian restaurant, not french" ? How do you, as a customer, process this? Next, the food came, salad, with the house dressing, awful and sweet, the mussels not fresh and the baked clams were good, however, complete with a piece of rock salt in the dish. Off to a really bad start. One special ordered piece of fish (frozen at best) and the shrimp scampi-greasy on a bed of fetuccini alfredo, and chicken piccata-looked like it was removed from the Delta business class kitchen, and tasted the same. I must say, it would be hard to find a worse meal in Phx, anywhere for that matter, and this is one of the only times in my life that I left a 10% tip based on really rude service. We almost left after the cocktail debacle, but foolishly stayed for the rest of the abuse to follow. This place is way past its prime.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank ccharie
Roscoe
“Mama Mia - This Was Outstanding Italian Food !!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

One of my co-workers in Phoenix, AZ learned about this wonderful restaurant from one of my co-workers in Rockford, IL ... interesting !! I loved everything about this restaurant. The staff was very nice, the decor was informal and the prices were reasonable for the amazing quality served. I ordered the Seafood Manicotti and it was outstanding.

This is the type of restaurant I love to find while on business travel ... thanks La Fontanella for a wonderful dinner away from home !!

• Visited February 2013