“Poorest Excuse For A Fine Dining Experience Available!``”
Review of La Fontanella - CLOSED

La Fontanella
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 January 2009

I can honestly say I've never experienced a worse dining experience anywhere in my entire life.
The wait staff was rude from the beginning of the meal, and it only went downhill from there. After complaining to the owner Isabella...it became abundantly clear that she had no interest rectifying the situation. All she did was make excuses and lame apologies.
I would be delighted to discuss details of this horrible experience with anyone who has an interest.
Do yourself a favor...drive on by this place and find a "quality" Italian Restaurant!

1  Thank Kevioni

Reviewed 22 October 2008

I have been enjoying La Fontenella for 10+ years. Always get great service and wonderful food. Never disappointed. You are never rushed so you can enjoy a leisure dinner! The lamb chops are wonderful, pasta is fresh and delicious. Desserts are very good too.
Choose La Fontenella if you want a great meal with a relaxed and pampered atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 June 2007

While visiting Phoenix, my mother and I were looking for a nice dinner on a Friday night. The night manager at our hotel suggested this restaurant, and we simply could not have been more pleased!

The waiter was very entertaining and friendly, and was happy to sit there and chat with us for a bit. After enjoying the best escargot I've ever had, we split two meals: the seafood manicotti and a special pork roast with fruits and figs. While they really didn't match up well together, they were individually the best dishes we enjoyed in Phoenix. The tastes were wonderful and not too salty as you can sometimes get with a cream sauce (used on the Manicotti).

The prices were reasonable, the food excellent, and the ambiance friendly. I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who will be in the area. I know that whenever I travel back to town, I'll have reservations made in advance!

1  Thank alwaystraveling_21
A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, arizona
Reviewed 28 April 2006

I took my family to this restaurant for my 18th birthday and it was pretty bad to begin with. When i got there, my brother and his girlfriend were already there and my boyfriend and i sat with them and nobody came and got us drinks or anything. slowly, everyone showed up and finally after an hour we were noticed and got our drink order taken (and there were 13 people there). We order a couple appetizers and we got meals (some of us shared) and the bill still turned out to be aorund 400$. on this bill there was a charge for 52$ for cutting my birthday cake that was never discussed with my family or i. The food was mediocre and the service was ridiculous. i wouldn't ever go back there again.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member