“Who knew hot dogs could be this great?”

Short Leash Hot Dogs
Ranked #302 of 3,085 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Camp Verde, Arizona
“Who knew hot dogs could be this great?”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was my first visit to Short Leash. It's tucked away in a slightly hard to spot building on Thomas at Central. I went for the jalepeno/cheddar dogs, wrapped in a corn tortilla and deep fried. I know, you can never go wrong with a deep fryer. They served me 3 dogs, with a very creamy guacamole and homemade potato chips. Heaven! Very filling too, I took home half of my order. They had a great beer selection, but I did not get to try any as this was a working lunch. Good thing I didn't notice the dessert menu until I was full, because they had brioche donuts, filled with strawberry custard, topped with ice cream. My taste buds were screaming go for it, my arteries?... not so much. I will definitely try them again at the next meeting.

• Visited August 2014

Fort Worth, Texas
“A Great Concept and a Great Dog”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A friend of mine and I found ourselves at Short Leash for lunch recently. I love hot dogs and love any new thoughts on how to present it. If you are a fan, there is something for everyone, from sweet to spicy to traditional - even the bizarre. We had the Aiko which is served on naan and topped with a mango chutney. It was absolutely delicious. The dogs are all beef and folks running the kitchen know what they are doing. The people are nice, helpful with menu suggestions and really seem to care about their efforts. I only wish we had a place like this back home. A great stop if you are ever in Phoenix.

• Visited June 2014
“Best dang dawgs ever”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Best hot dog ever. They use all beef, casings on and no nitrates. Wrapped in naan. Oh boy, oh boy ,oh boy

• Visited May 2014
Surprise, Arizona
“You have to try the corn dog!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I know, you're thinking "How great can a corn dog be?". Well let me tell you, it can be so much better than you imagine. Short Leash introduced me to what every corn dog wishes it was. They use locally sourced sausages for all their dogs so fresh that the casings snap with each bite. They also have a menu of various hot dog combinations that seem like they came out of some surrealist painter's nightmare, but don't let that scare you, they're great. If those are a bit out of your comfort zone you can make your own dog.

• Visited March 2014