“Our family favorite”

La Parrilla Suiza
Ranked #1,052 of 3,113 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: North Mountain
Description: We serve authentic Mexico City Cuisine that's a delightful alternative to other mexican restaurants. The exquisite cuisine of Mexico City is almost a world apart from northern mexican food. All our tacos, meat and cheese dishes are cooked on charcoal or grilled. Here we serve fresh handmade corn tortillas and authentic tangy delicious salsas. La Parrilla Suiza is the Mexico City Cuisine restaurant you can trust must to feed your family.
“Our family favorite”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Great Mexican Restaurant. Tortillas are the best in town.

Visited May 2012

Phoenix, Arizona
“La Parrilla Suiza, 13001 N. Tatum Blvd., Phoenix, AZ”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Two Ladies Lunching.
About 12Noon time on a weekday. The restaurant was not busy, even though this is a busy shopping area adjacent to Paradise Valley Mall in North Phoenix. My friend suggested it as she had eaten there before and enjoyed her selection.
We were able to be seated right away, without reservations.
The menu selections were good; this is Mexico City cuisine. First up, and as soon as we were seated, was a bowl of fresh hot tortilla chips and three kinds of salsa. The green chili was the best. Not hot, just pleasantly green. The other 2 kinds two were just OK.
I ordered Chili Rellenos and my dining companion had Chicken Enchiladas with Mole Sauce. The food came quickly (as it should, since the restaurant was not half full) and was very hot. The Chili (just one) was served with fresh chopped lettuce and re-fried beans and rice. The servings were good-sized. Same with the Enchiladas. $26 for two with no alcohol and only one iced-tea.
The problems came after dinner. We decided to cheat the diets and order dessert--something chocolate. NO chocolate anything on the menu! In fact, the dessert choices were uninspiring, so much so that we decided to leave and go elsewhere. Flan, and
NY-Style Cheesecake (with no fruit) were among the lackluster choices. At the server's request, the manager came over to speak with us, since the waiter's command of English was less than great. He apologized.
The Second Issue was with the restroom. My friend observed that the paper towel machine was not working. Tthis was reported to a female server who said 'she'd take care of it right away'. Sometime later, as we were ready to leave and seek our dessert elsewhere, I visited the restroom. The paper towel machine was still not working, so I addressed this concern to manager. He went right to checking on it.
These are small issues and not a big deal, but since the restaurant was not busy and had most likely just opened for the day, it would seem that this would have been taken care of. The dessert issue was a disappointment. Next time, we will probably go elsewhere.

• Visited April 2012
“Still Amazing”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have been going since I was a kid and now I take mine. This is not your typical Mexican food joint. This is authentic Mexico City food, much fresher and way better. Get the cheese appetizer it is amazing! The food is made there not at a commissary like some other places. We drive 30/40 minuets to eat here and pass 12 other Mexican restaurants on the way. Can't wait to go again!.

• Visited March 2012
“Yummy”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Used to frequent this restuarant quite abit when I lived in the area have not been there for several years and was very excited to see if the food was as good as it used to be . Went with my daughter n law and she also was always a fan of their food . I ordered no . 15 on the menu which was a chicken quesidilla with tacos de alambre absolutely as good as I remembered it to be and the avocado green salsa they put on the table could actually eat it with a spoon it is so yummy love it on everything . My daughter n law had the chiliquillas and tacos de alambre she also was not disappointed . We were stuffed and happy when we left and so happy we drove 30 miles out of our way to have a very unique and tasty lunch . Will definately return much sooner next time .

• Visited February 2012
Phoenix
“Best Kept Secret On The West Side”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Just go if you like Mexican Food that is light and not the usual heavy gloppy stuff. The corn tortillas are made fresh and most everything is cooked over a grill giving everything a fresh taste. The three different salsas that come with the chips are very nice. The chicken tacos are prepared with chunks of chicken, bell peppers, onions, and bacon - ambrosia if you ask me. The charro bean soup is tasty. You can't go wrong here. Patio seating available.

• Visited October 2011