“Needs some work on the food quality”
Review of La Parrilla Suiza

La Parrilla Suiza
Ranked #1,053 of 3,115 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: North Mountain
Description: We serve authentic Mexico City Cuisine that's a delightful alternative to other mexican restaurants. The exquisite cuisine of Mexico City is almost a world apart from northern mexican food. All our tacos, meat and cheese dishes are cooked on charcoal or grilled. Here we serve fresh handmade corn tortillas and authentic tangy delicious salsas. La Parrilla Suiza is the Mexico City Cuisine restaurant you can trust must to feed your family.
Colorado
“Needs some work on the food quality”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Went there with 9 friends for an afternoon cocktail and snack. The menu is standard southwestern Mexican food with lots of hard liquor specialty drinks. Okay but could be great with a little work. The kitchen in plain view behind glass is a neat part of the restaurant that could be really played upon for the customers dining there but it seems like an after thought. Good pricing. Not excellent but okay.

• Visited April 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GAVE ALCOHOL TO A 2 YEAR OLD!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We dined at this location on Saturday with my family. I asked the waiter for a children's water for my almost 2 year old daughter. It came in a paper cup with a lid and when I looked over the contents coming through the straw were not clear. Frantically, I took the cup from my daughter, opened it up and it was a frozen drink. I took a sip of it and it was an alcoholic pina colada!!!! My parents and I proceeded to tell the waiter, which he laughed off and said "oops". He came back with a water and said that the bartender has put the leftover contents (over pour) from a pina colada that someone else had ordered and the waited didn't notice it was not water. Nothing was done after that. We asked that the waiter please let the manager know since the manager was not there that evening. That night I called and spoke with a woman who apologized and took my name and number to give to the manager. The assistant manager called me on Sunday and asked me what happened. I told him the information and he told me that it was non-alcoholic…….I told him I tasted it and so did my parents and it indeed has alcohol in it. He then proceeded to tell me that the waiter said it was non-alcoholic. I again told him what the waiter told me that night that it was over pour from someone else’s and the waiter that night did not deny that it had alcohol in it. The assistant manager said he wished he would have been there to taste it himself to determine the situation. I asked him to have the general manager call me (who is not in until Wednesday…). This situation is OUTRAGEOUS! This is my baby that received an alcoholic drink and if I had not looked she probably would have drank it all because it is sweet and then we would have had some serious problems. I find it very concerning that they are not taking this situation seriously and management does not believe me because they were not there. I should have kept the contents and called the police but I was in disbelief and not thinking that way.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank heather t
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Staff nice but food not worth the visit”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I scheduled a client dinner for La Parrilla Suiza as I had never eaten there. I love Mexican food and have been looking for a great place in the north Phoenix, Scottsdale area. The servers and employees were very cordial. However, on the food front, I was disappointed from the word go. The guacamole was more like a watery dip. It had a little kick if you can get past texture. I would not call it guacamole though. Not thick or chunky at all. The salsa served had a look similar to the sweet and sour sauce you get at a Chinese restaurant to dip your egg rolls. They served a third sauce which was like a pico de gallo. It too was flavorless. I ordered the enchiladas and was disappointed at the amount of watery sauce on top. It made the tortilla incredibly soggy and I didn't finish it. Overall not worth stopping in and given we were two of only 10 people in the whole restaurant at dinner time, everyone near the area must already know of their sub par food. If this review was helpful please give me your helpful vote.

• Visited February 2013
California
“good Mexican food”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

La Parrilla Suiza is a chain of restaurant in Arizona. This is the first one, so it is older - has more character. We had a large group. The food was good, but nothing special. The service was OK, not that great. There are tons of Mexican restaurants in the Phoenix area and this one has a following, but I am not sure why. I did not find anything special about it. It was not bad, but not great.

• Visited March 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Me and my friends have met here for dinner several times and liked it. Decent Margaritas, cocktails, etc. They have space for large groups. Cheese crisps were good. I addition to the usual chips 'n' salsa, they serve a hot guacamole dip which is tasty. 'Small negative', We were obviously there celebrating a birthday, and the restaurant made no effort to bring a dessert with a candle for the birthday person, to sing 'Happy Birthday.'

• Visited February 2013