“Wil never go back”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Was here in end of march 2010, was very excited about the place after having read amazing reviews on google maps. What a disappointment!
We ordered veggie combo appetizer plate, a soup, kibbeh, sambouka (meat pie) and lamb shish kebab. The soup was ok, the only dish i was able to finish. The plate consisted of falafel (ok, but just about average), babaganoush (very watery), hummus (quite good), yogurt with cucumbers (ok too), tabouleh (perhaps the best part of the whole meal), dolmas (disgusting - very soft and tasteless) and spinach pie (awful! it was not crusty, definitely warmed up in a microwave, with dark filling that did not taste anything like spinach with cheese, i could not force myself to eat it). Sambouka was also microwaved and soft, even wet, also was left almost untouched. Kibbeh was horrible: it did not have separate crust and filling, just a uniform mass of ground, not so tasty dry meat; no pine nuts! I did not try the shish kebab, but it looked burnt and chewey. My husband who is a meat lover said that it was way below average. I tried the rice which came with the kebab, and almost threw up: it was sour, as if it was spoiled, definitely reheated. The salad was like in any fast food place - big chunks of greens with some white mayo-like sauce poured over it. My husband also got a rice pudding, which was just ok.
What a pity! I love middle eastern food, and I am afraid it will be long time before I dare to try anything middle eastern again - so bad memory I have of this place. definitely will not be back.
As to the service, it was not good either: we had to remind them several times to bring us water, they first brought us the wrong order, and we had to wait for a long while before we actually were able to place the order in the very beginning.
I cannot believe all the good reviews on google maps! Don't know what happened to this place. Some of the reviewers mentioned that the ownership has changed some time ago. Perhaps, this is the reason...

1  Thank galinav

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 17 March 2008

Delicious fresh pita which you can baste with olive oil and garlic, coupling with some fresh hummus.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook