“AVOID this place”

Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: Paradise Valley
Neighbourhood: Paradise Valley
Reviewed 10 September 2008

The pickles for the pappad came right from the freezer with a crust of ICE on it. Samosas totally bland. Asked for Rotis and got Naan (and the server insist that its roti) Oh by the way when you go for the Thali and ask them to replace the Naan with the Roti you get charged extra for the Roti. (In my case I was charged for the Nan - if you get it) Over all food quality very poor

Service really bad
Food is bad
Do not go there even if its the only place on earth that has food.

* Pros: NONE
* Cons: ALL

Reviewed 18 November 2007

We had been their to this restaurant for a Lunch Buffet, so the review is limited to the Buffet.

The number of items for the buffet was limited for $8 when compare to the other restaurants in the south of Phoenix. The first item me & my son wanted to try was Tandoori Chicken, to our surprise the chicken was dry and tasted Old. The rest of the items are not that impressive either.
At the end, the owner came with hard face and dropped the bill in our table and walked away (no talk).
Will never go to this restaurant for a Lunch Buffet.

1  Thank kumkut
Reviewed 10 November 2007

Ok I am an indian and can say that taste of Indian has been my worst resturant experience in phoenix...the food sucks.It is unhealthy and unauthentic like Naans are not properly cooked which can give one a very bed tummy ache...besides the food,the host are very very unhospitable....Try some other places like Tandoori Times or Jewel of the crown , Little India or Indin Bistro....

Reviewed 31 May 2007

I'm sorry to hear the last reviewer had a bad experience at Taste of
India. My husband and I live in Phoenix and treat ourselves a few times a
year to dinner here. It's about a 45 minute drive from our house so we
don't go too often. He loves the paneer while I usually go for one of
the curry dishes. We always get their house tea... yummy! the portions
are a bit small so I recommend ordering about three items for the table.
Oh and don't forget the Naan! They have many different types. I think
we might go their tonight. As life long Phoenix resident I highly
recommend this place. Oh.. I think
they've won Best of PHoenix multiple times for best Indian restaurant.
I'm sure you won't be sorry with this choice.

1  Thank azgin