“Don't waste your time”

Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've been to this place multiple times and have had satisfactory service and descent food during lunch. Today was off the charts bad. Horrible service, cold and tasteless food, and lastly no apology for either.

My girlfriend and I arrived at 11:50am for lunch, were seated promptly and had our drink and food order taken shortly there after. After our drinks were dropped off we then didn't have contact with the waitress(the owners daughter) for 35 minutes. When she did check on us it was to figure out what our food order was. Ten minutes later or food was dropped off, but it wasn't the food we ordered. Since this was a workday lunch we accepted out food and asked to see if we could have our bill discounted. The waitress said she "didn't think they did that". When we asked to see a manager, she responded she was the manager.

I highly recommend that no one gives this place any business. There are plenty of places downtown to grab lunch where they treat their customers with respect and common courtesy.

There are newer reviews for Crazy Jim's Downtown

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I love the greek feta salad and the bread is wonderful.
Have also had the hamburger and fresh fries, super tasty.
Love the choices!!!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Crazy Jim's has great salads and pizzas. I love the gyro feta and chicken spring goat cheese salads. The homemade house dressing is the best!

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I ordered two slices of pizza and a drink for lunch. The slices were a very good size. Overall, even though it was over six dollars with tax, not a bad deal. However, the pizza was "soppy". It reminded me of the pizza they used to serve us in the cafeteria in high school, where you have to use napkins to soak up the greasy puddle before you could eat it. I would not eat their pizza again. Next time, I should read the TA reviews first. Then I would've known that the salads were the fave.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Popped in here just before the Alison Krauss concert at the Comerica Theater. Came early which was fortuitous because it filled up quickly. The service was fast and the food was awesome - a pleasant surprise considering the plain surroundings. With the fantastic concert that followed it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

1  Thank Woodchuckwally