“The Best!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Camelback East
Reviewed 10 January 2008

They have the best pizza and the Best Service. Go there for lunch 2 slices and drink are $5.25. The pizza crust is to die for (if you like thin and crispy!).

I go into pizza withdrawal if I do not go there at least once a week!
Check out their lunch specials - and I don't know what the guy was talking about before but - if you go their more than twice they make you feel like a member of their family.

Reviewed 19 May 2007

Slice of Sicily is a great neighborhood pizzaria. If I had the choice I'd give it 4 1/2 out of 5, graded down half a point only for lack of beer / wine.

There is only one other pizza joint I know of in metro Phoenix in its league, and it's one of those fancy schmancy places where you pay 3x the going rate for a) geat pizza baked in a stone oven and b) the company of people with more dollars than sense. Of course with Slice of Sicily nearby, I don't bother to search for better much any more in the way of pizza so to be fair, I may not be up on some of the latest places.

Slice of Sicily by way of contrast, is a very respectable neighborhood joint with great food at reasonable rates. They cost a little more than the chains, but I've always had great service from them and a quality dinner!

Reviewed 2 March 2007

I wanted to respond to the two people who criticized the service and people at Slice of Sicily. Usually that's all I get - a slice of pizza - so I won't say much about the food except that I like it and stop by whenever I'm in the neighborhood.

The owner has a wry, deadpan sense of humor, and if you get it, she's funny. She's always been friendly to me and seems to be with other customers as well. I've never experienced poor service or a bad attitude there.

Reviewed 19 February 2007

i am a resident of north phoenix and i've come to expect bad service at Slice of sicily, but have been kinda putting up with it in exchange for eating their delicious hand-tossed pizza. Another reviewer in sept 06 failed to mention that the pizza there, when ordered with extra sauce, is simply to die for. that being said, i've been taking crap from the unpleasant owner since they opened in 1999. i found the rest of the menu to range from tasty to quite boring. the eggplant parma is fantastic, and even better stuffed. the marsala is full of fresh cooked mushrooms while suprisingly sweet and rich-the result of using only quality marsala wine, no doubt. the baked ziti is terriffic, and the alfredo sauce is peppery and zesty, slow cooked from scratch, and if you're a lasagna fan, and partial to your mom's, thiers will take you back to the old days... delicious!!!
the appitizer menu lacks any kind of flair, but the wings are great and quite meaty, drenched best in the medium sauce. cannoli for desert is not bad, nice texture shell (very flaky and sweet) a little bland in the matter of filling.
However the service is, by far, the worst around. the owner is indeed a dreadful person, and has a certain aire of dsidain about her, towards her customers. don't expect any pleasantry upon arrival. my advice is to order take-out (and send someone else to pick it up) or delivery... after all, even an ex-con, biker, unshaven slob of a delivery driver (worst case scenario can be inserted in default) would be a more pleasant intra-personal experience than dealing with the owner of that joint.

1  Thank leon76er
Reviewed 8 September 2006

This was my second time returning to this area. I had previously eaten at this restaurant about 8 months before when I was in Phoenix. The first time service was okay, nothing to complain about. The food was acceptable.However, on my second return I experienced terrible service.This time the owner took my order. Most of the time she was griping to other customers about the high price of supplies for the restaurant (who cares) toilet becoming clogged repeatedly (eww). She hardly, if ever came around. When she did it was to plop my food down in front of me. Whenever I needed something she was either chatting with customers(who also did not look interested in what she had to say) or was in the kitchen. It was not busy in the restaurant. She also purposely ignored me when I tried to call her over for a refill. For this poor service I am never going to frequent this restaurant again. Food is acceptable, however salad dressing is terrible. It's supposedly their house dressing, but it's really watered down ranch dressing. At least that's what it tastes and looks like. Do yourself a favor and go to NYPD Pizza or Buca Di Beppo.

2  Thank Trit