“Yum! Great Tortas!”

Ranked #291 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We went to this restaurant because it was featured on Man vs. Food and were not disapointed. We, of course, had the tortas and some drinks (but not the one on MvF!! although we saw people eating it) We had kids with us and one doesn't eat mexican anything and there was not other food options for him (which we figured going into it so he got a sandwich afterwards). But overall a nice menu and great tasting food. The restaurant is not fancy (and surprised it was in sort of a strip mall), but a nice casual place. Our server was great and was very patient as we decide among all the good things to chose from. If you are in the Phoneix area, we highly recommend it.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Lunch with friends, ordered "alambre de camaron" the shrimp was good and the salad too, the menu now includes vegetarian food; unfortunately the drinks don't have refills. Overall nice experience.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My friends and I were in Phoenix and craving some Mexican food. Thankfully, I had been to this place before and knew it was amazing. While located in a strip mall, and not looking like much on the outside, the food if fantastic and the staff are friendly and helpful. One of my friends in vegetarian and was plesantly surprised with what they offered. She had the cactus tacos and raved about how fresh and tasty they were. I had a torta and a strawberry agua fresca (strawberry fruit juice). The torta was heaven - a ton of food and I almost couldn't finish it even though it had to be one of the better meals I've had in a restaurant. The agua fresca is simply a must get if you like fruit (there are multiple flavors). All in all, I know I'll be back here the first chance I get!

1  Thank RangerKristin
Reviewed 4 March 2014

They have some of the best food that I've had! I eat vegetarian and they have quite a few things to chose from.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

During our vacation to Phoenix our group of 6 was looking for a place to have dinner close to our resort (Hilton Tapatio Cliffs) and came across this restaurant on Yelp. We also heard that it was featured on Man Versus Food program and thought we'd give it a try.

Didn't think we'd find it in a small strip mall and the inside was very generic. But the place was busy which was a good sign and looked like we were going to have a very authentic Mexican meal.

I ordered the signature item that was eaten on the Man versus Food program. I'm sure mine was the normal size compared to what he ate on the show. It was a burger that had many layers of different items like pork, beef, an omelette with weiners inside, It was a bit hard to eat but was very tasty. All in all everyone in my group loved their meal. Only negative I could find is they did not serve beer. They did have some mixed drinks on the menu like margaritas and pina coladas.