“Quick weekend turnaround”

Quality Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #82 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My son was visiting a university in AZ. We just need a room with a bed and a bath for a quick 2 night weekend. This hotel served that purpose. The best thing about the room was the beds. The beds and bedding were top of the line. The furniture and bath fixtures were not. If you are looking for a good nights sleep for a great price, this is your hotel. If you are more into a luxurious vacation, this may not be the place for you.
The pool was noisy and crowded. Our door overlooked the pool deck from the second floor and we heard hooting and hollaring after 10:00 at night. Several people also ate their comp breakfast on the pool deck, so the pool was busy around the clock.
The lobby facilities and staff were excellent. Food was offered at breakfast time, but also around dinnertime every evening. Free tacos, or pasta and a beer and wine bar in the comfortable lobby. Very clean and well maintained. We spent a lot of our waking time at the hotel in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank zelda302

Reviewed 7 April 2011

Best value for $$. Really great staff. Clean rooms. Great pillows. Great mattress. Big pool. Good TV. Prompt shuttle service to places you want to go in the immediate area. Exceptional breakfast. You even get food at the PM "social hour" including a small salad bar and hot dish. You get so much more than what you would expect for the price. Treadmills in workout room are in good shape. Reliable FREE internet service (reliable internet is crucial for me). I have stayed at 4 star hotels in Phoenix ...where I paid 50% more ...and received 100% less. The Clarion may not be shiney new & impressive on the surface but, this really is THE BEST VALUE for the dollar!

Room Tip: Best rooms are
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank eqjim
Reviewed 26 March 2011

I had a pleasant 2-night stay. The pool area was very nice (pool depth max. 5 feet, hot hot tub, open until 10p, not loud) and the rooms were okay (clean but not fancy, could use updating). What I was really impressed with were the amenities: free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, shuttle to airport, and a manager's social hour (free tap beer -- including Blue Moon -- and wine with a salad bar and a different hot entree each night). It runs from 5:30-7p. The staff was great too.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kit444
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Dreadful, abysmal, dirty and unacceptable. This place is a total dump. booked this place through hotwire and it was big mistake. This place was awful and I would rate this a ZERO if i could. Terrible is not doing this justice. I waited over 45 minutes for the manager to even make time to speak with me and when he did, he talked down to me and critisized me for not coming to them to make accommodation changes. I am sorry that blood stains (or what appeared to be) are unacceptable and that i dont want to stay at a place whose housekeeping things that it is ok to have that. The rooms were small, dark and dingy. The furnishings are 10+ years old and look to have been rode hard and put up dirty...

DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU AND THE BABY JESUS HAVE NO ROOM EVEN IN THE STABLE.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Austin_J_Traveler
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Just a quick overnight with spouse. Although it is located in the Tech Center Business Park with few amenities in walking distance, there are ample shopping and eating/drinking choices within a 5-minute drive. Desk staff were friendly and professional. The breakfast and manager reception were more than expected. The rooms are clean and the bed seemed new, but are otherwise cheaply furnished and decorated, sparsely appointed, and definitely need updating. This property is really more suited to the Quality brand - it definitely doesn't feel upscale. I agree with the previous reviewer that there are better options in the area for the price. The pool area is large and well-kept, and there is free wi-fi, a large fitness room and a guest laundy.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TANSTAAFL1
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I was traveling and got sick at the airport. I have Blood Pressure issues and I was sent to the Emergency Room. I got released after I was stable at 3am in the morning. I was very unfamiliar with my surroundings, sick and weak. I called the hotel and told them my situation; the manager himself actually came and picked me up. The hospital staff they most likely would not, but cared enought to go out of their way.

I will always remember this! This is one company who has not forgot how to treat their guest...

Gina Bays

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank GinaBays
Reviewed 6 March 2011

stayed here one night when we got bumped from a flight. we were given a discount coupon from the airline, but even so, it was a great deal - good beds and shower, free shuttle to airport and nearby shopping, happy hour with draft beer, enchiladas and salad, and a great breakfast. and friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank suzie047
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
North Mountain
Econo Lodge Airport
#87 of 174 in Phoenix
Sleep Inn Airport
#113 of 174 in Phoenix

Been to Quality Inn Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!