“Classic "you get what you pay for"”

Travelodge Phoenix North
Travelodge Phoenix North
Ranked #142 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 16 June 2014

$30 for a hotel in a convenient location with a pool and free breakfast? You know there are gonna be some trade-offs. First off, be aware this is also a Knights Inn; both signs are literally hanging on the wall behind the counter, which just seemed weird, so read the reviews on both. Moving on, check-in took around 45 minutes because the key cards weren't registering properly and only one of the 3+ people in the office were actually checking guests in. I used a CC, but I overheard them ask for a $40 deposit from cash-paying guests, and don't be late checking out or you don't get it back (this happened while I was waiting to check-in). The location was easy to get to but did not seem like it was in the best part of town. It was the only night I've ever spent in Phoenix, so if I'm wrong, pardon my ignorance. The king bed had a huge sag in one side; fortunately, the other half was fine and I was by myself. I had to get to the airport before breakfast opened, so I can't comment on that. The bottom line is just that: stay here, save some money, just don't expect everything to be perfect.

Room Tip: Less than half of the rooms face the office, which is staffed 24/7, so choose one of those if you...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here using Priceline to book. This hotel was grouped with Hampton Inn and similar hotels but I got this one. What a dive. The only good thing I can say was the sheets were clean. The air conditioner was so loud, I could not talk on the phone nor listen to the TV. Thank God it was only in the 80s at the time and the nights were cool...however there is no way I could leave my window open for a breeze---WAY too scary. this place is also known as Knights Inn (weird that they list it twice and it is rated differently under different names). I will have to stay in another nearby town and commute next time I stay anywhere near Phoenix. this was pretty horrible for the price. Never again

Room Tip: there are no good rooms. But probably a bit less scary nearer the office.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Very nice and clean hotel. Actually the best one during our west coast trip! If you go there...they make you feel welcome! ;-)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Was surprised and pleased with the room overall and the service was really great. Our daughter was having cancer surgery at Mayo and this was really centrally located for our visit. We would definitely stay here again should the need arise. Room was clean, but did smell of smoking but outside of that it was clean, neat, and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Not the best area, but where is there a good area these days? Other than that and one of the front desk staff, it was alright. My son liked swimming in the pool and he loved the breakfast. Unfortunately you can't take the food to your room which we would've preferred. Next time we will research a little better before we make the choice on where to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014