“Great stay!”

Ranked #28 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Tucson, Arizona
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Stayed for a night so we'd be at the airport for our flight the next morning. This hotel is about a mile from the airport and even has a free shuttle every 20 minutes. Safe business park neighborhood. Gentleman at check-in was very personable. Suite was spacious and comfortable. Sleep number bed was comfy too. Had a great stay and I'd recommend the hotel to anyone! Thanks!

• Stayed March 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We ended up here bc the hilton garden inn airport north was booked. Only 2 miles from the 10 fwy so good for travelling through. Very quiet, great for sleeping. Cafe in lobby good for convenient dinner esp since not much nearby. Clean bathroom, clean comfy sleep number bed, very hot water in shower so watch out. Overall I would stay here again. Room service avail till 10pm. Bar lounge in lobby was cozy.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank mary1138
Metro DC
Reviewed 18 January 2011

This is clearly an older hotel but it's been refurbished quite nicely. I was in a mini-suite that provided a small extra room with a desk, TV, and a couch. The room was very clean and service was pleasant. There was plenty of free parking. You can get breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The hotel is not really that close to the airport, but there's a free shuttle available.

My only two issues: First, the heating system blew bone-dry hot air all night. I know Phoenix is a desert city, but that room dried out my skin, sinuses, and caused static electricity all over. Second, I really dislike the Sleep Number beds that Radisson has. Give me a comfy, regular old mattress any day. I just don't sleep well on the Sleep Number bed. I guess you either love them or hate them.

Otherwise, this is a better-than-average airport hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MvGel
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I arrived in Phoenix at 11 PM and did not want to start driving at the Grand Canyon at night, so I pricelined an airport hotel and got the Radisson. The room was very clean and comfortable, the sleep number bed was great. Front desk staff was very nice. I didn't use the business center or the pool. I did use the fitness room which was really nice, for a hotel. Everything was great for what I needed!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I stayed with this particular property on November 2, 2010.
I went to check in to the front desk and a guest service member by the
name of Elizabeth was working by herself. I didn’t have any credit
cards because my wallet had been recently stolen, and the airline had
booked me a room at this property because my connecting flight was
canceled. I did however, have a check and she wouldn’t take that as a
deposit either? I have traveled around and worked for a Hilton so I
know hotels can take a check as a deposit, photo-copy my drivers
license (which I had along with my checkbook), and even call a
tele-check service to confirm the check was good. She showed no
interest in trying to help me and then called Julien [--] the front
Office Manager, who was not even present and had to speak to via
phone. Julien was very combative and showed an extreme lack of respect
for my situation. He didn’t offer any solutions. I became very upset over this. I had not chosen this hotel, it was the hotel the airline used for distressed passengers, and they were not able to accommodate guests in this condition. I was
unable to sleep a decent amount of time because of all of this. The
room and tax was paid for by the airline. So I ask: why are the staff
not trained to read the situation of a guest? Why can’t they take a
check as a deposit? There is no excuse. I have also written the airline and recommended that they discontinue using this hotel for this type of service. I will never stay at this hotel chain every again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank jmpotts
RadissonNorth, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 12 November 2010
We appreciate your time for the review on TripAdvisor. It is unfortunate that this guest did not stay at our hotel due to not having proper payment. This hotel like most in the area does not accept checks as a form of payment. If she would have not had a friend pick her up, she would have been able to experience our well trained and hospitable staff who were able to offer numerous alternatives including transportation to a hotel in the area. I invite all to read the reviews listed below of the guests who have experienced the comfort and friendliness of the Radisson Phoenix Airport North.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We stayed here after our trip to Tucson to be close to the airport when we flew out the next morning. The room was clean and modern. It had a king size Sleep Number bed with wireless remotes which was a nice surprise. It had a large LCD TV in the room and free Wifi. One down side was that the air conditioner was very loud and prevented us from getting to sleep for a while. It was a cozy room and we could have stayed longer if we had the air conditioner fixed.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 30 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel as part of a week long trip in Arizona. We flew into PHX late at night and decided it was cheaper (and safer) to get a hotel instead of picking up a rental car and driving to our destination right away. The shuttle took about 15 minutes to pick us up (it was around midnight,) and promptly took us to the hotel where check in was quick. The beds were not anything awesome ( I guess some people really enjoy sleepnumber beds- I am not one of them I guess,) but were great for tired travelers waiting to start their trip! I would definitely recommend this hotel again- we priceline negotiated for it and were very happy with the outcome!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple