“Ideal place to stay”

Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Melbourne
“Ideal place to stay”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I have to give this Hotel credit because for our family this was the perfect place to spend our last night in the US before returning home. First impression was great, the front desk staff were all very friendly and accommodating which always makes you feel like you made the right choice.
We were upgraded to a double queen room at no cost and what really impressed us was the late 4:00pm check out that didn't cost us any extra. Perhaps this is normal in the US but we were happy that they gladly offered this without hesitation. The late check out allowed us to do some extra shopping and last minute packing before our late afternoon flight. The room was fine, we had a view over the pool so for us we couldn't fault it. Realistically we wouldn't have stayed here unless we were flying out of Sky Harbour so our expectations were not overly high.
We liked the free WiFi, business centre and heated outdoor pool which our boys enjoyed. The only meal we had at the Hotel was breakfast which was fine except that they didn't have more than one type of milk for coffee & cereal which I found strange given the choices we found at most other hotels.
Overall this is a great option close to the airport with friendly accommodating staff and a modern hotel. We would definately say here again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 3644jv
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you for your ideal review and for taking the time to write about your familiy's experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff, business center and heated pool. I hope you visit us again if travel brings you back to Phoenix.
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oregon
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed here the night before flying out of PHX - mixed feelings, but will find someplace else next time.
Good points =
-friendly staff
-easy for transportation to airport
-shuttle to airport on time and friendly driver
Bad points =
-first room they gave us was right next to air conditioning units outside, that was what you saw on looking out the window, and noisy, but they did change rooms for us
-wall plug in bathroom was literally coming out of the wall
-baseboards in bathroom had not been cleaned for awhile - however, fixtures were very clean
-their "number" bed was very different, and substandard, than others we've used
-our son came to the lobby to meet us, and when he asked the desk to phone our room, they first tried to give him a key (but a supervisor stopped that), then they didn't actually phone our room until he checked again 20 minutes later

The restaurant has recently been remodeled, and they may have all new staff - food was okay, but we chose off the menu for breakfast, and it took over 20 minutes for pancakes and eggs - would have been much, much faster to go through the buffet, which looked fine - evidently, according to our pleasant waiter, the order did not get seen in the kitchen.

Hopefully, they will be able to figure out the restaurant process, but overall, there are just too many other airport hotels that can do better.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor to get away from equipment - I think they will accommodate the requ...
3 Thank OregonWoodduck
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. I will also discuss the service time on your breakfast with our staff to ensure we continue to live up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the General Manager. Regardless of your further response, I want you to know that we have heard your comments and will use them to improve our hotel. I also wanted to thank you for the nice comments about the friendly staff and easy transportation. I hope you will visit us again in the future.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed for several days recently while attending a convention nearby. As has been mentioned here frequently, the staff are some of the most accomodating, congenial and informative individuals I've ever encountered at a hotel... and this includes the general manager.. The only negative I had during my stay was that the dining area was closed for lunch two out of the four days I stayed. Once for "repairs" and once for a company meeting.

I would definitely stay here again, if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tennis3
Wow! What kind words regarding your stay at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your patience as we roll out our new RBG restaurant. Thanks again for great words that I will pass on to the team.
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I like to stay at the Radisson when I'm flying out of Phoenix because its so convenient to the airport and the hotel staff is so helpful [ except the female bartender who treats the customers rudely ] but the rooms are in dire need of an upgrade. The hotel has remodeled the restaurant , bar & lobby but have ignored the rooms, halls and elevators, within the last six months I've stayed on the 5th & 7th floors and all the rooms have been clean but shabby, I've decided to go elsewhere next flight out, there are too many choices to keep putting up with mediocre.

Room Tip: When you check in, make sure your room has a fridge, they seem to move them around like dominos.
1 Thank paco30
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Radisson. I am happy to hear the great comments regarding the helpful staff, convenient location, clean rooms and our recent completion of the first floor renovation. We are very happy with the contemporary lobby, meeting space, restaurant and lounge as our phase I of renovation is completed. At this time we are in the design and planning stage of our rooms portion of the renovation and will continue to keep our high cleanliness and service standards that you and so many guests have come back to enjoy. I hope you will come back to visit us and enjoy our new RBG bar and grill.
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 15 April 2013

we stayed one night the staff was extremely friendly the room was great best night sleep ive had in a hotel in years. The pool area was clean and great for the whole family.We will stay here every time we visit the valley

1 Thank Bobby H
Thanks for the great review. I appreciate you sharing your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport with our friendly staff, clean pool and family atmosphere. Hopefully you can come back and stay for more days next time while enjoying our convenient location to many Valley attractions.
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed here for 3 days during Spring training. The rooms are comfortable but not extravagent. The hotel has invested in special mattresses for the beds, which make them relaxing. The a/c works great; which was important given the heat in Phoenix. They have a nice, but not fancy, pool area. The staff was very helpful and apoligized when we had a fire alarms (caused by an outside power surge) during one night. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant; the buffet was ok, but a bit overpriced. I'd stick to the regular menu if coming for breakfast. I'd stay here again if I was looking for a place near the Phoenix airport.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds. I apologize for the disruption on the night of your stay, but am pleased that our staff handled it holding true to our Yes I Can culture. We look forward to your next stay.
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at the Radisson for 3 nights and can highly recommend this hotel. For a comfortable price, it's location is excellent with plenty of close parking at all hours. The front desk service was really friendly and helpful with all of our questions and requests throughout our stay. I will definitely choose this hotel again and take advantage of the beautiful pool area as well. My advice-make sure to order room service--the food is delicious, presented timely, and with class!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your fantastic experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed friendly staff, beautiful pool and great room service. We look forward to your next stay and hope you have more time to enjoy.