“A Great Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
Ranked #28 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Redditch, United Kingdom
“A Great Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

My experiences of Airport Hotels are that they cater for people who are probably only going to stay a night or two in between flights or moving on. This was in fact mostly the case, especially in our case. I saw pilots, cabin crew and bleary eyed passengers as well as regulars at this hotel and they all appeared to be comfortable in this clean and pristine hotel.

My father and I had only stayed for a single night while we continued our journey by road the next day, but I am very impressed with the condition of the room with only a few minor grumbles. The room was on par with much grander hotels I have stayed in. The first grumble was as we walked in there seemed to be no immediate light switch and the room was enshrouded in darkness. The only way we could get some light into the room was to fumble into the bathroom where there was a light switch for the bathroom only. We only found the side lamp switches and in the 16 hours we spent in that room, we still never found the main overhead light switch. I saw the light, but there was no card slot, no obvious switch. We relied on the bedside lamps which seemed to be plenty of in that room. Which brings me onto the second grumble: the lamps were practically falling apart and felt dangerous to use. The buzzing on a couple of the lamps made me very weary to use them. I forget the room no, maybe 356, but it was on the third floor, at the very end on the right. The third grumble (and last) is that, Damn, that aircon unit on the window is noisy. It was like sleeping next to a jet engine. Too hot with it off though so we had to put up with it all night, I suppose you just get used to it.

Now the grumbles are out of the way let me say that this hotel was excellent. Every corner was clean and smelled fresh (not that I smelled every single corner). The staff was equally fresh and courteous (no smelling of the staff) and I must especially note that the Big Grill restaurant staff made us both feel like the most important people in the hotel. I forget your names, but thank you to a wonderful introduction to your wonderful state and country.

We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on it, but I did peek inside the training room and business centre which both look well presented and functional.

The location of the hotel is perfect for the airport. We hopped on the new (and free) skytrain to the end terminal and hopped off, walked a block and a half north to the hotel. That was it. Although I think hotel was designed to be driven to as there was no path to the hotel and we had to trundle our cases through the gutter. Needless to say that Phoenix is a very pedestrian friendly place to walk about.

This hotel would also serve as a main base for exploring the city. Its not too far from the Light Railway (Tram to us UK people), which pulls into the same station as the Sky Train. The Light Railway visits all the best areas of Phoenix and its only $4.00 for a fully activated Day Pass.

This hotel seems to cater for disabled/handicapped visitors just as well as abled visitors. There are ramps everywhere and plenty of space to direct mobility devices about without hampering the walkways of corridors. I'm sure the more than compliant staff would be willing to assist anyone who asks or just appear to need it.

As for taking children, the hotel is probably on par with every other hotel. While I am my father's child, I am an adult in my thirties so I didn't require a creche at this time, not that I saw one. I suspect that there wasn't any childrens activities and the single pool probably wouldn't suit excited children without upsetting some of the weary travellers shedding their jet lag.

Room Tip: Most rooms are quiet when you turn off the aircon. A twin room with double beds has lots of space an...
2 Thank MattH4
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your great experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted that you enjoyed the RBG restaurant and the staff took good care of you. Although our location is a great jumping off point for any plans in the Phoenix area, we pride ourselves on service and I am happy you had such a good experience. I do apologize for the lighting situation you encountered and the A/C noise. I will have Engineering check your room. Thanks again for the feedback.
Best wishes,
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Upgraded to a suite. Two big tvs. Big was great. View... well it is the airport Radisson. 5 miles from Airport. Well past the seedy places. Easy to get in and out. One mile from Target, Costco, Supermarket. 7 miles from 5th ave.

Room Tip: Free WiFi. Pay for Breakfast.
2 Thank Jack S
I am pleased that you found our central location so close to all of your needs. Many folks enjoy staying at the Radisson Phoenix Airport for business and pleasure. Thanks for this review and hope to see you back soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I would recommend staying at this hotel. The price is reasonable. 8 minute walk to the light rail. Their staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms were a good size with comfortable/fluffy pillows, comforter, and queen size bed. Love how they had late check out up to 6pm which worked out perfectly for me and may be for others who will also be attending the ASU orientation and BSN session that ends past checkout time. They also offered a shuttle to take me back to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank fun2party
Thank you for your nice review regarding the friendly staff at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted to read that our location worked out so well for your ASU orientation. With our convenient airport location and access to the light rail, we are a good fit for plans that take you to ASU Tempe campus. I look forward to your next stay.
Sun City, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

The staff here was fantastic! Carla at the the front desk was very helpful and made us feel very welcome. The accommodations are very nice as well -- only complaint was the pillows which were not very good. My biggest complaint is their restaurant. Paid $27 for a steak which tasted half as good as steaks costing half as much. Worse, the next day I came in from the pool, went to the restaurant for coffee. They gave me old, lukewarm coffee from the carafe that was apparently left over from breakfast. Then, instead of charging new $2 like the sign said, they charged me $3.75. So, I ended up paying $8 for two cups of coffee that weren't even drinkable. I went back and said that it was only lukewarm and instead of pouring out the half cup of coffee and giving me a fresh cup, he pours fresh into the old so I still had onlya lukewarm cup of coffee. I threw it out. I probably should have complained more at the time, bit I just gave up.

I'd stay here again, and have infant booked here for a return trip to Phoenix, but I'll definitely be avoiding their restaurant!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Davefromwis
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. We are delighted to read that you thought our staff was fantastic!
I also wanted to apologize for the concerns you have regarding the restaurant and want you to know we are working on our staffing & systems to live up to our high Radisson standards of food and service. We look forward to your next stay and hope that you give us another chance meet and exceed your expectations in the restaurant.
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We booked through Expedia, got a good deal. Stayed 3 days. Was very nice, quiet, everything you need. Room service great, restaurant and bar had excellent food. We did not get a chance to cjeck out the pool, wad kind of windy the day we planned. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank DiabloSands
Thanks for the excellent review. I appreciate your comments regarding the restaurant and your quiet stay at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. Hopefully you can join us again and enjoy the pool and newly expanded fitness center.
Best wishes,
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I have to give this Hotel credit because for our family this was the perfect place to spend our last night in the US before returning home. First impression was great, the front desk staff were all very friendly and accommodating which always makes you feel like you made the right choice.
We were upgraded to a double queen room at no cost and what really impressed us was the late 4:00pm check out that didn't cost us any extra. Perhaps this is normal in the US but we were happy that they gladly offered this without hesitation. The late check out allowed us to do some extra shopping and last minute packing before our late afternoon flight. The room was fine, we had a view over the pool so for us we couldn't fault it. Realistically we wouldn't have stayed here unless we were flying out of Sky Harbour so our expectations were not overly high.
We liked the free WiFi, business centre and heated outdoor pool which our boys enjoyed. The only meal we had at the Hotel was breakfast which was fine except that they didn't have more than one type of milk for coffee & cereal which I found strange given the choices we found at most other hotels.
Overall this is a great option close to the airport with friendly accommodating staff and a modern hotel. We would definately say here again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 3644jv
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you for your ideal review and for taking the time to write about your familiy's experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff, business center and heated pool. I hope you visit us again if travel brings you back to Phoenix.
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed here the night before flying out of PHX - mixed feelings, but will find someplace else next time.
Good points =
-friendly staff
-easy for transportation to airport
-shuttle to airport on time and friendly driver
Bad points =
-first room they gave us was right next to air conditioning units outside, that was what you saw on looking out the window, and noisy, but they did change rooms for us
-wall plug in bathroom was literally coming out of the wall
-baseboards in bathroom had not been cleaned for awhile - however, fixtures were very clean
-their "number" bed was very different, and substandard, than others we've used
-our son came to the lobby to meet us, and when he asked the desk to phone our room, they first tried to give him a key (but a supervisor stopped that), then they didn't actually phone our room until he checked again 20 minutes later

The restaurant has recently been remodeled, and they may have all new staff - food was okay, but we chose off the menu for breakfast, and it took over 20 minutes for pancakes and eggs - would have been much, much faster to go through the buffet, which looked fine - evidently, according to our pleasant waiter, the order did not get seen in the kitchen.

Hopefully, they will be able to figure out the restaurant process, but overall, there are just too many other airport hotels that can do better.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor to get away from equipment - I think they will accommodate the requ...
3 Thank OregonWoodduck
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. I will also discuss the service time on your breakfast with our staff to ensure we continue to live up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the General Manager. Regardless of your further response, I want you to know that we have heard your comments and will use them to improve our hotel. I also wanted to thank you for the nice comments about the friendly staff and easy transportation. I hope you will visit us again in the future.