“Remodel looks great, service still fantastic!”

Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
Ranked #28 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
The Colony, Texas
“Remodel looks great, service still fantastic!”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The remodel paid off for this Radisson. It was a bit troublesome staying here during the changes, but they were finished on my most recent stay and they did a great job with the place. The new restaurant is fantastic with a much more pleasing menu than before. The bar still serves a good selection, but now with expanded Happy Hour offerings and a chic decor. I've always had great service when I walk into this Radisson and my most recent trip was no exception; it truly makes my trips to Phoenix a little more enjoyable (especially when it's 110 degrees outside).

Room Tip: Get the king size bed room if you're on business; the layout of the office furniture is much nic...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thanks for the fantastic review. I am so pleased to hear that you like the remodel and new restaurant at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your loyalty and taking the time to share your experience. That same great staff loves to hear reviews like this! Hope to see you back soon!
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tucson
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Living in Tucson, we venture up to Phoenix occasionally to catch a flight, watch a baseball game, or just get away. We have tried many Hotels but keep returning to the Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport. For us this Hotel just fits the bill. The key to me when choosing a Hotel is cleanliness, location, friendliness and of course a comfortable bed. The Radisson in my opinion has it all! The staff is super friendly, from the front desk to the cleaning folks! The rooms are always clean, and the beds, "Sleep Number Beds" - you can set them to your comfort level. The Hotel is close to the airport (but no plane noises keeping you awake at night - promise) and they even offer a free shuttle! Also the metro transit train is about a block away! My wife and I have stayed at the Radisson approximately 15 times now, and to use a baseball analogy - They are batting 1000.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Holy Cow! Thank you so much for your review of the Radisson Phoenix Airport. The staff loves when guests return and return. I know that you have choices in a large city like Phoenix and we are proud to earn your business each visit. I hope you are enjoying the new RBG Bar and Grill that recently opened. See you back soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. It is close to freeway access and to restaurants and shopping. There were no restaurants really in walking distance but close if you have a car. The grounds were clean and had really tasteful desert plants many of which were in bloom. The parking was well lighted in the rear where I parked and it seemed a very safe location. The lobby, hospitality room and common areas were very chic. The business center was well equipped and every thing I utilized there performed flawlessly.

My room faced out the back of the hotel and afforded a beautiful view of the mountains and the sunrise.

I would recommend this hotel if you stay in Phoenix.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out the back of the hotel....4th floor or higher.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our convenient location, Business Center and beautiful views. We look forward to your next stay and thanks for your personal recommendation.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 6 May 2013

As with so many of my trips, I booked a quick weekend getaway to Phoenix to visit a friend. I was able to book the room for a reasonable rate, and had a very nice stay at the hotel. Everything was very clean, and I have no complaints about the property it's self. My only compliant was that after arriving at the airport, and calling the hotel van after I was at baggage claim, I had to wait nearly 45 minutes for the shuttle to come pick me up. The hotel is less than two miles from the airport, so that was a bit offputting. Thankfully it was only 95 over the weekend so the heat was manageable. The room was nice as I was able to get an executive room on the 7th floor. Staff was accomodating and friendly. Overall very good stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I apologize that the shuttle did not pick you up in a timely manner and will work with the team to assure prompt service for future guests. Thanks for the other nice comments about cleanliness and the friendly staff making it a good stay. We hope to see back when travels bring you to Phoenix in the future!
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Hotel lobby and restaurant had a very chic, contemporary feel. The rooms and upstairs halls are a little more dated, but not overly concerning. The pool was decent; even with as many people/kids as I saw in the pool, there were still lounge chairs up for grabs. As hot as Phoenix is, I appreciated the water bottles provided daily in my room.

1 Thank AprilJinCO
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. I appreciate your nice comments regarding the phase I of our renovation and contemporary feel. We would like to hear more about your stay and what we can improve on to receive 4 or 5 stars to match your comments. Please contact the hotel directly and ask for Ted Trembath.
Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My experiences of Airport Hotels are that they cater for people who are probably only going to stay a night or two in between flights or moving on. This was in fact mostly the case, especially in our case. I saw pilots, cabin crew and bleary eyed passengers as well as regulars at this hotel and they all appeared to be comfortable in this clean and pristine hotel.

My father and I had only stayed for a single night while we continued our journey by road the next day, but I am very impressed with the condition of the room with only a few minor grumbles. The room was on par with much grander hotels I have stayed in. The first grumble was as we walked in there seemed to be no immediate light switch and the room was enshrouded in darkness. The only way we could get some light into the room was to fumble into the bathroom where there was a light switch for the bathroom only. We only found the side lamp switches and in the 16 hours we spent in that room, we still never found the main overhead light switch. I saw the light, but there was no card slot, no obvious switch. We relied on the bedside lamps which seemed to be plenty of in that room. Which brings me onto the second grumble: the lamps were practically falling apart and felt dangerous to use. The buzzing on a couple of the lamps made me very weary to use them. I forget the room no, maybe 356, but it was on the third floor, at the very end on the right. The third grumble (and last) is that, Damn, that aircon unit on the window is noisy. It was like sleeping next to a jet engine. Too hot with it off though so we had to put up with it all night, I suppose you just get used to it.

Now the grumbles are out of the way let me say that this hotel was excellent. Every corner was clean and smelled fresh (not that I smelled every single corner). The staff was equally fresh and courteous (no smelling of the staff) and I must especially note that the Big Grill restaurant staff made us both feel like the most important people in the hotel. I forget your names, but thank you to a wonderful introduction to your wonderful state and country.

We didn't use the pool so I can't comment on it, but I did peek inside the training room and business centre which both look well presented and functional.

The location of the hotel is perfect for the airport. We hopped on the new (and free) skytrain to the end terminal and hopped off, walked a block and a half north to the hotel. That was it. Although I think hotel was designed to be driven to as there was no path to the hotel and we had to trundle our cases through the gutter. Needless to say that Phoenix is a very pedestrian friendly place to walk about.

This hotel would also serve as a main base for exploring the city. Its not too far from the Light Railway (Tram to us UK people), which pulls into the same station as the Sky Train. The Light Railway visits all the best areas of Phoenix and its only $4.00 for a fully activated Day Pass.

This hotel seems to cater for disabled/handicapped visitors just as well as abled visitors. There are ramps everywhere and plenty of space to direct mobility devices about without hampering the walkways of corridors. I'm sure the more than compliant staff would be willing to assist anyone who asks or just appear to need it.

As for taking children, the hotel is probably on par with every other hotel. While I am my father's child, I am an adult in my thirties so I didn't require a creche at this time, not that I saw one. I suspect that there wasn't any childrens activities and the single pool probably wouldn't suit excited children without upsetting some of the weary travellers shedding their jet lag.

Room Tip: Most rooms are quiet when you turn off the aircon. A twin room with double beds has lots of space an...
2 Thank MattH4
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your great experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted that you enjoyed the RBG restaurant and the staff took good care of you. Although our location is a great jumping off point for any plans in the Phoenix area, we pride ourselves on service and I am happy you had such a good experience. I do apologize for the lighting situation you encountered and the A/C noise. I will have Engineering check your room. Thanks again for the feedback.
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Upgraded to a suite. Two big tvs. Big was great. View... well it is the airport Radisson. 5 miles from Airport. Well past the seedy places. Easy to get in and out. One mile from Target, Costco, Supermarket. 7 miles from 5th ave.

Room Tip: Free WiFi. Pay for Breakfast.
2 Thank Jack S
I am pleased that you found our central location so close to all of your needs. Many folks enjoy staying at the Radisson Phoenix Airport for business and pleasure. Thanks for this review and hope to see you back soon!