“Didn't honor our reservation”

Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
Ranked #28 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Seattle
“Didn't honor our reservation”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Made a reservation for one nite, paid in full in advance and when we arrived to check in were told that others had extended their stay so there was no room for us. It was 1:30am and they "walked" us to a lesser hotel down the road. I've stayed in this hotel before and thought it was nice but this was terrible customer service. Beware!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cherylswroth
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
I regret that we were unable to accommodate your reservation on that night. This does not happen often and it is always unfortunate to our valued guest that we are forced to relocate. I can assure you that we have many systems in place to minimize this occurrence, but I am aware that it does not change your negative experience with us. I hope you give us another chance for you to experience the wonderful service and stays like the other reviewers on Trip Advisor are referring to. Please contact the hotel directly and ask for the GM if you are visiting Phoenix again. Again, I apologize that this had such a negative effect on your trip to the Valley of the Sun.
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel and it's staff have impressed me more and more with each stay. Large rooms, comfortable beds, nice personal gym and excellent staff that really makes the stay special. All of that and a good value as well. Centrally located for anything Phoenix, this is my must stay for my business trips. Highly Recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for an impressive review of your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel as your home away from home for business and anything in Phoenix. We look forward to your next visit!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a wonderful business hotel located very close to the PHX airport. How close? I took the skytrain to 44th/Washington. Then walked 2 blocks to the Radisson. At Checkin I was welcomed with warm smiles. Thanked for my loyalty and was given room choices. The front desk person suggested that if I did not mind a room with 2 beds, she could put me on a high floor with a beautiful view of the saddle back mountains. Sounded great to me.

The room had dated furniture, but was very comfortable. The door has Very poor noise insulation: I could hear conversations happening in the hallway. No fridge or microwave. Also, there is no free food at the Radisson, but there is an overpriced restaurant in the lobby. No worries, there is a circle K gas station a block away.

Free Airport shuttle service is available. The temp in my hometown was 20 below, so I chose to walk and soak up the sun and warmth. Highly recommand this Radisson.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for your warm review of your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate your recommendation of our hotel especially if a guest is without a car. Our location is a key feature along with beautiful views on the higher floors. Our RBG Bar & Grill does have some value options and I hope you get a chance to enjoy it on a future visit. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the Valley of the Sun and its best feature – sunny weather. Thanks again for sharing.
Newfoundland
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We were fortunate to snag a King room here when our flight to Las Vegas was diverted for weather. Rate was reasonable, bed was comfy, rooms/halls a bit dated but clean and comfortable. The staff is fantastic (thanks Eric!) and the shuttle is quick and frequent. Just what we needed.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your great experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I know it was unplanned, but I am very pleased that you found our staff accommodating and the shuttle convenient. Next time you come to Phoenix, hopefully you will have time to enjoy our other amenities like Fitness Center, Outdoor Pool and RBG Bar & Grill. See you soon!
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Hotel is the most desirable. It is close to the airport but nothing else. Good shuttle service. All the staff is friendly from check in to shuttle driver. The bartender was amazingly good and friendly! Room are kinda dated but the beds are awesome! Nice conference rooms and catering was good.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jason K
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thanks for your great comments regarding our customer service. Thank you for noticing our upgraded conference facilities and catering. We are in the planning stages of our guest room portion of our renovation. I hope you can return and enjoy all of our amenities in your next visit.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was forced to stay here due to airline issues, and the airline put everyone up at this hotel. The outside and lobby look nice, but don't be fooled. The double bed room I had was mediocre at best. A slight effort was made to try and modernize the room, but it it was still apparent that the room was just run down. The closet door had springs popping out, so it wouldn't completely shut and the sink was loose and leaked. The shower, well it had hot and cold water. At least the heating and air conditioning worked well and the TV was decent.
The main reason for the low rating was the bedding. Both beds had dirty sheets and comforters. One bed even had blood stains on the pillows and sheets. There is no way these sheets were changed. It was disgusting. Good luck if you choose to stay here. Maybe bring your own bedding.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MartinJLD
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your bedding. This is surely not up to our high standards and the first time this has happened to my knowledge. I will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest bed linen is up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Ted Trembath, General Manager. I hope to speak with you in order to give us another chance to exceed your expectations on a future visit.
Switzerland
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is not a fancy hotel, but it works. It has a shuttle-bus system for airport pick-up and drop-off - and for other trips from and to the hotel. The check-in was friendly and quick. The room was large (typical USA) and the bed comfortable. Not too many frills, but it works. The restaurant is not fancy, but the chef can cook and the local beer was excellent too.

Phoenix is a big, sprawling city and so this hotel, being close to the airport, is convenient for that, at least.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank IOWman
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am pleased you enjoyed our efficient shuttle service and food in the RBG Bar & Grill. I look forward to your next stay.