“Great place to be if you are away from home”

Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport
Ranked #28 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Dearborn, Michigan
“Great place to be if you are away from home”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The rooms and quality of service were excellent during my four days there. The food was fresh and well prepared on the breakfast buffet. It's a great place to stay with shuttle service for easy access from the airport.

• Stayed March 2014
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am pleased you enjoyed our excellent customer service, easy access location and airport shuttle service. I look forward to your next stay.
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Arkansas
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were picked up at the airport by a courtesy shuttle and taken back the same way. The shuttle runs 20 minutes after every hour I believe. We were welcomed by two friendly staff members upon arrival. My husband is a member of their traveling program and received an upgrade as the literature he receives said he is to be offered if it is available. This was refreshing because it was not even mentioned when we stayed at the Fort location. We stayed in a King Suite on the 7th floor and we both loved it. The room was great and provided for our different sleep habits and TV viewing choices of which I was thankful that I didn't have to watch anymore basketball!!! (March Madness time) There was a nice view out the window watching the airplanes. The room was clean, and had big fluffy towels. The bed was not a sleep number like I have at home, but it was very comfortable and had plenty of pillows without having to ask for more. There was also an extra pillow and blanket in the closet that I used to lay down on the couch and watch TV in the living area I was also appreciative of having a safe and a hair dryer that could be used for styling and not just drying my hair. The only addition I would suggest is a make up mirror with a magnifying side to it.
We also enjoyed the lounge and the restaurant during our stay. The staff in all locations were friendly and helpful. I would recommend to other couples or for business travel.

Room Tip: King Suite on level 7
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thanks for your great comments and I am happy to hear that you LOVED it! I appreciate you taking the time to share some great features of our hotel including the Club Carlson upgrade and complimentary shuttle service. I hope you are making it through the March Madness - and we hope to see you back soon,
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We booked this hotel for a flight layover on the advice of a colleague. I may have had my expectations set too high, but every Radisson property I've visited has always met them in the past. The customer service and staff were the only bright spots for this stay, as the room (630) was not what you want for $200+ per night. The ceiling had such a thick coating of dust it was brown instead of white, I had to try to avoid contacting it (I'm 6'5") for fear of being showered with prior guests' dead skin cells. 80% of the tv channels were fuzzy, blurry, or had only a "Dish Network" logo bouncing around; and the remote was held together with black duct tape. The shower fixtures and hardware was antiquated and ridiculous, the adjustable shower head was straight from the '70s, probably when the place was built. The bed was very comfortable and the towels were soft, but if I had been paying with my own money or staying longer than one night I would have moved elsewhere. Definitely not what one would expect from a Radisson property.

Room Tip: Don't get room 630.
2 Thank Jason M
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations of your room and TV signal. I will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. Our TV signal is in process of upgrading to a full High Definition. I apologize that the reception was fuzzy during this transition. I hope you can join us again to truly experience the Radisson Yes I Can culture and I am pleased to read that our staff was a bright spot for your stay.
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I booked a two day meeting for 26 people and hotel rooms. The staff at the Radisson are friendly, helpful, and made our stay excellent. We also had the meeting catered for breakfast and lunch on both days and the food was amazing. Thank you Radisson Hotel staff, ( especially Mellors for putting up with all my changes, your professionalism never faultered ), you were great and we will be back.

1 Thank Karie C
Thank you for your awesome feedback and for taking the time to write about your group meeting experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am thrilled to read that you such a positive meeting and that our team could be a big part of that. With our new renovation last year, we expanded and refreshed our meeting space and now offer great service with great space for small and medium sized groups. I look forward to your next stay and hopefully you can return to enjoy a leisure trip to Phoenix to enjoy all of our amenities.
Ted Trembath - General Manager.
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My room was clean and totally adequate, and the service was great. Everyone was exceptionally friendly. The biggest surprise was the hotel restaurant. Our rate (I was there on business) ended up having breakfast included, and that was a huge plus--the breakfast buffet was totally legit and high-quality. The coffee was strong and fresh, and each table got its own carafe. We were working long days, and after the first day we were so exhausted that we decided to give the hotel restaurant a try for dinner, and we were all totally impressed. We ended up going back the next night. The bar also had a great happy hour, and they even put out some free appetizers.

1 Thank Algorithmforblotto
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your nice feedback and great comments regarding the friendly service and RBG Bar & Grill. The restaurant is just one of our many guest driven amenities including the Fitness Center, Pool/spa and Business Center. I hope you can return on a pleasure trip to enjoy all the valley of the sun has to offer!
Stillwater, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Excellent service by everyone at the Raddison Phoenix Airport.
Being a Club Carlson Gold member we were upgraded to a suite on the business floor. Excellent view of the mountains.
Bathroon showing it's age but clean.
Pool could use a little more cleaning though.
Would definately return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your great review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your upgraded room and view of Camelback Mountain. I appreciate your loyalty to the Carlson brands and look forward to your next stay.
Best wishes,
Leduc Alberta
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Very clean rooms, Great food, & Excellent service. The room was quiet and spotless. 4 star hotel but the food and service is 5 star. We had to stay a couple of nights because we missed our flight, but because the room was so nice we didn't mind that we had missed our flight.

Room Tip: Try to request a room up high because the pool area can get noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank koenbar
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your great review and for sharing with others your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the food at RBG Bar & Grill as well as the service. I am sorry you missed your flight but very happy you enjoyed your unplanned stop in our home. Hopefully next time you can plan your visit and enjoy the great sites and flavors one has access to using the Radisson Phoenix Airport as your jumping off point.
Best wishes,