“late night stop off”

Ranked #28 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
scunthorpe,england
“late night stop off”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

my wife and i came late in the evening to phoenix and picked this hotel by chance and stopped merely because we didnt want to drive any further. we were a little peckish and ordered in a pizza which we picked from a local area guide book. in a short time a pizza was delivered to our room with soft drinks.The hotel was pleasant and the staff were very helpful.we had no complaints.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you found us on your journey through Phoenix. Thanks for commenting on the pleasant and helpful staff. We look forward to your next stay.
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I needed to have a room at airport last minute. Desk clerk made reservation smoothly over phone with a great rate...better than consolidators I might add. Check in was easy, friendly service clear directions and instructions for use of early a.m. shuttle to airport. Shuttle was on time, courteous and comfortable.
King room was lovely, clean and tasteful. Coffee in lobby could have been stronger for us east coast coffee drinkers.
Thank you Radisson for making a difficult last minute trip easy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thanks for your perfect review. I am so pleased the team could make your experience smooth from start to finish. Being an Airport hotel, we have many guests who are in for last minute trips, so thank you again for sharing the specifics of how we can make life easier in a tough time. Hopefully you can stay longer and enjoy some of the other hotel amenities on your next planned trip!
Seattle
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have to admit that I spent only a few hours in this hotel. Got in late from touring Arizona, and was ready to fly home early next AM. This hotel was just right for what I needed. It was clean, comfortable, and close to the airport. The front desk clerk was able to give us directions for a quicker way to get to the rental car return, though it still took 15 minutes to get to the airport. The gas station across the street was convenient for filling up the car before returning it. I can't comment on any of the hotel amenities, though, but the room was nice and we got a corner room as I requested it be quiet. It was, though, a bit expensive.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room and got one in a corner. It was quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thanks for your review of the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your quiet stay and the location of the hotel. I hope you can visit us again for longer stay to enjoy our pool, fitness center and central location to the valley's finest tourist destinations.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I still give it a very good rating for location, pleasant staff and nice restaurant. Asked for extra bedding for the sofa bed and just received basic bedding. My 16 yo still managed to sleep on it as long as he didn't move around much.

Once you fold out the sofa bed, you have to walk sideways to get around your room. Seemed like an excessive amt. of furniture for a queen + separate studio.

Room Tip: We were high up - no problems. Once you fold out the sofa bed, you have to walk sideways as soon a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Crystal_StarrWeaver
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the RBG Bar & Grill, pleasant staff and good location. I apologize that the pull out sofa bed was not satisfactory and we will use your feedback in our planning of the room’s renovation upcoming. I hope you can come and visit us again soon!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I picked this airport for the company rate and airport location, and mistakingly expected an uninspired and dated property. Imagine my surprise at the stylish public area and bar and restaurant remodel, with great food and drink options. Coming on top of excellent customer service, I had a very pleasant evening!

The public areas have been very recently remodeled in stylish designs and colors (pictured), very pleasant spaces to hang out in. Definitely a good option if you and your colleagues are looking for a drink in the bar and a convenient dinner. Breakfast options were decent, on par with their sister chain Country Inn, complete with waffle maker.

Restaurant RBG (pictured) featured a nice selection of apps and entrees, but at this location in Phoenix added some nice Southwest options, including fish tacos and the delicious Western Burger with chorizo and avocado aioli. Paired with some truffled garlic tater tots, a nice dinner! The beer menu featured Arizona microbrews, including a delicious scotch ale.

The separate bar area (pictured here, but at breakfast time, so empty) was very pleasant, with a fireplace. In addition to the beer selections, the bar featured decent liquor including several top shelf bourbons, not just the usual well drinks.

The pleasant outdoor saltwater pool and hot tub are nice spaces, family friendly, with a fitness room with up-to-the-date cardio available nearby.

All in all, solid food, nice bar with decent selection, great and friendly customer service, all at a bargain price and great location to the airport. Perfectly adequate rooms are waiting for their remodel, which will lift this property a notch even higher.

Room Tip: High floor to avoid parking lot and busy airport thoroughfare noise. Sunscreen for you and the kids...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for putting in the time to record your great experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport and RBG Bar & Grill. I am so pleased you liked the renovation including the menu at the RBG restaurant. You touched on so many of our amenities that keep guests returning for both business and pleasure. I hope you can visit us again soon!
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The rooms and quality of service were excellent during my four days there. The food was fresh and well prepared on the breakfast buffet. It's a great place to stay with shuttle service for easy access from the airport.

• Stayed March 2014
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am pleased you enjoyed our excellent customer service, easy access location and airport shuttle service. I look forward to your next stay.
Arkansas
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We were picked up at the airport by a courtesy shuttle and taken back the same way. The shuttle runs 20 minutes after every hour I believe. We were welcomed by two friendly staff members upon arrival. My husband is a member of their traveling program and received an upgrade as the literature he receives said he is to be offered if it is available. This was refreshing because it was not even mentioned when we stayed at the Fort location. We stayed in a King Suite on the 7th floor and we both loved it. The room was great and provided for our different sleep habits and TV viewing choices of which I was thankful that I didn't have to watch anymore basketball!!! (March Madness time) There was a nice view out the window watching the airplanes. The room was clean, and had big fluffy towels. The bed was not a sleep number like I have at home, but it was very comfortable and had plenty of pillows without having to ask for more. There was also an extra pillow and blanket in the closet that I used to lay down on the couch and watch TV in the living area I was also appreciative of having a safe and a hair dryer that could be used for styling and not just drying my hair. The only addition I would suggest is a make up mirror with a magnifying side to it.
We also enjoyed the lounge and the restaurant during our stay. The staff in all locations were friendly and helpful. I would recommend to other couples or for business travel.

Room Tip: King Suite on level 7
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thanks for your great comments and I am happy to hear that you LOVED it! I appreciate you taking the time to share some great features of our hotel including the Club Carlson upgrade and complimentary shuttle service. I hope you are making it through the March Madness - and we hope to see you back soon,