“adequate”

Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Prescorr, AZ
“adequate”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hip replacement surgery required my wife getting a hotel near my hospital. This Radisson looked like the best choice. The staff was quite friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious. My trouble was that maintenance seemed to be neglected. Too many places appeared crusty, badly in need of repair or touch up paint. My wife was unhappy that there was no micro-wave or refrigerator. I explained that there was a restaurant on campus and we were expected to eat there. She didn't buy it.

The restaurant was a treat, highly original and creative menu!

Our overall stay was quite pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am sorry to hear that you felt the maintenance needed work and will share those specifics with the team. However, overall I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the creative menu in the RBG Bar & Grill. I hope to see you on your next visit.
Ted Trembath - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. We booked it because it was a park and fly, and were truly blessed.
It was very clean, nicely appointed rooms, free internet, parking, & shuttle to airport. Very friendly staff as well. This is where we will stay anytime we are to fly out of phoenix. We highly recommend this hotel, and we are fairly picky...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I was delighted to read that you recommend our hotel for future travelers. I look forward to returning to see us again when traveling through Phoenix.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I stay at this property any time I have an early flight out of Phoenix and am going to be gone 15 days or less. It's very close to the airport, but away from the noise. The staff is very professional and accommodating. I especially enjoy eating at the bar with a real nice and friendly bar staff. I highly recommend this place.

I've also used this property to park, fly and then stay upon my return. Just need to let them know that's what you're doing, and check in with them to let them know your vehicle details before you fly out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Kenneth M
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our quiet rooms, friendly staff and nice bar. I look forward to your next stay.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've stayed at the airport Radisson twice now for Phoenix Comicon. They have a great convention rate and although it's by the airport the light rail is just a short walk away. The light rail takes about ten minutes to get to the convention center. The rooms at the Radisson are great, especially the beds! I can't remember the last time I slept so well. The food is expensive but that is fairly typical for this kind of hotel. The service, however, is excellent. We wanted to take a few beers up to the room on our last night there. Not only did the bartender suggest a good beer that wasn't on the menu but she put together an ice bucket and bottle opener for us! She could not have been nicer. That's just the thing you want after triple digit Phoenix heat! If I come to the convention next year I'm staying here for sure.

Room Tip: If you are staying here for Phoenix Comicon they have a special rate available through the conventio...
1 Thank SheikYerbouti2014
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thanks for sharing! The hotel had a lot of fun over the Comicon weekend and is already planning some other fun and helpful ideas that we can do to make your stay even better. I appreciate you mentioning excellent service including the bartender and will pass that comment on to the team. We are all excited to welcome back the Comicon conventioneers next year!
Scottsdale
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you are a professional needing to have meetings, training sessions, or individual meetings. The Radisson is 2nd to none with the level of service, flexibility and atmosphere. The staff will go above and beyond to make your stay wonderful. I can't rave enough about the level of service, and friendly staff, and efficiency. Next time in Phoenix, got clients in town, or meetings. Radisson is the place to stay. Hotel is amazing, clean and food is outstanding.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
RadGM, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Wow - thanks for your great feedback regarding your meetings experience at the Radisson Phoenix Chandler. We have over 5,000 square feet of flexible meeting space and thanks for pointing out our biggest strength - our staff. I will pass this on to the team and hope to see you back when you have training or meeting needs in the Phoenix area.
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

While on my first day of vacation back in pa I received a call from our small town hospital in Prescott az that my husband was being airlifted to Phoenix with a torn aorta .I got the quickest flight home and used price line to book my hotel. When I arrived the girl at the front desk took one look at me and knew I was in distress she not only was she kind she upgraded me without hesitation and have me a small suite on the 4th floor right next to the elavator. She didn't have to do anything for me at all... the suite was nice and comfortable and the rest of the staff was awesome. I was in a great deal of angst but the female bartender made me a killer bloody Mary and was just do kind! I will forever come to this hotel as I frequently fly out and into Phoenix... thank you again to the wonderful employees and a caring place to go when I needed it the most

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
First and foremost, we here at the Radisson Phoenix Airport hope and pray your husband is doing fine with his serious health issues. I am pleased that you found the Radisson Phoenix Airport and that the team could do what they do best in any situation – combine their humanity with their employee responsibilities. That is what our “Re-imagined Yes I Can” culture is all about. It was so nice of you to take your valuable time to share this experience with other travelers and we hope to see you back down in the Phoenix Valley on a more fun occasion.
Best Wishes,
Kansas City
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The rooms are nice, the restaurant, lounge and other amenities are good, but what makes this hotel special is their staff! The shuttle driver arrived at the airport only minutes after I called. The front desk staff at both check-in and check-out were friendly, quick and efficient. Our waiter was prompt to wait on us, and had a sense of humor that even made my 18 year old granddaughter laugh! After dinner I stopped by the lounge and was greeted by yet another smiling, friendly face!

I've only stayed here on two occasions, both caused by a flight cancellation so I can't address the location in terms of other activities in Phoenix, only that it's wonderfully close to the airport. On both of those occasions I did notice that their were flight crews checking in, too. I'm guessing that they would be staying someplace else if this didn't meet their expectations in every way.

If I ever stay in Phoenix on purpose this will be the first place I would check for accommodations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
RadGM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at the Radisson Phoenix Airport. I am delighted to read that you will come back because of the friendly staff. Our team members are what set us apart and why so many people return week after week. Hopefully you can come back on a planned trip to Phoenix and enjoy all the hotel amenities and area attractions. See you soon!