“Good choice!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
chicago
“Good choice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Chose this LQ over another after reading the reviews. This one was just fine - suite using points and $30 up grade charge, room was clean, "guest ready", very helpful evening desk clerk, quiet. Breakfast was an upgrade from the usual LQ - included warm biscuits and gravy and bacon, fruit, yogart, waffels, etc. Good location off the expressway, right near a Sonic drive in, pet friendly, nice outdoor swimming pool and hot tub. Definitely a good choice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank chicagotoots
lq0853gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for your review. Its good to know that you enjoyed our Bright Side breakfast. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a week on business. The GM arranged our reservations personally and he got us a good deal. I chose this property based on price and customer reviews on TripAdvisor.
We had stayed at one other La Quinta before so we were a bit wary going in, but this property is well maintained, the housekeeping staff is terrific, the free breakfast area was clean and fresh, and while we seemed to be far from downtown, it didn't take long to get there using the surface streets. The only down side is that the floors and walls are thin and the neighborhood has seen better days. We felt better seeing there was a Holiday Inn and several other mid-level properties nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank wj5656
I was happy to assit you with your stay. Glad we were able to impress you with our property as well as our great staff.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Clean rooms, lobby and breakfast area was hot, lady working in breakfast area was not very friendly or helpful. Had spilled milk on floor and did not bother to wipe it off. I almost slipped and fell. she kept bending over and could see her thong, not very pleasant when you are trying to eat. Restrooms were very dirty. Had to use mens restroom because the womens restroom was unusable.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sf2314
Thank you for your comments regarding our property. We have since made more of an effort in maintaning our public areas. The breakfast attendant has also moved on and is no long with us. We strive to make our property and our service better.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Seems like a new La Quinta- very clean. Some nice personal touches like a pitcher of water with oranges out front, lotion in the bathroom - clean rooms, new sheets and towels. Very dog friendly. Something to note- you will need to travel at least 5 miles for a decent restaurant.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth32655
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

We came down to look at real estate for the weekend and booked the hotel for the location. Close to the airport and highway made it an easy and convenient for travel. The room was clean and comfortable with a microwave and small fridg. We paid $55 a night and I booked it on LaQuinta.com. Breakfast in the morning & fresh homemade cookies in the lobby at night were an added bonus. Can't beat the friendly and helpfull staff. What a great deal!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

I would recommend this hotel if you were on I-10 West and you desperately needed a place to rest for the night. However, I would not stay longer than that. At first glance the outside of the hotel is new, but the location of this hotel is terrible! Once inside there was very little noise pollution, it was some what clean, but the beds were not comfortable. The hotel claims to be 100% smoke free, but it is not. I could still smell a lingering trail, which effects my breathing. It would be nice to stay at a real 100% smoke free hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelRN2010
lq0853gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
We are very sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations. We are a 100% smoke free property. We do our best to discourage this from happening but unfortunately it still does occasionally occur. We charge a $250 penalty to any person or persons who do smoke in our non-smoking rooms. We are also in the process of upgrading our mattress which will be done by the end of 2011.
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

Reception area had pitcher of ice water with orange wedges. Room had soft white linen on the bed with comforator encased. This was the first hotel we ever stayed in where we had no fear of those germy bed spreads bugs. The hotel was quite at night, however convienently located in Pheonix. In the morning, we ate a relaxing and wonderful continental breakfast. They even outfitted a Cabela's waffle making iron for a more elaborate bk. While checking out, I overheard the another receptionist scrambling to help settle in a wiry (spelling) 24 hour traveler. The hotel was most excellently maintained... no chips, no mold, and the decor was modern. After I stepped outside to check out the pool and hot tub, Ii wished we had stayed another night. Next time, we will bring our youngs kids to stay there when we travel. /// If there was one think to recommend, classica-type music playing in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave
BEST WESTERN InnSuites Phoenix Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Phoenix-West
Holiday Inn Phoenix-West
#92 of 173 in Phoenix
Americas Best Value Inn - Downtown Phoenix
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West? Share your experiences!