“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West
Ranked #49 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This hotel is reasonably price, with clean and quiet rooms. The property is centrally located, close to shopping, restaurants and attractions. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank S4S4R1

Reviewed 28 November 2011

We go to alot of La Quintas because we have dogs, but this time, they didn't come along, and we loved our executive king room for three nights. This La Quinta was clean. It appears to have been renovated because it still had some older light switches, but they did a nice job and mirrors some new La Quinta's we have stayed in. They had the white updated bedspreads with lots of feather pillows, which I love. The beds did not appear to have the new softer pillow top mattress, as they were firm, but I slept fine. Breakfast was standard La Quinta fare. They had bacon or sausages, sometimes scrambled eggs. I would rate it in my top 10 La Quintas overall. Service was good, and they remembered our snack and water upon check in as we are Elite members.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2011

My partner and I travel a bit and I read the reviews about this property being as it was the closest one to the U of Phoenix Stadium....We checked in on a saturday and because of the soccer game it was pretty busy, but the girl at the front desk in the evening handled it VERY WELL. She was polite recognized and greeted everyone who came in promptly and she had a very welcoming smile.. Rooms were very clean, property well kept, and staff was amazing. Next time we are phoenix this will be our first choice. Breakfast was out of this world for a "Continental Breakfast". Also they have some delicious Orange infused water. and complimentary cookies were great. The only issue I had was with kids running up and down the hall....But I was able to get past that.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy A
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed here to be close to a community I was facilitating a case study on. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms clean and comfortable and breakfast was provided in the lobby each morning between 6 and 9 am.

Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2011

One of the reasons I had booked this hotel (a brand I usually don't use because I have memberships in other hotel programs) was because I noticed a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on the La Quinta website. Similar to the long-running Hampton Inn policy, La Quinta claims that if you report a problem to the front desk and it's not resolved, "your night's stay is on us!"

At least that's what they say.

On the last night of my stay, a Saturday night, I was awakened by a firestorm of foot stomping, door slamming and running footfalls above my first floor room. Either a bunch of kids were running up and down the hallway, or somehow someone was racing back and forth across the room above me. On about the 50th time in 15 minutes, I called the front desk and reported the issue. The clerk said they'd investigate.

Some 90 minutes (!) later, I was finally able to get back to sleep. The extremely high noise level kept going. And going. And going. Well past 3 AM.

At 6 AM Sunday morning I was up for my activities and dead on my feet. I went to the front desk to complain and conversed with a clerk who apparently hadn't worked the overnight shift. In a curt, completely uncaring way, this person let me know in three clipped sentences that 1) she was sorry, 2) there was no Satisfaction Guarantee and 3) there was no report in "the log" of any noise the night before.

In less than 15 words this single "service provider" wiped out three days of a good stay experience where I was ready to write about the large room size, cleanliness and reasonable breakfast offerings of this hotel...and turned me into a strong advocate to my friends to avoid this hotel and brand completely. There's simply no need in a sea of over 200 options in this area to choose a hotel and brand that cannot get its act together.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel completely; if you must stay, demand the highest floor room so you're not subjec...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank DenverBrian
lq0853gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

I do apologize for your experience out our property. This was a case of poor communication between shifts and I will be personally addressing this issue with each staff member involved as well as training our staff on better handling of similar situations. We do try our best at controlling noise from other guests, unfortunately locating and controlling is not as easy as we might like. I have taken care of your entire stay for we do have 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Again I am very sorry that you were not taken care of at the property level. We will make every effort in make sure similar situations are taken care of with much better service to our guests in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

One of the newer ones and very nice.Outside pool and hot tub.Very clean rooms , pleasant staff and nice breakfast.Would stay again. La Quintas can be hit or miss , but this is certainly worth a visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are good here
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
lq0853gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

When we travel with our dog we always stay at a LaQuinta and not all LaQuinta's are created equal! We have stayed in a few that were absolutely horrible and others that were true gems. This one I would search out. My only complaint is that there wasn't a grassy dog walk area. Not surprising since it's a dessert area, but it would have been nice. Otherwise, we very much enjoyed our overnight there and the great breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MaryAnnandPat

Glad you found us after your long drive. We have added a grassy area on the south side of the building for the convenience of our guests who do bring their pets with them. Thank you for sharing your experience staying with us.