“Excellent Moderately Priced Room”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West
Ranked #51 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Room was very nice and clean. Everything was a little nicer than what we expected. The only two negatives were that this was a busy area, which made it a little difficult to get around in, and the bathroom was dark, we never could get the light over the sink to come on, it was either burned out or we couldn't find the switch. Overall, my wife and I were very pleased with the room and commented that It was probably the nicest moderately priced room we had ever stayed in.

1  Thank wshniwuzfshn

A TripAdvisor Member
Davis, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I loved my stay at this La Quinta Inn & Suites located in Phoenix, Arizona thanks to the wonderful front desk manager Alicia Hinojos! She provided my family and I with excellent service that met and exceeded my expectations. Due to traveling with my pet cat, I decided to utilize this pet-friendly hotel for the first time. I was so pleased that I continued to only stay with La Quinta for the duration of my vacation in Tulare, California. The customer service there did not disappoint either! The general manager Helder Piedade is truly awesome!! I am a La Quinta fan for life. Thank You!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I had to sign a pet agreement for our small dog which prohibited us from leaving our dog unattended. However, there seemed to be no similar policy for leaving small children in the room unattended. We started hearing loud booms from the room above us around 6:00 p.m. We finished a long day of driving and were very tired and wanted to sleep early. The front desk said there was no one in the room when they tried to knock or call. It took 4 calls to convince them there were kids in there left alone. We believed that the kids were jumping on and off the beds. The staff (although not very excited to help us with the problem) were finally able to calm the kids down around 8:30 by sending housekeeping to the room. The parents finally came home around 9:30 and the booms started up again. Another couple of calls to the front desk and we were finally able to get some rest around 11:00 p.m. The booms started again at 6:00 a.m. We were offerered to switch rooms after the first few calls and, had we known how long the booms would continue, we probably should have done that, but we were so tired that all we were thinking about was sleep. We could hear our neighbors next door were having a party and we could hear most of their conversations. However, the next door party noise was nothing compared to the upstairs booming.

It seems the walls and floors are very thin at this hotel. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 1st floor. You hear every step of the people above. Choose a top floor room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OliverCOandFamily
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Blanca cooked the best breakfast I have ever had eating out...bar none. The potatoes were just like they used to taste when my Dad cooked them in the 1940's and '50's.

The desk person brought us up more blankets at night when we asked....so kind, patient and friendly. The morning staff person was wonderfully kind also.
We felt very at home and enjoyed conversations with other very contented guests in the breakfast area. Thank you

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 December 2013

1  Thank Suzyq1038
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Please be advised that the beds in the La Quintas I have stayed in do NOT have their beds set on pedestals. This allows small pets like cats and small dogs to get under the bed and it is then very hard to get them out. I had to actually wrestle the king bed aside before I could scruff my cat to get her out, which led to me hurting my back a little.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2013

During our recent trip to California, my wife and I spent two very pleasant nights at the Phoenix West La Quinta Inn and Suites on West McDowell Road. From our initial "Welcome" by Julie to a final "Goodbye" from Alicia, we greatly enjoyed our two nights at this property and the friendly attitude of the entire staff.

Our room was clean, had two comfortable queen-sized beds and a desk, and included many extras. Most importantly, it provided us with two comfortable nights of sleep. This La Quinta Inn and Suites also has a heated outdoor swimming pool, an exercise room, a business center with computers and a printer, meeting rooms, and a laundry for guests to use.

In the morning, we enjoyed one of the best La Quinta "Bright Side Breakfasts" that I have ever had. It included an unusually wide variety of hot and cold food items as well as a nice selection of "Breakfast Beverages." Food was plentiful and served in a small, but clean breakfast eating area by a friendly and cheerful staff.

Another advantage of this La Quinta Inn and Suites is its location. It is very near to Highway I-10, but away from the noise of a major highway. Also, via McDowell Road, it is a few minutes drive from the Arizona State Capitol Complex, the Heard Museum, and many of the attractions of downtown Phoenix. For travelers seeking "a sweet interlude" during their stay in Phoenix, this La Quinta is within a few minutes of Phoenix's famous Cerreta Candy Company (with candy of all kinds for sale, free samples, and guided tours) on West Glendale Avenue.

For about $70.00 per night, we received a clean room, were provided a delicious breakfast, and had a centrally located base for our explorations of Phoenix's many attractions. When we next return to Phoenix, we will make reservations at this La Quinta Inn and Suites and recommend it to other TripAdvisor Travelers seeking a pleasant stay and moderately priced accomodations.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple