“Great Value, great staff, close to Sky Harbor Airport”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West
Ranked #46 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Louisville, Tennessee
“Great Value, great staff, close to Sky Harbor Airport”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Very nice room, comfortable, excellent staff. Nice breakfast, and the cost was an excellent value. Ten minutes via freeway to Sky Harbor, and for the money, it would be hard to beat this! El Polly Loco, a good Mexican fast food place, is right next door. Small, but good fitness center, too.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Tucson
Reviewed 25 September 2010

I read the "unsafe location" and "pidgeon poo" reviews. Where are these people from, Beverly Hills? Seriously, I was skeptical after reading the reviews before staying here but it was just four miles from the event we went up there to see so it seemed like the logical choice. We were very pleasantly surprised. The location was great. Yes, its in a kind of industrial area but it is right next to the freeway. There are a few little shopping stores and fast food in the immediate area and if you are looking for a place to spend $100 on a steak, there are those in the area too, you just have to travel a few miles. The hotel was great. Nice and clean, pool was warm and clean and the staff were friendly. Great amenities in the room, mini-fridge, microwave, t.v., coffee maker, etc and the beds were very comfy. My only complaint would be this, that even though it is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel, our room had the faint smell of smoke. Obviously some loser couldnt step outside to smoke and smelled up the room. It wasnt intolerable, just kind of a bummer. Slept well too. It was a weeknight we stayed so we didnt get the constant all night slamming of doors that you usually get at hotels. For $80., it is a great deal and we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed 16 July 2010

When I fell in a pothole beside the sidewalk (no lights in this area!) and thought my arm was broken, the manager asked me sarcastically, "What do you want me to do about it?". As I stood there bleeding profusely from my right arm and leg, his attitude was completely uncaring. As a mother traveling alone with my little boy, who witnessed my accident and was terrified, I was beyond shocked at the complete lack of human compassion and caring. The hotel clerk offered me a band-aid - really?? - with a wound the size of a baseball dripping blood and my elbow swollen so bad I couldn't move it? Being out of state and alone with a young son, I had no idea at 10:00pm where to go for urgent care. Not only did the staff not offer to help in any way, they had no idea where to go for care. Their only suggestion was to call an ambulance, which was ridiculous as my injuries were not life threatening. The manager refused to take any responsibility for the pothole and lack of lighting (the sidewalk was right beside the building just outside the exit door from our room leading to their parking lot). He did not even place a sign near the pothole to warn other guests. When I asked him to comp the room for the night since I got no sleep due to my injuries and the hotel being at fault, he refused and gave me the number for La Quinta's legal dept. Apparently, this company would rather be sued than provide a safe environment and compassionate staff for their guests - yes, that is exactly what I was told by the legal dept when I telephoned them. When I explained I only wanted the refund of the one night stay, they said, "That is not our policy. You must file a legal claim". Being injured was bad enough, why not just be kind and caring to your guests?

3 Thank blanclila
lq0853gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West, responded to this review, 9 September 2010
We are very sorry for the incident that you experienced while staying with us. We were very concerned about your discomfort and safety, but obviously we didn’t respond in the manor you would have liked. Unfortunately, we do not have extensive first aid resources. That’s why we offered and tried to provide you with plenty of options, including Band-Aids for the scrape on your leg and some ice for the bruise on your arm. We also provided you with several, close by urgent care facilities, as well as a close hospital. The next morning, when you had not taken advantage of these options and were wanting compensation, we, as is our policy gave you the contact info of our insurance company. We apologize we came across as uncaring, as we offered you what we had available to us.
Once again, please accept my heartfelt apologies and I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust.
Cincinnati
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Stayed in March 2010 while attending Spring Training games for the Cincinnati Reds who were playing in Goodyear which was about 15 minutes away. The hotel is in the City of Phoenix next to I-10. The area of town was not the best, but the price of the hotel reflected that. There are nicer hotels, but you will pay much more per night. WIFI connection was poor.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2010

The hotel was nothing special - I'm not sure why the glowing reviews - I have stayed at MUCH nicer La Quintas in many states.
We had a significant problem during our stay last week. We checked in around 4:30 pm and were offered a room on the ground floor - we declined that because I found the surrounding area a bit questionable. Across from the parking lot we saw people moving along with their shopping carts of worldly possessions and the bold sign of the "We Buy Gold" store. We were given a room on the third floor (good so far). When we got to the room and opened the curtain it was practically impossible to see out window due to the pigeon poo that COVERED the window. I don't mean those annoying splats you get on your car... we're talking major spray and/or pigeon blowout here. Also, along the railing outside the window was a layer of poo about an inch deep. There is NO way that housekeeping would not have noticed the window problem and reported it to management. I went to the front desk to tell them about the disgusting window. The response was to the effect that "We have a pigeon problem" and "You can stay there or take the room on the ground floor." Apparently there were NO other rooms at 4:30 in the afternoon available at the hotel. Hard to believe that EVERYONE had checked in by then since the parking lot was mostly empty. I was told that specific rooms were held for "elite" level customers (I guess we're only "gold" level). Interestingly enough the breakfast room only had about 6 other people the next morning (at a time when most hotels are usually 5 people deep just waiting for the waffle maker) and the parking lot was still not full. I asked to speak with a manger, but was told none was there (at 4:30 pm) and when I asked again the next morning (around 8:30) was told again there was no manager on site. We paid over $100 for the night. The woman at the desk that morning did give us a $10 discount - gee thanks. (Oh, and I won't go into the mysterious brown smudge that I had to wipe off of the thermostat - I'm going to keep telling myself it wasn't anything organic)

1 Thank BethInHouston
WOW! You certainly got my attention. I do apologize for the condition and lack of service that you experienced at our property. Obviously we do have had a big pigeon problem, but that is no excuse for what you experienced. I am sorry that you were unable to reach me. March is the busiest month of the year for us and we were caught off guard.
As I said, you got my attention and I have taken steps to remedy the pigeon problem, within the limits of the law, of course and I have also pledged to make myself more available and my staff more sensitive and responsive to the needs of our guests. Please give us another chance to let us show you our improved customer service and our improved property. We thank you for your honest feedback.
Sidney, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Stayed 3 nights - the staff and rooms were great. The only thing lacking is a good restaurant close by.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I was there the last day 1/31/10. My breakfast was very nice, the lady pleased all her customers. The front desk girl was also nice. The place was so clean and beautiful. I will be back and tell others about this well hidden gem in the Valley of Phoenix, Arizona.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business