“Wonderful Valentine's dinner”

White Chocolate Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
White Chocolate Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 3,054 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd. & Mayo Blvd.
Transit: There is a Valley Metro stop at the corner of Scottsdale Rd and Mayo Blvd where the restaurant is located.
Description: If your preferred reservation time is not available online, please make use of our call ahead seating program as we may still be able to accommodate your originally requested time. The White Chocolate Grill offers an expansive menu of classic American fare; made from scratch using only the highest quality ingredients. A selection of house-made white chocolate and other desserts complement this offering and are proudly served in a unique team-service format assuring friendliness and efficiency. The restaurant is designed with rich wood and real stone which creates an upscale, Frank Lloyd Wright inspired atmosphere. From the leather booth seating, soft lighting and spectacular bar, every element of the design evokes a classic yet sophisticated setting. Please join us for Happy Hour Monday-Friday from 2pm-7pm & Saturday-Sunday from 2pm-5pm. Children's & Gluten Free menus available.
Savannah, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Valentine's dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2007

My husband and I celebrated a belated Valentine's Day on Friday the 16th at the White Chocolate Grill. He was in Phoenix on business and had invited me to join him for the weekend. The restaurant had been recommended to him by his boss, who lives in Phoenix. The restaurant doesn't take reservations, but they do have a call-ahead wait list. When we called at 6:30, we were told there was an hour and 20 minute wait. We arrived at 7:10 and were escorted to our booth by 7:40. The atmosphere was very nice and the lighted bottle display at the bar was quite unique. When the hostess seated us, there were white linen napkins on the table. She said she would be right back with black napkins. When she returned, she confirmed my guess -- my husband and I both had on dark slacks and she didn't want us to be covered with white fuzz. Kudos!! We told our server, Mike, that we were celebrating Valentine's, so he suggested a cocktail that had been a special on the 14th, the Valentini. Yummy. I ordered the fish special, a grilled mahi, and my husband got the blue cheese crusted filet mignon. Both were very good. When I told Mike that I had heard the Israeli Cous Cous was good, he offered to bring us a sample. When it arrived, it was definitely more than just a sample. And naturally, at a place called the White Chocolate Grill, we weren't going to leave without dessert. I got the White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie. Wow! It was a mini pie (not so little) with a great banana filling and a wonderful crust. It was so large I enjoyed the second half the next day. My husband got a bread pudding which was also delicious. The desserts weren't inexpensive, $7 each, but Mike knew it was a special night for us and told us they were on him! What a great ending to a great evening. If I ever get back to Phoenix, I hope Mike is still at the White Chocolate Grill.

1 Thank Savannah_Joan

New Mexico mountains
“The hot spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2007

My husband and I had to wait 45 minutes for a table on a Sunday night at 6:30 pm, but with a drink in hand from the fancy bar, and a soft seat on the sofa on the front porch surrounded by the pink sunset and the fire in the fireplace, the wait went by pleasantly enough. The service was friendly and efficient, with a waitress and a food server. My fish was grilled to perfection with a subtle sauce. My husband's steak was delicious. The wine recommended by the waitress was excellent and reasonably priced by the glass. We both loved the food and the ambiance. Our only complaint was the high noise level, from the choice of beautiful wood and stone decor, but no accoustical muffling, and also the lively crowd enjoying themselves.