“Not your typical BBQ place...much more and better!”
Review of Bobby Q

Bobby Q
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 3,153 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North Mountain
Cross street: 1-17 between Dunlap & Northern
Description: The creator of Bobby McGee’s brings you Bobby Q. With Meats smoked up to 20 hours, to our in house, hand-cut steaks, you'll have no problem finding a meal to appeal to your appetite!! Reservations are taken for the dining room only.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

To begin with the greeting staff person was terrifically friendly and welcoming, and the server, Chelsea, was even better!

The terrific hot cornbread and fresh brewed iced tea were excellent starters.

We decided to share a wedge salad...glad we shared because it was quite large. Very tasty!

We each had a baked potato which came with our choice of meats and sides. We decided to try the brisket and pulled pork along with the fresh corn and their ranch beans. The potatoes were hot and fresh. The corn was delicious, the pulled pork was the best I have had since attending a whole hog picking feast in NC years ago. The beans were a tad on the sweet side for our taste, and the brisket was a bit too fatty. However, overall the food was certainly good enough to entice us to visit again. Next time we will sample the chicken and baby back ribs.

1  Thank Arizonafoodguy
Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Appreciate the comments! Thanks for visiting and leaving a review. Glad most of your dishes were tasty--please let me know what you think of the chicken and ribs on your next visit. Thanks again!

Cheers,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Really fun location and a bit on the loud side. It is not your typical BBQ pit. The menu is large with a great selection of steaks, chops, salads and smoked meat offerings. The brisket was juicy and tender. It was served chunk style. If you like Mac n cheese, then do not miss it here. It is creamy goodness. The beans on the other hand were, well, bizarrely flavored for my taste. I really can't put a flavor on them other than a lot of vinegar. The cornbread is delicious. They give you a small bag of homemade donuts when you leave....like you anywhere to put them. It was a lot of food.

The service was attentive and timely. You can judge a place on how they react when things don't go right. A server spelled a bowl of something on the floor but mostly on my co-worker. Luckily it was on his boots. They immediately rushed a couple of people to help clean. They gave us some coupons for a future visit. We explained that we were travelers and they took it off this bill. Well done and handled with care.

Good place and good food.

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Glad you were a fan! We're proud of our mac n cheese here (in addition to our meats, of course), so I'm really happy you enjoyed. I do want to apologize for spilling on your co-worker's boots, but I'll share your compliments with the team. Hope to see you again if you're ever back in town!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My boyfriend and I found Bobby Q's on a whim and were So glad we stopped! The service was the best we've ever had, the drinks were amazing and the food was out of this world! We will definately be going back!

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

We're glad you stopped too, Katie! Thanks for the kind words, and hope to see you on your next visit to AZ.

Cheers,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stopped in Phoenix on our way to the airport. I had found the restaurant on Trip Advisor and thought that the reviews warranted a stop for lunch. The food and service was great! The portions were so large that we took leftovers on the plane for our evening meal. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thanks so much, Katie! I'm glad you had the chance to stop by as you were leaving town. Hopefully we sent you home with a satisfied appetite! Next time you all are in the area, I hope we'll be able to host you again!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

A little out of the way and difficult to get to, a GPS is a great tool to direct you to Bobby Q. It's well worth it, everything is amazing. We were looking for some BBQ in the Phoenix area on our recent trip, TripAdvisor reviews led us here. Our server Jason was very courteous and made some great recommendations. Thanks Jason!
The Q-Rolls are beef brisket in a light pastry crust served with a great chipotle dip and their own BBQ sauce. For entrees, I had the pulled pork sandwich. My girlfriend had a Jumbo BBQ Potato with Chicken and all loaded with Bacon, sour cream, chives, etc. It's a quite the meal!
They sell their own BBQ sauce in the restaurant. We purchased a bottle and put it on the plane with us.
I highly recommend Bobby Q's in the Phoenix area. We look forward to going back on future trips.

Mark H, Manager at Bobby Q, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thanks for the high praise, ERIC_OSH_WI! I'm really glad that you enjoyed everything during your recent visit. It sounds like Jason took great care of you, and I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to him. Next time you're in the are, be sure to stop by and say hello!