“Good location - great pool”

Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Ranked #65 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Hamilton
“Good location - great pool”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed here as a family for just the one night on and had two rooms across the corridor from each other. The hotel seems quite new and has a huge pool and a spa. Dinner was ordered via the bar and the food arrived in quick time. We left too early for breakfast. The only down side was that when we arrived there was no-one on reception and we had to wait 10 minutes to check in. Our flight left at 8 am and we thought we would have plenty of time if we left the hotel at 5:30 am. However, traffic on the freeway was very heavy and it took much longer than we expected to cover the 23 miles to the rental car center to drop off the car. The rental car centre is about 5 miles from the airport and you need a to catch a shuttle bus so allow extra time for this. We only just made it in time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and the pool is beautiful. The rooms are nicely decorated and have a mini fridge. It would have been nice to have a microwave. It is in a great location close to eateries and shopping

• Stayed September 2013
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a road trip from Washington state to Phoenix. Room was clean enough however, it was not the one I had reserved. Put me in a king instead of a double queen. The air conditioner/fan was an all or nothing situation and when off the room was sweltering, when on frigid. The fan blew directly on the bed and could not be controlled on the unit. The place was very noisy. I was surrounded on all sides by a boys high school baseball team. They were up yelling til late and woke up at 6 am and continued with the running of halls, door slamming, etc. the mini fridge made a horrendous noise and I had to unplug it to get to sleep. The alarm click went off by itself at midnight. Went down for breakfast, appeared to be a buffet-not. Got the luxury of paying $12 for a couple pieces of bacon and fake eggs. Absolutely not worth the money. Huge disappointment.

• Stayed September 2013
Laura M, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Please accept my sincere apology for the experience you had at the Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix West Avondale. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and I am sorry we fell
short during your stay. We would like to invite you to come stay with us again in the
future.
Thank you so much for your business.
Laura McCarter
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed 28 June 2013

There is one feature that I am very unforgiving about with hotels these days. If they can't maintain reliable, decent speed Internet, it's a huge problem. And this hotel cannot even maintain reliable, slow Internet. In my three days at the hotel I was able to connect twice. My colleagues had the same issue, but according to the front desk everything was working fine. This is a major problem for a business hotel and difficult to get over.

Aside from that, the rooms are well appointed, comfortable, and clean. The lobby is very nice and the breakfast was well done for a reasonable price.

One minor annoyance is that the TV is a HUGE pain to use. The remote doesn't work most of the time and when it does the response from the TV is painfully slow. While not as big a pain as the Internet, this is also something that should not be this way.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Laura M, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you so much for your comment, we value your feedback as it gives us an opportunity for improvement. I sincerely apologize for the internet and TV issues you experinced during your stay, it is our goal to exceed your expectations and I am sorry that we fell short during your visit with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future for a better experience.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I have experience a lot of Marriott's in Arizona and this one was the best I enjoyed the view the comfort of the room and would recommend all co workers and family here I will be back . I really enjoyed my sleep. I enjoyed the stay cause the tissue that arise at other hotels went very well here I really enjoyed the sleep and the theapy for all combat veterans. I thank you for this great service

Room Tip: room face the south side over lookin pool and spa and he lights out in the lighted courtyard such pe...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mb
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Me and my husband loved this hotel. Very clean, staff our super friendly. Hotel was in a great location for us. The pool is open late which is nice after coming in for the evening. The breakfast looked amazing. Bartender is super nice if you need advice on anything local. Overall a fabulous place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Laura M, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your comments about your recent stay at our Hotel.
It is our goal to exceed our Guests expectations and we are so glad you had an
enjoyable visit at our Hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the
future.
Laura McCarter
623-293-9566
lmccarter@ncghotels.com
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed here in both April and May for work. The location is great as it is very close to the interstate and less than 30 minutes from the airport. There is little noise from the road. The rooms are clean and comfortable. During one trip my room was next to the elevator but you did not hear it. The work out room is ok and available 24/7. What makes this hotel worth the stay is the customer service they provide. It is absolutely the best I have received in all my travels. From Christina who is in charge of housekeeping, to the cooks in the morning and at night, this place does whatever necessary to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. Sha Hy-La works at the front desk and is who I normally see during the day. She has made me feel at home ever since my first visit in April. She is fantastic to work with both at the desk and over the phone. Joellyn is the Assistant General Manager at this facility. She is outstanding. Joellyn not only speaks with the guests to see how their stay is going, but she helps with breakfast, helps at the front desk and even at the bar. She "gets it" in terms of what we want as customers staying away from home. This hotel has a hot breakfast (cook to order eggs). Maria is the server and is always there with a smile and a greeting. Michael and Nathan are the cooks in the morning and have been willing to cook up whatever one asks for. There is a limited dinner menu as well. Once in a while the cooks will prepares something off menu (steak, salmon) for dinner. There is even a small bar off the lobby which is frequented by the hotel guests every night. Jason and Leah are the bartenders and the conversations are always entertaining. I will be there a few more times over the next few months and as tough as it is being away from home, this Courtyard makes it a little easier. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem less noisy. Elevators make very little noise if you are near them.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Best Western Tolleson Hotel
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear

Been to Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale? Share your experiences!