“Quick Stay”

Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Ranked #77 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Lets start with the internet - it was free Wi-Fi. I checked in at 10pm and left the hotel at 5am the next day so I didn't even use it but I was excited about it since in Vegas I had very little connection time due to Wi-Fi coming at a cost wherever a person went even the business centers of the hotels I stayed in there. The parking was easily accessible and free in this Marriot. Like the majority of other courtyards they lacked a proper fitness center but it was adequate to get something done. The hotel had an awkward entrance and we almost missed the hotels existence driving at 10pm (maybe I was just tired I don't know). The hotel was clean and offered a business center I used as well for printing directions and looking up local food places. The check in was quick and so was the check out. The room was quite spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shahid B

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My overall experience was average. The hotel was clean, and it was located in a great location for me. The service is less than stellar, and any issues are not addressed in a timely manner. I will probably try to find another hotel the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Ivonne C, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Kim,
First off I want to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize for your average experience at our property that is definitely not our goal. We want our guests to have their expectations exceeded and we fell short of that. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Ivonne Caldwell-Saar
Assistant General Manager
623-271-7660

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Was out there Jan 13-18, 2013. The hotel is in a great location with easy access to the main highways (I10 &101 loop). Not spectacular, but not bad for a Courtyard. The breakfast buffet in the morning was terrific - Maria takes great care of all the guests and there's plenty of great food, including eggs and omelets to order. I will stay there on the next trip out to the Phoneix area.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel may be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Out here on business and found this hotel to be clean and comfortable. Not spectacular, but not bad for a Courtyard. The breakfast buffet in the morning was terrific - Maria takes great care of all the guests and there's plenty of great food, including eggs and omelets to order. However, I would look elsewhere for lunch or dinner - the lobby bar offerings are very limited.
Fitness center was fine - never had to wait for a machine and could make do with the weights and mats to get some "travel fitness" in after work.
Wake up calls were always on time and the desk staff was very friendly.
If you stay, ask for a room facing out the front of the hotel. Extremely quiet and no noise issues whatsoever - had some of the best nights' sleeps there!
Decent stay - no problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front/parking lot. Very quiet with none of the bothersome highway noise...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Having stayed in various courtyards over the years, and this is definitely one of the better ones. The room is big, the deco is nice, the bed is comfortable. As a Marriott platinum member, I normally avoid CYs because they don't offer complimentary breakfast. But being a first timer at this location, I was offered a free item from the market which is a nice gesture.

It's a one-night stop-over on our way home from Grand Canyon. So didn't try any of their facilities.

would come back again, if I'm visiting the area.

Room Tip: facing the other side of the freeway
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stay in Marriott Hotels 70+ nights a year, so I'm typically a fan. This one was a poor experience. The West side of the hotel is too close to the Interstate and road noise is an issue. More disappointing, was the lack of service I experienced when I realized the coffee maker in my room was missing a part. Called the front desk and the girl was ambivalent and seemed troubled to have to deal with it. Said maybe she could find someone to fix in but it would be a while. All that was needed was to bring one from the empty room next door.
Disappointing experience all the way around.

• Stayed: December 2013
Ivonne C, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

First, I would like to personally apologize for your poor experience with us. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond for our guests and the front desk associate you dealt with obviously fell short of that. I can assure you that we take our comments very seriously and will take every step to ensure that this does not occur again and that our staff learns from this example. I greatly appreciate your feedback and would love the opportunity to further discuss this with you at your convenience. Please feel free to contact me personally at 623-271-7660.
Ivonne Caldwell-Saar
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Had to go to PHX for training and the hotel was the best part of the trip. I actually wouldn't mind going to training more often as long as the hotels we are assigned to stay at are of this caliber. Rooms were nice, well equipped, comfy beds, helpful and pleasant staff, good food and easily accessed from I10 and the 101.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Best Western Tolleson Hotel
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Home2 Suites by Hilton Glendale Westgate
Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale

Been to Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale? Share your experiences!