“brand new and very clean”

Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Ranked #75 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 29 January 2010

The hotel is brand new, room is very clean, business center in the lobby is convenient, and guest laundry room is spotless. The front desk lady Tanya is so friendly to help me switch the room type and give me a free travel sewing kit. They have a complete local restaurants list which is very nice. The free snack in the lobby every evening is the best!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ylee629

Reviewed 10 January 2010

This hotel was such a joy to stay at. The front desk people are nice and welcoming. The rooms are modern, comfortable, and clean. It was like staying in a mini apartment. The only thing I could say is that the refrigerator generator was a little loud but I didn't even notice until my husband pointed it out! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2009

The rooms are a good size and are kept very clean. It is in a very convient location close to many stores. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2009

The rooms are large and clean. The proximity to several baseball spring training camps is a plus.

Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Nice, clean, good location, roomy and in a safe area. Right off I-10. The rooms were quiet and the beds were good and comfortable. You have to pay a fee for breakfast and/or dinner, however, we were not able to partake in either one. This was a one night stop and it met all of our requirements.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank bartschmid
Reviewed 18 March 2009

Picked this hotel out of a lineup of potential hotels when I booked a package with Southwest Airlines. I took the family to AZ for spring training. It was a short drive to the Brewers and White Sox/Dodgers facilities. I am not really sure of the price, as it was in the package, but based on comparable hotels, it was probably pretty good.

Room was nice, but a little on the smallish size I thought. I had a King, and I could tell by the layout of the exterior, my room was a couple feet shorter than other rooms. I did have a loveseat/hideaway bed, which was nice to have.

Free wireless internet, which was nice. I hate having to pay for that. The breakfast is NOT free. They have cook to order and continental, but even the con. is 6 bucks. A little pricey for what it was I thought.

If you see a picture of the pool on their website--it looks big, and it is. Much larger than a typical hotel pool. Hardly anybody was ever in it. The hotel obviously caters to the business traveler, who probably isn't a big swimmer. My kids loved it, and the hot tub was nice and big too.

Staff was very friendly. Never really used them that much, but always hellos when going by the front desk, and if I did ask anything, they were always nice-no surly attitudes. Had a better than average fitness center too.

It was close to the freeways, easy to get to, and had a couple shopping centers close if you needed to pick anything up.

I would recommend, my only surprise was the charge for breakfast, which seemed a little on the high side for what it was. Otherwise a pleasant, clean, safe, convenient place.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Herdcyclone
Reviewed 9 December 2008

I was on business last week for calls out in the West Phoenix area, and chose this hotel for the rate and for the overall ranking from users on this site. First off, the hotel is on the west end of town, but for my purposes this was great. Close to a mall and other resturants if that is something you need. The staff was fine, I only interacted with them when I walked in to check in and everyday when I walked in and out of the hotel. I worked out in their gym and it is superior to many of the hotels that I have been in in the past, for a courtyard or similar style hotel. Had several treadmills, and other machines, and a nice area for free weights.

My favorite thing about this hotel was the bar and food they served for dinner. I was on business and normally when I'm by myself I'm not a big fan of going to restaurants to eat by myself so I'll typically just grab something and take it back to my room. This hotel was great, friendly bar tender and the food was fine. Yeah it's not going to get rave reviews, but it served its purpose. I didn't have to drive anywhere to have a drink and get some good comfort food.

The rooms were fine. I had a stand up shower in my room, which I"m a big fan of instead of the tub. Bed was top notch.

Overall, again rating this with similar hotels in the same class, I would rate this one way at the top!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank AGRandy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Best Western Tolleson Hotel
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear
Home2 Suites by Hilton Glendale Westgate
Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale

Been to Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale? Share your experiences!