I decided to go to the Phoenix area for two Chicago White Sox Spring Training games.
I had never been to Phoenix before and I was a bit hesitant about booking a hotel based on just research alone. I also do not know anyone out there , so I could not ask any friends or family members questions.
I did do extensive research on a few travel sites and after 5 hours I finally booked this hotel. The price was affordable (other hotels in the area were over 200 bucks a night ) and it stated that this hotel was close to the ballpark.
I was very happy when I first walked in. The front desk lady was very nice and the hotel lobby looked beautiful. I was even happier when I walked into my room overlooking the pool area. It was beautifully decorated and very cozy. There was a fridge in my room and also a couch.
The next morning I checked out the pool and the workout area. BOTH were lovely and clean. I used both areas with a smile !!!!!! When I came back from the ballpark after my first game, the front desk had cookies available to guests and there also was a cocktail hour (which lasted from 6-10 I believe ). The next morning I had the breakfast buffet and it was yummy. The following evening I had dinner in the bar area and it was very good. I was able to use the computers in the lobby/business area. This was extremely helpful when I needed to print out my boarding pass for Southwest airlines. The best thing was that use of the computers and the printer was FREE !!
The hotel was indeed very close to the ballpark and there was shopping nearby. There also was an In-n-out a few miles away !! I love their fries and burgers ... such a treat for a midwesterner !! It was also very close to the major freeways !! I give kudos to the management here.
The place was extremely clean . The pool water was perfect. It had the proper amount of chlorine in it as it didn't smell too bad , nor make you feel that there was not enough in it. The hotel employees were also very FRIENDLY. If I had a question , it was promptly answered. I FELT so welcome HERE !!!!
If I ever make a trip out to Phoenix again , I would LOVE to stay here again !!!
I highly suggest this hotel to a person visiting this area !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix West/Avondale is located in Phoenix, Arizona, just minutes from Westgate City Center, home of the Fiesta Bowl, Ak- Chin Pavilion, and University of Phoenix Stadium. We are also convenient to Phoenix International Raceway, Cabela's, and downtown Phoenix. Enjoy complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel, a delicious breakfast at the Courtyard Cafe, enjoy a beverage, appetizer, sandwich or salad in our lounge area, or grab a snack at the 24-hour Market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Phoenix West/Avondale Hotel Phoenix
- Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale Arizona
- Phoenix Courtyard
- Phoenix Marriott