“Exceptional Hotel and mini-vaykay !!”

Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale
Ranked #76 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 2 April 2010

I decided to go to the Phoenix area for two Chicago White Sox Spring Training games.
I had never been to Phoenix before and I was a bit hesitant about booking a hotel based on just research alone. I also do not know anyone out there , so I could not ask any friends or family members questions.
I did do extensive research on a few travel sites and after 5 hours I finally booked this hotel. The price was affordable (other hotels in the area were over 200 bucks a night ) and it stated that this hotel was close to the ballpark.

I was very happy when I first walked in. The front desk lady was very nice and the hotel lobby looked beautiful. I was even happier when I walked into my room overlooking the pool area. It was beautifully decorated and very cozy. There was a fridge in my room and also a couch.

The next morning I checked out the pool and the workout area. BOTH were lovely and clean. I used both areas with a smile !!!!!! When I came back from the ballpark after my first game, the front desk had cookies available to guests and there also was a cocktail hour (which lasted from 6-10 I believe ). The next morning I had the breakfast buffet and it was yummy. The following evening I had dinner in the bar area and it was very good. I was able to use the computers in the lobby/business area. This was extremely helpful when I needed to print out my boarding pass for Southwest airlines. The best thing was that use of the computers and the printer was FREE !!

The hotel was indeed very close to the ballpark and there was shopping nearby. There also was an In-n-out a few miles away !! I love their fries and burgers ... such a treat for a midwesterner !! It was also very close to the major freeways !! I give kudos to the management here.
The place was extremely clean . The pool water was perfect. It had the proper amount of chlorine in it as it didn't smell too bad , nor make you feel that there was not enough in it. The hotel employees were also very FRIENDLY. If I had a question , it was promptly answered. I FELT so welcome HERE !!!!

If I ever make a trip out to Phoenix again , I would LOVE to stay here again !!!
I highly suggest this hotel to a person visiting this area !!!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ChitownBex

Reviewed 23 March 2010

The entire staff was great! Everyone did all they could to help make my stay a great experience. I'd stay at this hotel again, definitely!

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 29 January 2010

The hotel is brand new, room is very clean, business center in the lobby is convenient, and guest laundry room is spotless. The front desk lady Tanya is so friendly to help me switch the room type and give me a free travel sewing kit. They have a complete local restaurants list which is very nice. The free snack in the lobby every evening is the best!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ylee629
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This hotel was such a joy to stay at. The front desk people are nice and welcoming. The rooms are modern, comfortable, and clean. It was like staying in a mini apartment. The only thing I could say is that the refrigerator generator was a little loud but I didn't even notice until my husband pointed it out! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2009

The rooms are a good size and are kept very clean. It is in a very convient location close to many stores. The staff was very friendly and helpful with directions.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2009

The rooms are large and clean. The proximity to several baseball spring training camps is a plus.

Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Nice, clean, good location, roomy and in a safe area. Right off I-10. The rooms were quiet and the beds were good and comfortable. You have to pay a fee for breakfast and/or dinner, however, we were not able to partake in either one. This was a one night stop and it met all of our requirements.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank bartschmid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Best Western Tolleson Hotel
Homewood Suites Phoenix-Avondale
3 mi away
Comfort Suites Univ. of Phoenix Stadium Area
Staybridge Suites Phoenix/Glendale
Home2 Suites by Hilton Glendale Westgate

Been to Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale? Share your experiences!