“would definitley come back!”

Best Western InnSuites Phoenix Hotel & Suites
Ranked #40 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
GreenLeadersSilver level
colorado
“would definitley come back!”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Frustration turned to satisfaction! Upon arriving at hotel I was told that my family suite had been given away because of overbooking. They had nothing else available. But they offered us a second room for no charge. I asked if it was an adjoining room and they said there were none in the hotel. I explained I was traveling with kids and wasn't comfortable leaving my kids in a room even though it was next door. Because of the hour there was nothng that could be done. It was very frustrating when I had a confirmation number and everything. I ended up bunking with the girls and my husband bunked with our son. in the light of day I realized that it really wasn't such a bad deal. The rooms were clean, with 2 cloud 9, pillowtop queens. microwave,fridge, free wi - fi, etc. The free breakfast was right next door and very good selection. The front desk carried laundry soap and all kinds of sundries for a very nominal fee. The pool and laundry were literally right outside our door. Very convenient. The best part was, that morning the manager called and said that we were getting an additional discount to make up for the mistake. So we got 4 beds, two bathrooms for 60 bucks a night. My whole bill was only $400 for a whole week....with tax!!!! That was a two hundred dollar discount and we got twice the space. I would definitley recommend this hotel. They keep it clean and there were staff everywhere doing maientnence. Pool area is nice with music and palm trees. very clean. Great for families. check it out!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Went to Phoenix for a business trip in the middle of the summer. The temperature was triple digits and scorching hot! Check-in was fast and easy and it was relaxing to walk into a cool, air-conditioned room. The Cloud 9 Bed bed that they have is heavenly! There is even an option of buying the same type of bed and have it shipped to you! The in room fridge is a little small, but overall, a very nice, well-kept room. The breakfast is top notch! The breakfast room is roomy with two large HDTV above the breakfast bar area. A great selection of food as well: eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, etc. You could definitely have a hearty breakfast before you start your day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Phoenix!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank sfgiant25
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 April 2011

When you come to beautiful Phoenix Arizona and are looking for a nice place to stay that will provide you with a great nights sleep, great service and lovely location all without breaking the bank...then this is the place for you!

After sleeping one night at another property in Phoenix that was a horrible experience I vowed that I would find another hotel that would be to my satisfaction; trust me when I tell you that my expectations of a Best Western stay were far surpassed at the Northern Avenue property. It was easy to find, the front desk personnel were very pleasant and actually glad to have you as a guest! The small suite they put me in was on the second floor away from Northern Avenue traffice and had a refreshing view of the Squaw Peak mountain with an elevation of 2608 feet, which by the way CAN be climbed if you are in for a good hike.

If you cannot climb the stairs then stay on the first floor as there is not an elevator, but even tired from lack of sleep the night before I managed a small suitcase, laptop bag and my "jumbo sized" travel purse just fine. As I approached the door of the suite and inserted the key and fippedvon the light I knew I had discovered an economic jewel! The outer sitting area had a nice desk with a halogen lamp for plug in laptops...you heard me a halogen lightbulb! But those of you who are modern techies with WI-FI you just need to sit down on the sofa/sleeper and log in. Unlike the other property who advertised free high speed internet, but could not deliver a connection lasting more than a few minutes, the Best Western delivered true high speed internet and it was consistent the 3 days I stayed! There was also a nice flat screen TV mounted on the wall above the desk AND another one in the bedroom on the wall across from the bed...who would have imagined that somebody actually thought about WHERE a guest would watch tv. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave.

The bathroom had a clean shower with good water pressure and hot water throughout my shower and yes, being a girl I like my shower in the morning so it was not a quick one! They give you a nice supply of linens and will change them daily if you wish. The vanity top was a lovely granite and the sink did not back up with water like a lot of them do when you brush your teeth! The sink had nice lighting for make up application or shaving for the gentlemen.

The bedroom had the most comfortable mattress and very feather soft pillows as well as a set of firmer ones, so they thought about keeping every guest comfortable. There was a very thoughtful lap tray if you need to sit in bed and work on any writing or computing. There was also a whirlpool tub and though I did not take a soak...let me say that this would have been the first whirlpool that I actually considered getting into! I was impressed with how clean the housekeeping staff kept everything.

They also thought of all the little things you might need like a bottle of water AT NO CHARGE, mints in the bedroom and on the refrigerator to welcome you and get this...their . board cover was clean! The place I stayed prior to coming to the Best Western had an ironing board cover that I had to put a towel on before I could press my skirt for a business meeting the next day.

As far as the property goes - I got to park right outside my room which was convenient. The lobby has a business center with computers and printers and I know they also have some other equipment such as a copier and fax machine. There is a nice pool area with lounge chairs, and in addition to the pool there is a spa pool. By the pool there is an area of vending machines, coin operated washers and dryers and an ice machine.

As far as breakfast..well, yes it was called continental, but I found it to be exception, not because it was INCLUDED, but because it was good. They had 2 kinds of juices, Starbucks coffee, cereal, toast, yogart, 3 hot dishes including scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage and hash browns. Hold onto your hat because after all that for a "continental" breakfast they also had 2 waffle makers so you could cook your own fresh, hot waffle and they even thought about those of us watching our diets because they offered regular and sugar-free syrup!

I would highly recommend this property and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank scardicat
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Stayed three nights, travelling with two young children. We expected this to be the best place we stayed on our trip and were not disappointed. Slightly faded 80's style, but with gigantic two room suites - we were able to watch TV, update diaries, check emails etc in the lovely sitting room while our children slept in the adjacent bedroom. Luxe decor, two bathrooms (tiny and claustrophobia inducing), serviceable kitchenette if you want it. Beds divinely comfortable - best sleep all holiday. Also a large and well priced laundry, gorgeous pool, great free drinks in dining room at sunset, and the very best buffet breakfasts we had all trip. If you can see past the "Dynasty" decor, you'll love this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TravellingAussieMum
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 26 March 2011

We stayed for one night (a Saturday) to check out the hotel. We were recommending it for our out of town wedding guests, and wanted to make sure it was OK.
We stayed on the first floor, and were able to park outside of our bedroom window. This property is set up "motel style", so your room opens to the outside instead of an interior hallway. We found this to be convenient, and we felt very safe at the hotel. It is in a quiet area, although close to the SR51 freeway, and is surrounded by small office buildings.
I was pleased to find that the rooms were updated, clean, and modern. We had two flat screen TVs in our room, granite countertops, etc. I was pleasantly surprised, because I felt that this was more like a 3 1/2 star hotel vs. the 2 1/2 stars it is rated.
My only complaint about the room is that the shower was a little wonky, and we could hear our upstairs neighbors clear as day through the walls/ceilings. I think the hotel is older and not as soundproofed as newer properties.
We took advantage of the free happy hour, and had two sodas and a glass of wine. It was a pleasant way to unwind at the end of the day. The lobby is nicely decorated, and has a fireplace. The breakfast/happy hour area is small and basic.
We really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning - there were plenty of options, and the hot foods were great.
Overall, I think this is a fantastic value, and we had a pleasant stay.
Friends who ended up staying here for our wedding raved about the hotel, and were extremely pleased with their experiences as well.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We stayed for 2 days. The room is comfy and clean with a large TV, many channels and a comfy bed. The one issue we had was breakfast. Yes it's free however it was a mob scene, and the advertisement for Belgian waffles didn't mention you had to cook them yourself! The coffee was very good though and yogurt and fruit. We would stay again just won't do breakfast

• Stayed March 2011
Leduc, Alberta
Reviewed 3 March 2011

We stayed for three enjoyable weeks. There are many things that we found very satisfactory about our stay! The staff was exceptionally accommodating. The first thing we noticed was the pleasant and efficient front desk staff -including Mela and the remainder of the reception-area staff. Who could forget the smiling Leo who hosted the afternoon wine and snacks gathering, and who did so many other handyman activities? And then there was the ever-pleasant and efficient Reyl who did a remarkable job of hosting the breakfast which, by the way, was excellent. Cudos to the cleaning staff who cleaned our room admirably well. Another thing we found unusual , but very impressive , was the fact that the manager Mr. Quick spent a great deal of time talking to the guests- an excellent idea! Our room was very nice and spacious and excepionally clean! Perhaps there could be improved lighting. The pool was very clean and the grounds and parking lot were well maintained. The signage identifying the location of the building could be improved. Overall, we would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others! Bob and Ellen of Leduc, Alberta , Canada

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple