“Very Good Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Frederick, United States
“Very Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Excellent value, most of the staff I encountered were very accommodating. The rooms were very clean and the bed was really comfortable. The complimentary breakfast buffet was not great, I would definitely have taken time to go elsewhere for breakfast. Overall, this was an excellent stay at an excellent price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mila s, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Phoenix Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Bart,

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I wanted to stay in this general area and after reading all the positive reviews here I made a reservation for this past weekend.

To be fair I usually stay at Hampton Inn or similar so I knew this would not measure up to that.

The first thing I noticed as I was checking in was poorly repaired drywall above the front desk. I didn't think much about it...I should have.

The room itself was small and dark, but not dark enough to hide many issues. Just like at the front desk there was poorly repaired drywall in the bathroom area. But worse was the hair on the tile floor, the broken tile in the bathroom, the enamel surface of the tub was damaged and poorly repaired, the towel shelf and shower bar were literally falling off the wall. There was clutter everywhere from a microwave, coffee maker and water bottle on the small (and very low) bathroom counter to literature extolling the virtues of this Best Western on every flat surface in the room. While it was a cool 75 degree Phoenix night the AC ran non stop ALL night and it was still hot in the room! The weatherstrip around the door was missing or worn out as you could see light all the way around the door. Another oddity was the fact that the toilet was at an angle.

Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I would like to be able to speak with you further about your stay. If given a chance while you were here to fix these issues you would have left our hotel happy. If you can please contact me directly I would love to speak with you. Once again my sincerest apologies. You can contact me at 602-997-6285 Ext 309 ask for Mila Stouffer.

Fort Dodge, IA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have stayed at this location several times and have always found it to be a satisfactory experience. The staff to a person is professional and courteous. The breakfast offered is A-one and a model for other chains to follow. The location is ideal for wherever you have to travel in Phoenix. I would rate my experience there as top rate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Jerry,

Its so nice to hear from our repeat guests. It just shows us that we must be doing something right. If you stay with us due to business reasons you might want to speak with our sales manager Patricia Burks. We can set your company up with a corporate contract. That just means we break your rate down for your company into 4 different seasons. It saves our corporate customers about 30% off. So next time your here come by the sales office and say HI!!

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here. The weather was great and the pool was wonderful. We had a 2 queen suite on the second floor (be advised there is no elevator). The room itself was perfect for what we needed, however, we had a lot of stuff to carry up - so that was the only drawback. We used the laundry facilities, which were near the pool, so we could tan while waiting for the laundry - so that worked out. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: if you have a lot of stuff - book a ground floor room - no elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I would also like to thank you for your review on our location. When staying with us next time please ask the front desk to have someone carry your luggage for you.

cleveland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel because of the reviews. I own a condo in the Phoenix area but was unable to stay there because I have a broken foot and the condo has steps. If you look at my other reviews at TripAdvisor, you will see that I am not a picky person when it comes to hotel rooms. First of all, the noise from traffic is so bad that it prevents sleep. I woke up at 4 am due to traffic noise. I felt like I was in the middle of a highway. The next night, I could hear my neighbor snoring & coughing in addition to the traffic noise. I didn't complain due to the lobby not being handicap-friendly. Lots of steps. I could have called but we had a very busy schedule. Next, roaches in the room. I have had a condo in Tempe for over 10 years with not a bug inside the condo. This place has roaches the size of a Mini-Cooper. The breakfast was also lacking. I have stayed at many hotels in the US that offer breakfast. The selection is OK and the woman who takes care of the breakfast buffet is fantastic. However, I have never been to a hotel in the US that did not offer bagels and cream cheese. I don't eat meat and eggs so I always depend on the cream cheese option. This hotel has a lot of options that would appeal to people in certain situations. There is a kitchen area in some suites that allows cooking. The refrigerator is suspect. Noisey and either freezing or not working. Grills are available by the pool. Honestly, I could go on about this place but your choice depends on what you want from a hotel. This place is great for families who want to cook their own food, Maybe you will get lucky and have a room away from the extreme traffic noise!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for bringing your comments to our attention. I wish I would have been able to talk to you directly while you were here. We are in the process of updating some of our breakfast items. If you could contact me directly I would love to be able to speak with you about your stay with us a little further. You can contact me directly at 602-997-6285 Ext. 309 please ask for Mila Stouffer

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed for one night on 4/26 while in town for a Diamondbacks game. The room was huge. We were in the Goldwater Suite. I have traveled extensively, and this was the first hotel room I ever had that had two bathrooms. What a wonderful idea! So my partner and I each had our own bathroom and sink.

The room also had a separate living room area and two large flat-screen televisions. We didn't spend much time in the room, but while we were there it was quite comfortable. The beds are wonderful; I didn't want to get out of bed the next morning.

Breakfast was excellent as well, particularly the sausage. The breakfast room does get crowded, so go early or late.

Room Tip: Go for the bigger suite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tara,

I want to thank you for your kind comments. We have several different suite types to accommodate all of our guests needs. Next time your in town give me a call. I would love to upgrade you to one of our presidential suites with a whirlpool tub in the bedroom portion. Once again thank you for choosing the Best Western Inn Suites Hotel!!

Warm Regards,
TUCSON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The location is excellent and the staff go out of their way to be helpful. There are some real suites. The outdoor BBQ is always available and the free beer and wine at the happy hour is always welcome.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Robert,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete your review on our location. We hope to see you again!!