“Amazing Service”

Ranked #13 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel for a work trip. I had extraordinary service, especially in the form of Renault at the front desk. He made me feel welcome and greeted me every time I walked by. My room was spectacular and the meeting rooms were very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amanda C
Marty R, Executve Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I attended a meeting with 2 other colleagues last weekend. This was a wonderful setting for the meeting. The food service was outstanding and all of the staff were friendly and attentive.
The meeting room was comfortable (not too cold) with good acoustics.

The Navigator was so helpful and friendly, and directed us to a great restaurant. Kudos!!

The Desk staff also was helpful in arranging transportation when needed.

I would return to this hotel without hestitation.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the 5th floor terrace. There was a wedding reception one night, but the music was...
Green Features: no opinion about this -- seemed to be doing what other similar hotels are doing
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our great property! I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us when you were here for a meeting. We certainly hope to see you again soon!
Tucson
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We attended an event at the Comerica Theater and stayed at the Renaissance because it was nearby. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable. The sink area in the bathroom was roomy so we could both use it at the same time. We had an delicious evening meal of burgers and happy hour wine at the Icon Lounge. Rhonda, our server, is a gem - very attentive, helpful and delightful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martaz409
Thank you for this great review! Rhonda has been at this property for 38 years, and really knows how to help you enjoy your time at ICON! She has incredible stories to share - be sure to get her going next time you're with us!
San Jose, California
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The last couple of years I have stayed in quite a few Marriott hotels thanks to ongoing conferences, and this weekend was the best experience I had. The room was clean and smelled fresh, the air conditioning was quiet, the bed was comfortable (well, as comfortable as one would expect!) and even though the hallways scream 1960s, I even liked the low ceilings because I've never felt so tall. ;)

The staff though is the true gem of this hotel. Every time I asked for something, it was dealt with immediately - I never had to ask twice, and I never got to the point of looking around wondering where someone else was to ask my request of again. They were genuinely friendly, and seemed happy to help rather than that "I've been told to be cheerful by my boss" happy you often see.

From the front desk, to the concierge, to the gift shop, to the cleaning staff, to the chef (who I didn't meet but who was sweet enough to share a recipe with me when asked!) ... I was delighted with the reception I received.

Also, the food served at our meetings was amazing. I mean, I love southwestern foods so that helped, but really I am afraid to get on the scale due to how much I ate.

My only complaint was that they only carry Pepsi products - and I'm sorry but a rum & pepsi just doesn't go down the way rum & coke does.

Room Tip: Fifth floor is the floor with the pool etc, so not sure you'd want to be on that floor or right...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thanks for your wonderful review of our property and our Ambassadors! I'm delighted that you were able to experience the best staff in the industry! We sure hope you return soon!
Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel has nice rooms and a friendly staff. There is a nice pool area and large patio to hang out in the sun. It is near a number of decent restaurants. Very easy to get a cab or on the light rail. The lobby bar has decent food and inexpensive drinks. Had a very good experience here.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed to be pretty similar. I was there with many friends for a festival and enter...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SiriusSkier23
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thanks for your review of our wonderful hotel! I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us, and we sure hope you'll stay with us again!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was my first time to Phoenix, and I stayed a total of four nights at the Renaissance. My room was very clean and had a great office/desk area. I have nothing to complain about, and only compliments to the staff for creating a pleasant and care-free stay.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor facing north, but I believe either side (north or south) would provide nice...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
How lucky were we to be able to have you in our care during your first trip to Phoenix?! Thanks for choosing the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, and we hope you'll come back soon!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for a work conference. It's an older property that has been very well upgraded. I enjoyed the hotel and would stay here again on my own. It's well situated for anything you want to do in downtown Phoenix. You can walk to almost anything there.

I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for your review, and we're glad to hear you'll be coming back for a pleasure stay!