Stayed for a week at this property. With the exception of the front desk staff not accommodating my request for a quiet room and executive floor preference, the executive lounge staff, housekeeping, concierge, and other employees were the best Marriott employees I have encountered. thanks especially to Pamela in the Executive Lounge!
Without this experience with the support staff and the location of the property in relation to my meeting, I honestly would have left the hotel the first night due to the failure of this property to honor my simple request for a quiet room and location on the executive floor (I am Marriott Gold and have been since 2002). When I checked in, was told nothing was available and requested to be moved should something become available. The front desk person did not even acknowledge this request while I was checking in. I presume this is due to instructions that a specific member rate (somewhat discounted from the rack rate) means that, despite my status, I was to be placed "wherever" despite my request and profile.
During my stay, it was readily apparent and confirmed by housekeeping that the executive floor was in fact not full and so I cannot say with confidence that they really illustrated a desire to meet my expectations and my requests - perhaps for the economic reason(s) I indicated above.
On the plus side, the executive lounge customer service and choice of beverages and "meals" offered by this Renaissance was the absolutely - by far - best I have encountered for this Brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an artful and memorable urban retreat when you book a stay at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel. We offer easy access to some of the city's finest attractions, including the Talking Stick Resort Arena (home of the Phoenix Suns), Chase Field (home of the Arizona Diamondbacks), Phoenix Zoo, Orpheum Theatre and Heard Museum. Plus, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) is just 4 miles from our front doors. Guest rooms at our hotel in downtown Phoenix, Arizona feature stylish decor, luxurious bedding, LCD TVs, premium bath amenities and spectacular cityscape views. Enjoy fine dining at our celebrated restaurants, and stay in shape at our state-of-the-art fitness center and heated rooftop pool. Discover style and comfort at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel. Please note that valet parking for the hotel costs $32 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel Phoenix
- Wyndham Phoenix
- Phoenix Wyndham
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel Arizona