“Best Concierge Staff”

Ranked #14 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Austin, Texas
“Best Concierge Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently stayed at this property for a conference. The staff was outstanding, especially the team in the Concierge Lounge. Helpful, Friendly, and just plain made you feel welcome there. Very enjoyable experience. I don't usually comment on hotels on sites like this, but this staff truly deserved kudos.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brent G
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our great hotel! The Ambassadors in our concierge lounge, Elevate, are absolutely superb! We pride ourselves in the fact that all of our Ambassadors go above and beyond to make your stay the best it can be!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Breckenridge, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My husband was attending a conference and I joined him. The members of the team at the hotel were fantastic. The club floor team went out of their way to help and the concierge gave me bus routes and great places to visit. Good downtown location

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
How nice that you joined your husband during his conference and that you had an opportunity to explore the great city of Phoenix! Our concierge lounge staff and our Navigators are by far the best in the business - you were in wonderful hands! Hope to see you again!
orlando, florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed for a week at this property. With the exception of the front desk staff not accommodating my request for a quiet room and executive floor preference, the executive lounge staff, housekeeping, concierge, and other employees were the best Marriott employees I have encountered. thanks especially to Pamela in the Executive Lounge!

Without this experience with the support staff and the location of the property in relation to my meeting, I honestly would have left the hotel the first night due to the failure of this property to honor my simple request for a quiet room and location on the executive floor (I am Marriott Gold and have been since 2002). When I checked in, was told nothing was available and requested to be moved should something become available. The front desk person did not even acknowledge this request while I was checking in. I presume this is due to instructions that a specific member rate (somewhat discounted from the rack rate) means that, despite my status, I was to be placed "wherever" despite my request and profile.

During my stay, it was readily apparent and confirmed by housekeeping that the executive floor was in fact not full and so I cannot say with confidence that they really illustrated a desire to meet my expectations and my requests - perhaps for the economic reason(s) I indicated above.

On the plus side, the executive lounge customer service and choice of beverages and "meals" offered by this Renaissance was the absolutely - by far - best I have encountered for this Brand.

Room Tip: If you are light sleeper ask for a room facing north and as high as possible and AWAY from N Central...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
First and foremost, please accept our apology. Every experience you have while in our care should be as wonderful as the one you described while in our concierge lounge, Elevate. We are at this moment, looking into the situation surrounding your request for a room change. Should you want to speak to someone on property, our Director of Operations, Rooms is happy to talk to you. Jacob Wright 602-333-5131. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and we sincerely hope you'll give us another opportunity to WOW you as you should have been.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed last December and found the hotel to be very nice and modern, excellent staff very friendly, helpful and knowledgable. The location is great too as we went to the US Airways Arena a couple of times and also the Herberger Theatre both within walking distance.
My only negative would be the Fedex office and the outrageous charges for storing a few packages, $25.00 for an envelope, my total was well over $100.00 defeated the whole point of saving by shopping online.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
We're so glad you chose us for your stay while in Phoenix! Our location is indeed perfect for all things 'downtown'! Music, sports, theatre, comedy clubs, night clubs - and the list goes on! Please come back!
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel for a work trip. I had extraordinary service, especially in the form of Renault at the front desk. He made me feel welcome and greeted me every time I walked by. My room was spectacular and the meeting rooms were very comfortable.

1 Thank Amanda C
Marty R, Executve Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed such a wonderful stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again!
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I attended a meeting with 2 other colleagues last weekend. This was a wonderful setting for the meeting. The food service was outstanding and all of the staff were friendly and attentive.
The meeting room was comfortable (not too cold) with good acoustics.

The Navigator was so helpful and friendly, and directed us to a great restaurant. Kudos!!

The Desk staff also was helpful in arranging transportation when needed.

I would return to this hotel without hestitation.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the 5th floor terrace. There was a wedding reception one night, but the music was...
Green Features: no opinion about this -- seemed to be doing what other similar hotels are doing
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our great property! I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us when you were here for a meeting. We certainly hope to see you again soon!
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We attended an event at the Comerica Theater and stayed at the Renaissance because it was nearby. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was very comfortable. The sink area in the bathroom was roomy so we could both use it at the same time. We had an delicious evening meal of burgers and happy hour wine at the Icon Lounge. Rhonda, our server, is a gem - very attentive, helpful and delightful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martaz409
Thank you for this great review! Rhonda has been at this property for 38 years, and really knows how to help you enjoy your time at ICON! She has incredible stories to share - be sure to get her going next time you're with us!