Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsconvention centerthe concierge loungeloss preventionfront deskfifth floorwithin walking distancelobby bartwo blocksrooftop poolhotel is beautifulchase fieldbusiness tripattending a conferenceevery staff membercomfortable roomsper daylight rail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lobby and location of this hotel! I also love the lounge/pool area! The pool leaves a lot to be desired, but the surrounding area makes up for it! The fitness center is one of the best I've seen in a while! It has all lifetime equipment with personal TV's and a variety of equipment!

My room on the 17 floor was HUGE!!! It had two couches two beds and a big windows with a great view of Downtown, but it was dated!

You can walk everywhere from here, the baseball stadium, the basketball arena, restaurants, bowling alley. shopping, the monorail, the local city bus and so much more.

The hotel does not have a hotel shuttle and you have to purchase Wi-Fi...boo.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for choosing us during your trip to Phoenix! We love our lobby and location too! So close to everything cool - sports venues, restaurants, theatres, comedy clubs, even a bowling alley with neon lanes - awesome!!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Although not thrilled (initially) about staying in downtown Phoenix (vice Scottsdale, etc.), the staff at the Renaissance would be the reason for returning again. I had an early morning flight from San Diego and arrived to Phoenix by 9:30 am on a Wednesday...without asking, the staff advised they had 2 rooms ready and would be glad to check my business associate and I in. After dropping bags in the room we stopped in the concierge lounge just to get some coffee (after 10:00 am). The staff offered to get us some breakfast/muffins etc., even though they were done with that service. Such hospitality and service is very much appreciated! We would echo the compliments regarding the concierge staff--they were exceptional! The rooms were very comfortable and clean, but like many have noted, the service really stands out here. Thanks for making a long week a bit easier!

Room Tip: If you can get yourself into the concierge lounge, you will have an outstanding stay!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Wow! One of the best Renaissanace properties and excellent staff! That's how we roll at the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel! Our Ambassadors are without question at the top of their game every single day, offering our guests the very best customer service possible. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we certainly hope you'll visit again!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

From the moment I connected with the hotel the red carpet was put out making me feel like royality! A huge smile greeted me by James at reception, Shirley at Customer Service checked in with me to ensure my room was in a superior state, Pam each morning met.me in the lounge with a sincere interest in my stay, Jacob Wright wanted my Renaissance experience to be flawless All were excellent Ambassadors for this home away from home. My room was SPOTLESS and quiet, sheets were crisp and of high qualtiy, mattress provided a dreamy night's sleep, great view, close easy walking distance to Convention Centre, easy access to shopping and airport using light rail and buses ($2.00 vs taxi $35.00). Scottsdale was one hour away by transit cost $4.00. Old Scottsdale was worth the visit. Great value, my other friends stayed elsewhere and they changed hotels after two days.
Would I recommend this to my friends ?.........absolutely!!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floor great view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thanks so much for choosing the Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel! We're delighted that your stay was so much fun and that our fantastic Ambassadors proved yet again how they are the best in the business! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently stayed at this property for a conference. The staff was outstanding, especially the team in the Concierge Lounge. Helpful, Friendly, and just plain made you feel welcome there. Very enjoyable experience. I don't usually comment on hotels on sites like this, but this staff truly deserved kudos.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brent G
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review our great hotel! The Ambassadors in our concierge lounge, Elevate, are absolutely superb! We pride ourselves in the fact that all of our Ambassadors go above and beyond to make your stay the best it can be!

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My husband was attending a conference and I joined him. The members of the team at the hotel were fantastic. The club floor team went out of their way to help and the concierge gave me bus routes and great places to visit. Good downtown location

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

How nice that you joined your husband during his conference and that you had an opportunity to explore the great city of Phoenix! Our concierge lounge staff and our Navigators are by far the best in the business - you were in wonderful hands! Hope to see you again!