Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
US$96
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Restaurant
US$584
US$415
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconvention centerthe concierge loungeloss preventionfront deskfifth floorwithin walking distancelobby bartwo blocksrooftop poolhotel is beautifulchase fieldbusiness tripattending a conferenceevery staff membercomfortable roomsper daylight rail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a few days while we were in Phoenix for a wedding. It was wonderful--great service, comfortable, clean rooms, and a super clean pool that was always the right temperature. The hotel restaurant has a great breakfast menu to get your day started right. My only complaints are that the rooms are rather dark and the only parking available onsite is valet, and it's expensive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beth W
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

We're so glad you enjoyed your time with us! Our super clean pool is a great place to hang out. I'm sorry you thought your room was dark - the window takes up most of the exterior wall and it is intentionally hooded to help keep the sun at bay. We sure hope you'll come back to visit us again!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

At first I was a little disappointed because this is clearly an older property, though still very clean. The people won me over. The service at every level was outstanding. This was true from the minute I checked in. The front desk was full of smiling people. My special request was readily accommodated. My room was nice and clean though definitely ready for an update. I had a light dinner in the bar with a very attentive server. The next day I had breakfast in Marstons cafe and that was yummy. Lots of very fresh fruit, not the normal week old lookin stuff you after see in a buffet. The best part were the tasty cheese blinsta! The wait staff once again very friendly and attentive! Came back to another great dinner and another wonderful breakfast. Though the second day they did not have the blinsta and when I expressed my disappointment within a minute was told that the chef was making some special for me! If you like be carted to this is a wonderful choice!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

So you loved our cheese blintz - fantastic! They are pretty tasty. And Chef made them special for you - awesome! Thanks so much for staying with us, and for your great review of our hotel. You are absolutely right - our people are outstanding!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stay at this hotel when I attend performances of the Phoenix Symphony Orchestra regularly, Symphony Hall is a short one block away. It's comfortable and very quiet for a city hotel, the breakfast buffet is fine, and I enjoy a light dinner at the bar before performances. But the wonderful staff is the main attraction here. A good many of them have become friends, and all of them offer excellent friendly service. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thanks for such wonderful review! I know you stay with us fairly often and we sincerely appreciate your loyalty! You are absolutely correct about our Ambassadors being the main attraction - we're delighted that your repeated experiences with us are consistenly fantastic!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great location in the heart of downtown phoenix very close to the rail to take you anywhere. The ambiance was great. The staff was extremly friendly. I personally arrived very early and they did all the arrangements for a smooth check in. The pool area is very nice however I was there when it was cold outside and with it being in the shade the greater part of the morning could not use the pool. The food was very delicious and they had a great variety. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thanks for your great review! So sorry it was too cold for you to use our pool when you were here - that doesn't happen very often! And we appreciate the mention of our fantastic Ambassadors - the best in the biz for sure!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The title of my review says it all really, but for $366 total, even though I was on the company dime, I felt very ripped off. The common areas are nice enough, the rooms fairly well-appointed and not TOO dated, but the room rate is completely out of line. It's New York prices but you're in po-dunk Phx. My room #723 was very small. I almost had to shimmy around the beds. My neighbor's conversation was as clear as it would be if he was in my bathroom. I would definitely consider a different hotel just based on value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business