Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
US$220
US$179
US$235
  • Restaurant
Arizona Grand Resort & Spa(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$148
Agoda.com
US$180
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconvention centerthe concierge loungeloss preventionfront deskfifth floorwithin walking distancelobby bartwo blocksrooftop poolhotel is beautifulchase fieldbusiness tripattending a conferenceevery staff membercomfortable roomsper daylight rail
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I recently stayed here one night on a one-day business trip to Phoenix.

I was given a nice room on the 18th floor and told about the concierge lounge on the 19th floor. The lounge offered light snacks at 5:30pm and an assortment of desserts at 7pm. I wasn’t able to make it for desserts but did try the snacks which were an assortment of cheeses and breads and a nice light salad. Their breakfast the following morning was also very nice with lots of variety to choose from.

The room was very spacious and clean and everything was in working order. The bed was comfortable however the TV had some damage to it; I guess the previous occupants didn’t like the programming, so I reported this to the front desk staff and they sent up a maintenance person to take a look. My only real complaint was that the lotion and shampoo/conditioners had been used before and not replaced… but luckily I had brought my own.

All the staff that I encountered were professional and very friendly. I would definitely stay here again the next time I have business in the downtown Phoenix area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed our concierge lounge, Elevate! They are always prepared to please our guests with the best in culinary delights! I'm sorry the bathroom amenities were not replaced, that is most certainly not up to our standards. We sure hope you'll come back again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a wonderful attentive, happy, kind staff! My daughter and were traveling from the east coast to Phoenix, to get my daughter settled for a summer internship in Phoenix. Being new to the area it was a great help to have kind staff to ask questions with the feel of not being a bother. We can’t expressive enough how genuine and helpful the staff was in helping us navigate the area.
Management was very accommodating when I ask for a special request.
At one point of our stay my daughter was not feeling well; management sent my daughter a room service care tray. How kind and thoughtful.
We met Mara and Michael, who work in the gift shop; again both were very helpful with navigating. The gift shop is filled many quality items as well as everyday necessities.
Marston’s Café has a great breakfast menu. At breakfast we had the pleasure of meeting a genuine kind, caring man named Edison. Not only was Edison’s service outstanding so was his personality.
I speak of kindness and happy caring people in this review the pristine hotel speaks for itself. I have stayed at more luxurious hotels; by far this staff has been the best I’ve met. I like to be around kind, happy people this is what I experienced at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CINDY S
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thanks so much for your fantastic review of our hotel and our Ambassadors! Eddison is such a kind and caring man, and SO good at his job! Our focus is on customer service and our staff blows it out of the water every single day! We sure hope to see you again!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

After a two day visit at the Renaissance hotel, I departed for home in Tucson, Az and left my cosmetics bag with my prescription medicines in the room. After arriving home, I called the hotel to let them know. After some time they called back and had found the. I received them to next day by fedex.. I'd like to thank the hotel staff and Mr. Albert Cardenas in particular for the prompt, excellent service. I would certainly stay at this hotel again.
Alice Armour

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

What a great outcome! Albert is a wonderful example of how fantastic our Ambassadors are! We're delighted that you'll be back to see us - please make it soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

After an intense meeting at the Renaissance, and in the midst of a hectic travel schedule, I arrived at Sky Harbor Airport only to realize (after frantic search of bags) that I had left my laptop charger behind. Upon the suggestion of fellow travelers, I phoned the hotel and was connected promptly with Mr. Andrew Finney, the Loss Prevention Ambassador. Mr. Finney was the epitome of calm and kindness; he checked the meeting room and called me back within 5 minutes to confirm that my charger was there, very important when waiting to board a flight! The charger soon arrived, via FedEx with a note. Many thanks to Mr. Finney and the excellent staff of the Renaissance for their timely and much appreciated assistance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

That's a great outcome! Andrew and his great team in Loss Prevention are consistently at the top of their game and always going above and beyond. We're glad you have your charger!

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for USA volleyball Open National Champions at convention center. Very close and easy walk to this and many local restaurants. Lobby is gorgeous. Pool was clean but unfortunately the late afternoon sun gets blocked because of a neighboring tall building. Hotel only offers a very expensive valet parking arrangement. My car rental was $9 a day but parking was $27 a day at hotel. Good news is there are cheaper parking options nearby. Room was fine and staff was excellent. I struggled between rating this a 3 o 4. I decided to go with a 3 because of the parking cost. Restaurant at hotel is too expensive as well.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Marty R, Executive Respose Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thanks for staying with us! I'm glad you had a chance to explore downtown Phoenix - it has a lot to offer! Valet prices in an urban hotel can seem pricey, with the good news being we offer in and out privileges, security and 24 hour parking, which the nearby public lots do not. Depending on your purpose for being in downtown Phoenix, one of those options might be great for you - I hope you found the solution that worked for you!