“A good property in Downtown Phoenix”

Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Ranked #15 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed for one night on business and I was pleased. Quick walk to the convention center and large clean rooms and nice staff. The gym had a good amount of equipment. Room service was quick and tasty. If I had to go to an event in the area I'd consider staying again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are indeed in the middle of everything downtown Phoenix! The Convention Center, restaurants, live theatre, even a bowling alley complete with neon lights! We hope you'll be able to experience those next time you're with us! Thanks!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel and we were so pleased! The room was very spacious and clean. The beds are great and the extra pillows that I had requested were right there. There was a breakfast in the morning that was delicious! There was fruit ( which was excellent), cereal, muffins, bagels, bacon, home style potatoes, and more. All was wonderful and the coffee was excellent! We only stayed for one night, but thankful this is where we were. The location is convenient to everything downtown. The staff at check-in and check-out were courteous and extremely helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Phoenix!

Room Tip: The higher up the better if you are concerned with noise. We were on the top floor and it was great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so glad you chose to stay with us during your time in Phoenix! Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel. We feature illy coffee, and yes! It is fantastic! We hope you'll stop by again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The service makes this property. The hallways are older and the hardware / locks on the doors are older and clearly not Renaissance quality, but the service is great. The bell hops and the front desk are clearly well-trained and give every effort. The rooms are fine and what you would expect of a Renaissance. I had a room quite near the elevator and was initially concerned but I didn't hear a thing. A good property as long as the prices are reasonable. I didn't try to the pool or the gym as I was there for business. The location is great if you're there for a convention. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to review our property! Our Ambassadors are certainly the best in the business, and customer service is sincerely number 1 for us! I'd like to address your comments about the hallways and door hardware. As I write this response, we have construction crews on the guest floors - we are completely renovating every guest corridor, including doors/hardware, ceilings, carpet, wall covering - the whole shebang! AND we're adding safes and refrigerators to every room, too! We sure hope you'll come back to experience the latest and greatest Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here for the recent comic con weekend in phoenix. It is a wonderful and nice hotel and would stay here again. most of what i am going to mention was from the con being in town but due to that you may experience the same issues during high occupancy of the hotel. They are little things the hotel can fix to me it a perfect stay. 1. The partition with my adjoining room is very thin, i could here just about everything that went on in the room next to me -> suggest soundproofing. 2. upon checkout the elevators were too crowded and slow for me to get on one, I had to walk down 8 flights of stairs with my luggage. 3. it took 20 min for my car to come up from the valet while other people waited far less than that. Also if you get in late at night the normal valet isn't open and they make you drive around the corner to the garage. If these things were brushed up on a little bit i would give it 5 stars

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

We certainly appreciate the feedback from your stay with us. I apologize for your less than stellar experiences, it sounds like we fell short of your expectations, and ours, too. Comic Con is an incredibly busy time, and we were at capacity. I'm sorry you couldn't catch an elevator. I've spoken to our team in valet, who also send their apologies to you, and they are working on a process so that doesn't happen again. We certainly hope you'll give us another chance!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The lobby/bar of the hotel look great and feel like a high class hotel. However the older hallways and rooms that don't have the high class feel of the lobby. The rooms were ok, but wall paper peeling, patches in the ceiling and scratched wood does not give you the feel that you are at a Renaissance. The hotel bar had a good happy hour. We decided to park free on the street after Friday instead of valeting for $27. The hotel is within walking distance of both arenas and we felt safe walking back to the hotel after a later game at the baseball stadium. The price was right for a downtown hotel and had all the services including a flight check-in computer that you would expect.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south have good views of the stadiums.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hallways. We are completely renovating every single guest corridor in the hotel this summer! New electronic locks on each door, new ceilings, wallcoverings, carpet, lighting and oh! safes and refrigerators in every room too! You'll have to come back and give us another chance to completely wow you!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had opportunity to stay at this downtown Phoenix property because I was attending a Scheinman Instiute, Cornell ILR School Arbitration Award workshop at the nearby Old Phoenix Courthouse. Check in was smooth I received a higher floor room looking north toward the Camelback Mountains. My room was clean and everything worked well. The A/C was perfect because it was hot outside. There was enough light and the water pressure was good. The LCD TV offered many cable channels. What really set this property apart from most Marriott properties I stayed at was the concierge lounge. Within the same week I stayed at Marriott Burbank Airport property and the difference between the concierge lounge was night and day. This lounge had I a hip and modern atmosphere. Some of the best concierge food that I ever had - Fish Tacos and Salmon! But some of the folks working in there provided superb service and friendliness. One of the employees, who was from Hawaii and studying ancient herbal medicine remember my name each time and I came into the lounge and provided excellent service. For this reason and my comfortable room, I rate this as one of the best Marriott properties that I have stayed at.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SeminarTrekker

We are so glad your stay with us was above your expectations! Elevate, is for sure the coolest concierge lounge you'll find! Pam and the team knows what customer service is about. And yes! The food is outstanding! Thanks very much for your great review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I recently stayed here one night on a one-day business trip to Phoenix.

I was given a nice room on the 18th floor and told about the concierge lounge on the 19th floor. The lounge offered light snacks at 5:30pm and an assortment of desserts at 7pm. I wasn’t able to make it for desserts but did try the snacks which were an assortment of cheeses and breads and a nice light salad. Their breakfast the following morning was also very nice with lots of variety to choose from.

The room was very spacious and clean and everything was in working order. The bed was comfortable however the TV had some damage to it; I guess the previous occupants didn’t like the programming, so I reported this to the front desk staff and they sent up a maintenance person to take a look. My only real complaint was that the lotion and shampoo/conditioners had been used before and not replaced… but luckily I had brought my own.

All the staff that I encountered were professional and very friendly. I would definitely stay here again the next time I have business in the downtown Phoenix area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I'm so glad you enjoyed our concierge lounge, Elevate! They are always prepared to please our guests with the best in culinary delights! I'm sorry the bathroom amenities were not replaced, that is most certainly not up to our standards. We sure hope you'll come back again soon!