“Good room for the price”

Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel
Ranked #13 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Attended Phoenix Comicon and since I live quite a distance made a reservation in January for this hotel. The room 702 was amazing as it was an end room and quite large. The only downside was the popcorn ceiling. The valet and front desk people were very nice and helpful. We did smell what appeared to be pot on our floor and pointed it out several times to staff. No smell in our room though. Tried the room service twice, which was delivered promptly and warm. Tried the restaurant for breakfast and lunch and was quite satisfied with the reasonable pricing and food. Overall, very pleased with my visit!

Room Tip: Corner suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thanks so much for choosing us during Comicon! So sorry about the odors in the hallway, it can be quite challenging to track something like that down. I know our security folks were on top of it!

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a business meeting and I love the location, the decor, the beds, and the staff. 2 Thumbs up!
Convenient to the airport and to everything in downtown Phoenix. The room service menu is a bit limited, but the food was great and it was delivered quickly by a very nice staffer.
You won't regret the decision to stay here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Two thumbs up! That's great - thanks so much!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel was beautiful, staff was excellent and quick check-in service. Room was beautiful, great view, beds are comfortable. Only a couple of issue we had was the room was not supplied with a fridge or microwave. Pool was closed prior to closing time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thanks for staying with us! At this very moment, we are adding fridges and safes to every single guest room in the hotel. AND we are completely re-doing the guest corridors too! Big summer projects underway to give our guests the very best!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed for one night on business and I was pleased. Quick walk to the convention center and large clean rooms and nice staff. The gym had a good amount of equipment. Room service was quick and tasty. If I had to go to an event in the area I'd consider staying again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

We are indeed in the middle of everything downtown Phoenix! The Convention Center, restaurants, live theatre, even a bowling alley complete with neon lights! We hope you'll be able to experience those next time you're with us! Thanks!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel and we were so pleased! The room was very spacious and clean. The beds are great and the extra pillows that I had requested were right there. There was a breakfast in the morning that was delicious! There was fruit ( which was excellent), cereal, muffins, bagels, bacon, home style potatoes, and more. All was wonderful and the coffee was excellent! We only stayed for one night, but thankful this is where we were. The location is convenient to everything downtown. The staff at check-in and check-out were courteous and extremely helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Phoenix!

Room Tip: The higher up the better if you are concerned with noise. We were on the top floor and it was great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so glad you chose to stay with us during your time in Phoenix! Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel. We feature illy coffee, and yes! It is fantastic! We hope you'll stop by again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The service makes this property. The hallways are older and the hardware / locks on the doors are older and clearly not Renaissance quality, but the service is great. The bell hops and the front desk are clearly well-trained and give every effort. The rooms are fine and what you would expect of a Renaissance. I had a room quite near the elevator and was initially concerned but I didn't hear a thing. A good property as long as the prices are reasonable. I didn't try to the pool or the gym as I was there for business. The location is great if you're there for a convention. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to review our property! Our Ambassadors are certainly the best in the business, and customer service is sincerely number 1 for us! I'd like to address your comments about the hallways and door hardware. As I write this response, we have construction crews on the guest floors - we are completely renovating every guest corridor, including doors/hardware, ceilings, carpet, wall covering - the whole shebang! AND we're adding safes and refrigerators to every room, too! We sure hope you'll come back to experience the latest and greatest Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here for the recent comic con weekend in phoenix. It is a wonderful and nice hotel and would stay here again. most of what i am going to mention was from the con being in town but due to that you may experience the same issues during high occupancy of the hotel. They are little things the hotel can fix to me it a perfect stay. 1. The partition with my adjoining room is very thin, i could here just about everything that went on in the room next to me -> suggest soundproofing. 2. upon checkout the elevators were too crowded and slow for me to get on one, I had to walk down 8 flights of stairs with my luggage. 3. it took 20 min for my car to come up from the valet while other people waited far less than that. Also if you get in late at night the normal valet isn't open and they make you drive around the corner to the garage. If these things were brushed up on a little bit i would give it 5 stars

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Marty R, Executive Response Team at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

We certainly appreciate the feedback from your stay with us. I apologize for your less than stellar experiences, it sounds like we fell short of your expectations, and ours, too. Comic Con is an incredibly busy time, and we were at capacity. I'm sorry you couldn't catch an elevator. I've spoken to our team in valet, who also send their apologies to you, and they are working on a process so that doesn't happen again. We certainly hope you'll give us another chance!