Loved this hotel. It is a great location in downtown Phoenix, as we were in town for a couple of baseball games at Chase Field and it's only about 4 blocks away. (So, yes it is walking distance.) Check in was smooth and quick with James at the front desk. We asked if we could get a corner room, and this was not an issue. The room we got 1602, was huge and nice. The queen beds were great. The mini frig is a plus, and the sink area is separate from the toilet/shower room is a plus too. The only thing that was missing from the room, was a dresser.
The main thing about this hotel was the entire on-site staff, as everyone we encountered was friendly and very helpful. Kate at the front desk was GREAT. She was helpful in recommending things and also getting us late check out. Rhonda the bartender was very friendly and really knew how to make a drink or two. These three were outstanding.
One night there seemed to be a fight in the room next door to us, as there was yelling and banging, we called down and it was taken care of quickly. Also, wi-fi is not free and parking onsite is somewhat expensive, yet they were very fast in getting the car for us when we needed it.
We did use room service one night and it actually was good and the food arrived hot. The hotel is also conveniently located to the airport.
One final note, we forgot a sweater in the room, that we realized we had forgotten when we got home, so we called to see if anyone had found it. We were transferred to Rodney, who took down the info and said he would investigate and get back to us. We had to call the next day and had to give the same info, but then said nothing had been found. I also emailed someone at the front office staff and have never heard anything back from them.
So overall we would highly recommend this hotel and we would stay here again if/when in downtown Phoenix and you won't regret the decision to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an artful and memorable urban retreat when you book a stay at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel. We offer easy access to some of the city's finest attractions, including the Talking Stick Resort Arena (home of the Phoenix Suns), Chase Field (home of the Arizona Diamondbacks), Phoenix Zoo, Orpheum Theatre and Heard Museum. Plus, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) is just 4 miles from our front doors. Guest rooms at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel feature stylish decor, luxurious bedding, LCD TVs, premium bath amenities and spectacular cityscape views. Enjoy fine dining at our celebrated restaurants, and stay in shape at our state-of-the-art fitness center and heated rooftop pool. Discover style and comfort at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel. Please note that valet parking for the hotel costs $32 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel Phoenix
- Wyndham Phoenix
- Phoenix Wyndham
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel Arizona