“Pleasantly Surprised”

Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North
Ranked #48 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 8 March 2012

This place was beautiful! We booked online and weren't sure what to expect, since we didn't know the area very well. Very close to Scottsdale and downtown Phoenix roads. Easy access to freeways and airport. Very modern, clean and spacious rooms. Got a suite for a family of 5 and everyone was very comfortable. The rate included breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Hot tub was a fun surprise. Pool was warm enough for the kids to swim in, even on a cool Phoenix March evening. Helpful staff. Two flat screen TVs, refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and sink area. Desk and couch area. Fountains and fires outside created beautiful quiet ambiance.

Room Tip: As far as I know, all rooms face the courtyard. Three stories high. 2nd and 3rd floors a bit quiete...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank EIZABETHTucson
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North

Reviewed 5 March 2012

The room was huge and the beds were comfy, but the bathroom was tiny and I do mean tiny just a really small shower and toilet. Did I mention the mold? While we were there one of the elevators broke stranding a woman in it. It was still not fixed two days later when we left. I would over look all of these things except the poor customer service. Upon check in I asked Zach if we received any breakfast or drink coupons for being Platinum Priority club members. He said he couldn't offer us anything because we had gotten a really low rate and then he said they were still trying to work those perks out with Corporate because they were a new property. Not sure which excuse to believe but we got nothing. Then upon check out, Stephen at the front desk did not even excuse himself from his personal conversation with the Starbucks employee to check us out and didnt tell us when we were done. He left us standing there like fools until we asked if that was all he needed. We are frequent travelers and that was a first. If you want excellent customer service, stay at the Holiday inn airport south on 48th street. They really know how to treat their guests, not like the north location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DamianL23
IHGCare, IHGCARE at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear DamianL23,

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed here on Thursday Feb. 23, 2012 and was very happy with everything. The room was very spacious and comfortable-- a large flat screen tv in the outer room with sofa, desk, sink, coffeee pot, fridge, and another tv in the bedroom. Outside lounging area with pools, hot tub, fire pits, lush landscaping, peaceful and quiet. Only 10 minutes from airport, CVS and supermarket across the street, fast food restaurant. Staff very friendly, nice bar in lobby.

2  Thank Michel1030
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We were stranded in PHX when a flight cancelled and grabbed this holel because it was close to the airport and the prince was pretty good (under $100). Not expecting much but was blown away when we got there. The van was on the spot to pick us up and the hotel was really pretty. The room was great - spacious, quiet, well laid out and the bed and pillows were the most comfortable we have had in a while. Grounds were beautiful and the staff was very nice. We didn't have much time to stay as we were back to the airport early but would have liked to stay longer.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank ScooterCS
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My son was visiting GCU. The hotel location was perfect, just 15 minutes to the college and 10 minutes to the car rental return area at Sky Harbor Airport. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms beautiful as well. Very quiet even though they told me that they were at full capacity. The rooms are very spacious. The staff was super nice. I would have given the hotel a 5 star rating for cleanliness had it not been for all of the left over glasses and dirty plates left out side from the night before in the beautiful firepit lounge area. Sad to see on my departure morning. Still, I would stay here over and over... this property is just beautiful. Keep in mind the breakfast is not free, it is a "just ok" buffet for $10.00 per person, (I think they do have a childs menu that is free?) or you may order off of a breakfast menu. The main waitress in the breakfast area was extremely attentive, and so pleasant... I wish I would have gotten her name :)! I would highly recommend this hotel, truly lovely.

Room Tip: I loved my room just above the pool area, 3rd floor, afternoon sun. Beautiful, and I woke to the bi...
1  Thank OliveK
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I wish we could have stayed longer...this hotel was beautiful, comfortable, and relaxing!

The price was amazing for the luxury of this hotel! Everything was clean as a whistle and the beds were extremely cozy. I'd seriously consider flying into Phoenix just to enjoy this hotel for a couple of days...it was THAT good :)

2  Thank simpler1773
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Booked a run-of-house room at this hotel, received a two-room suite. I am led to believe that this is an all-suite hotel. Beautiful pool and amenities, and for the rate I paid it is one of my best bargains of the year. Would return in a heartbeat, am disappointed I didn't stay longer.

1  Thank photomikey