“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #48 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Sedona, Arizona
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

What an awesome suite. Will definitely stay here again! !! The room was very clean and the staff was excellent. I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone who needs a great place to lay your head. Being Close to the airport is very convenient.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here recently for three nights. The location around the hotel is not that great but the hotel property is well maintained and clean. The hotel staff was friendly. The hotel has a well landscaped courtyard area. Maintenance has been kept up well. The rooms have exterior walkways around the courtyard. There are several elevators and they are air conditioned. My room was a king suite on the third floor. Well appointed room and it was also very clean. Try to stay in a room off the main road because there is a lot of loud traffic and booming stereos. I ate at the bar one time in the evening and the waiter staff was friendly and I paid $10.00 for twelve chicken wings. Very nice pool area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was not sure about the hotel looking from the outside and where it was located but once I went in I was impressed. The lobby is very nice, modern, and clean. It has a wonderful courtyard and landscaping. Then I walked into my room and couldn't believe it was a suite. It was very nicely down and very spacious. The suite seemed bigger to me than Embassy Suites. I had breakfast there as well and it was good. All the staff were very nice. If I return to Phoenix I would definitely stay there. The only reason I didn't rate it a five is because there isn't a lot of options for restaurants close by so maybe not the best location but it was very close to the office.

Room Tip: I'm not a first floor person so I always suggest higher floors and away from stairs and elevator...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I had two separate stays here spanning several days for business. From the outside you would never guess that it surrounds a beautifully-landscaped courtyard which includes flowering trees and bushes placed among the pool, hot tub and fire pit. Every time I opened my front door I felt like I was on vacation, even though I wasn't.

The room was quite large, with a separate living room suite with a fridge and microwave. Because the layout is motel-style, and the door opens out onto the walkway, unless you want to be on display you leave the drapes closed, which in turn led to a dark and dreary feel to the front room.

Housekeeping was a bit spotty, not emptying my trash for a couple of days, leaving a glass in the sink I'd brought back from the restaurant for two days, and, on my last day, leaving a pile of used linens on top of my suitcase.

I ate in both the dinner and breakfast restaurants. Prices were reasonable for a hotel, but service was underpar at breakfast, with items being forgotten, or others being waited on first who came in after I had been seated.

The location is a convenient 10-15 minute drive from Sky Harbor airport, and there are plenty of amenities in the area, with a CVS and Fry's supermarket just down the street.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room off the main level, unless you like hearing people blasting thei...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear BHL,

Thank you for choosing us again and for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. While I appreciate your kind comments about our facility, I regret to learn that some of our services particularly our housekeeping and your dining experience has fallen short of your expectations. I apologize for any inconvenience these may have caused you. I have noted your comments and shared them with our hotel management to consider improvements where necessary.

Once again, thank you for staying and we are looking forward to hosting you again on you next visit to the area.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fallbrook, California
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Hotel had a lot of parking (even for straight trucks), it was very quiet. I usually worry about getting a room facing the pool, but I hardly saw anyone around the pool, and certainly didn't hear anyone.
The room was clean and comfortable, and quiet.
Refrigerator and microwave in living room area. Nicely appointed.

Room Tip: I had a king suite on the fourth floor down the walkway from the pool, it was very quite! Nice to f...
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 May 2014

As a business traveler I have stayed at this Holiday Inn every time I have to be in Phoenix, at least 3 times in the last 2 years, the last one was a 5 day stay just a week ago.

For one, the rate is excellent. I usually have a first floor 2 queen size bed suite with a living room. After a long day sitting in conference, I feel like I am coming home to a spacious apartment. Just to walk through the courtyard to get to the room already set me in a peaceful relaxed mood.

The staff is courteous and efficient. The morning breakfast buffet is adequate with scramble eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, french toast, hot oatmeal, fresh cut up fruits.

I am taking off one star due to the fact that the scramble egg is a little too cottage cheese like for my taste. Also as a short person, the breakfast food is set on a high surface and I have to be on my toes to serve myself. The hot water spout to make tea is also dangerously too high for short people. I have colleagues coming from Malaysia who stayed at this hotel making the same observation... But, those are minor points.

I have no reservation in recommending this hotel.

1 Thank Sunny_SJ
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 night after travelling from Sedona. We needed a room before we flew out. We were pleasantly surprised. We booked a suite and the room was spacious. The staff were great, loved talking with them. From the girl at the front desk to the bartender...They are really great people. Open bar, until 11 ..pool & hot tubs open till midnight..( a first that I have ever seen). Rooms were well decorated, clean and had everything we needed and the price was right. Would definitely consider this hotel for a longer stay. This is definitely a hotel to consider if you need to be near the airport... It was truly a 10 minute drive and they have a shuttle... More than pleased with that service...The grounds were great ..elevators to the rooms...no complaints at all....A++++

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family