“Dated hotel in an unsafe area”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport
Ranked #80 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We typically stay at Embassy Suites hotels. This is not of the same quality as other Embassy Suite hotels. The hotel was dated and needs to be completely redone. Also it's in a rougher neighborhood and needs to be more secure (gated parking etc.) The pictures online are not adequate representations of the type of hotel this is.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for your response. I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectaions. We are a vintage property and a little different from most Embassy Suites due to having an open atrium rather than enclosed but we do live up to and take pride in our Embassy and Hilton standards. Our neighborhood is perfectly safe it is that we are in more of a residential neighborhood other than commercial. Again I apologize and if you need any further asistance or have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact me at johanna.gilman@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed there before , it is reliable but constantly could be so much better, the rooms seem old, gold carpet and such , kitchen area needed to redone years ago, felt closed in and dirty , the apartment style layout where you walk outside to go to your and feel like you are in low rent apartment complex .
Breakfast is ok but no real fruit bar . If you like fried everything it's your place . Need cereal selection and fruit well it comes up short .
The area isn't great but a diner next door and Dunkin doughnuts help. However depending on which side of building you are.. You will hear a garbage truck at 5 am banging dumpsters at the diner .
Beware of hot shower, you take one you might get scolded if neighbor uses water.
My toilet was broke and ran until shut water off to it.
You can hear your neighbors thru the walls pretty easily .
A/c was effective I finally just opened windows.. Only three inches because of all the safety crap. Maybe a previous hotel guest wasn't happy with his stay.
I really will not stay there if I can help it . Hilton at airport maybe,

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Tartutic
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectaions. At our breakfast we do offer 3 different kinds of cereal and for our fruit they serve apple, catelope, honeydew and pinapple. We are in a residential neighborhood rather than commercial so there is only a limited places that can be walked to. We do offer a complimentary shuttle that goes within a 3 mile range of our property when not going to the airport. I do apologize for the challenges that have happened in your suite. We would have been more than happy to fix the issues if they were reported to the front desk. If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at johanna.gilman@hilton.com

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My Wife & I stayed 2 nights & had a great time. Morgan checked us in & when we asked she told us about what was happening, like old Scottsdale & other attractionsas very nice welcome. The room was huge, TV's are big, very comfortable bed & pillows, the little wet bar & kitchen was a very nice plus....BUT what really made our stay so great was the staff, we met Andy the Bartender at the reception this Man can really work a bar, the place was packed & I watched him work the bar & tables. JR our Breakfast Chef is another very effecient Man, he made to order whatever you wanted. We visited AZ. for 5 weeks & we started here & ended our stay here, nothing had changed. We really loved this Place.

Room Tip: any room should be a good room they are all Poolside.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stays with us on your vacation. We loved having you all as our guests and our staff greatly appreciates your kind comments. We hope to see you all again whenever your journeys bring you back to the Phoenix area.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Everything was very good, but the breakfast and cooks were especially excellent. The room was quite spacious and we especially loved having several mirrors with plug-ins by them since there were several ladies getting ready at the same time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am pleased to hear that you ladies enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for acknowledging our extremely talented cooks. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I am in a hotel about 45 times a year and this wins as the nastiest most worn out property I have stayed in in this decade,,, The Staff is nice as its not there place and or they don't stay on the property themselves.. Hilton is my preferred brand and I have 100 more good stories on their locations but this is sad/tired... I suspect there will be comment from the manager about this note - sorry I could not keep quite about this place. It can be clean but still worn out and this place is - Where did the pic of the property come from anyway, 1986?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob H

I am truly sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. We are a vintage property but still believe and take pride in our Embassy Suites and Hilton Standards. We renovate and make improvements to our property every year to make sure our guests stays are as comfortable and convenient as possible. Again I do apologize. If I may be of any further assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me at johanna.gilman@hilton.com

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is one of the best places to stay in Phoenix for the price. You can have a made-to-order hot breakfast and evening reception. The beds are very comfortable. The rooms are suites with a small refrigerator and microwave. It's like walking into a home, instead of just a room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We love to make everything as comfortable and convenient as possible for our guests. We hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This property needs some updating BUT so does my kitchen. It all still works and effectively, as well. I loved sitting in the courtyard and watching the hummingbirds. Breakfast was excellent and Jr knows he sure can make an omelet, but then so could Adrian! We were in town for a wedding and a 50th birthday party, so we were going to have fun no matter what, but everyone at the hotel was an incredible asset in helping our mini vacation an even more joyous trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments, our staff greatly appreciates them. we enjoyed serving you as our guest and are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.