“Excellent stay”

Ranked #78 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Mesa, United States
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I really loved this hotel. I just went to get away and it was everything i could have asked for fresh clean linens, quiet, PERFECT! The only thing I was kinda bummed was the tub was not meant for bubble baths but everything else was great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for your response. I am so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Winslow, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Furnishings looked like they were purchased at a garage sale. The space for a 60 inch TV was filled by about a 20 inch TV, it looked ridiculous. The bathroom was so small that you had to close the door just to fit on the toilet! Food quality and service staff at the restaurant were not great... Lights in the conference rooms were flickering the entire time.

2 Thank Brandon B
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
It was a pleasure to serve you as our guest during your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you so much for your feedback and I am terribly sorry to see that your stay did not meet your expectations. I do apologize for the service you have received at our restaurant, this is very unusual for our staff. As for the lighting that was in the conference room I did speak with the front office, sales, banquets and our engineering department and we did not have any logs of anyone complaining about the lights in the conference room. We would have been more than happy to fix this for everyone. The TVs that are in the suites are 32 inches .Thank you again for staying with us and I'd like to apologize again for the inconvenience. If I may be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at johanna.gilman@hilton.com
Iowa City, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stay at hotels around 100 nights/year. This hotel has the best staff I have interacted with from the minute I checked in to the room service staff to the shuttle driver. This hotel boasts fantastic hotel staff who were attentive, friendly, and efficient. I stayed here for a weekend business trip where I was required to meet with clients in the hotel lobby. The lobby is a visually attractive space. My suite was spacious and even luxurious. The hotel shuttle was able to pick me up at the airport and drive me to nearby shopping opportunities and a grocery store. Breakfast was very good. The hotel was very clean.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your kind comments our staff greatly appreciates them. It was a pleasure to serve you as our guest and we are all happy to hear that we have made your stay wonderful one and also that you were able to use our shuttle for your convenience. We look forward to seeing you next time when your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 11 December 2013

You need not look any further! STAY at the Hilton Embassy Suites in central Phoenix, AZ.
2333 E. Thomas Road, 85016 602-957-1910. Hilton "HHonors"

The treatment I received was incredible!

1. I was there attending a murder mystery Friday night, December 6, 2013. When it was over,
I called the Mesa hotel to let them know I was on my way, but they said no one can stay there right now because there was a plumbing problem

2. I was already in the Embassy parking lot, so why not ask them. I told Hannah, the front-desk agent, what happened. I was told the room would be over $100. I got a great rate, a much lower rate, at a Mesa hotel online, and asked if she could go less than $100.
She said the cheapest room was $109.

3. A man walked over to me and said he had heard everything I had just spoken. He, Jorge an employee there, told me and showed me the complimentary gift certificate toward a free room he was given as an employee, and was going to give it to his parents.

4. And then he said something unbelievable, "I am offering it to you."

5. I was flabbergasted.

6. I told him how very generous and thoughtful and kind that was of him. I then said I was very close to my Mom, who died last year, and could not imagine doing that myself. I nearly shed a few tears because of it.

7. Therefore I could not accept it. I told him to please keep it.

8. I then asked Hannah, the front-desk agent, if I could use a computer on sight to search. She said yes. About 10 minutes later the phone in there rang. I had no idea there was a phone in there until it rang.

9. She said there was a voucher I could use, which meant the room would only cost me $59.

10. Naturally I was thrilled and I accepted wholeheartedly. And of course I thanked them again and again. I also remember saying both to Hannah and Jorge, "There really is kindness in the world." Hannah happened to be standing next to me and just after I said that, and she put her arm around my shoulders. I then became speechless.

11. LaTonya, the next day's front-desk agent, was very helpful also. She answered many questions.

12. Mary the housekeeper was exceptional.

13. Morgan was another agent who also assisted me.

14. What's more, as if that was not enough, it included breakfast. All three were excellent.

15. I ended up staying there 3 nights, and had 2 different rooms at the SAME exact price.

NOTHING will top the compassionate, wonderful, and extremely helpful treatment I received from:
A. Jorge
B. Hannah
C. LaTonya
D. Mary
E. Morgan

Even if you have no personal or business plans in Phoenix, or anywhere nearby, or even in the whole state of Arizona, whether it be now, this year, or at any time at all - GO to the Embassy Suites , 2333 E. Thomas Road, in Phoenix, AZ 85016 602-957-1910.

You will be extremely glad you did!

With Greatest Appreciation and Sincerity,
Valerie

Room Tip: I have always preferred the main floor. If that's unavailable, request a room close to the eleva...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you so much for you kind comments. Our staff greatly appreciates them and we were all happy that we were able to help you. We take pride in putting smiles on our guests faces. We all hope to see you again in the future.
Anna, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Cold drafty rooms for which the solution is space heaters, better than nothing. Internet service is available if you like to pay for intermittent service that never really worked for me. I ended up having to cancel their service, boost my personal phone data plan and use my personal hot spot to be able to work. Being there under a stressful family emergency and needing to be close to the airport this was a nightmare.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Marsha B
I am terribly sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectaions. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the heat temperature that was in your suite. Our heater system was working fine and offered the additional heater to make you more comfortable due to people adjust to different temperatures. As for the wireless on our property we have not had any issues with guests trying to connect. When trying to connect it does not automatically connect you have to log in and charge it to your suite. I hope everything with your family is okay and if you need any further asssistance please do not hesitate to contact me at johanna.gilman@hilton.com

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Tuctown
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights for a continuing education course. Nice continent breakfast, decent courtyard and pool. Staff is very friendly, rooms are slightly outdated. Unfortunately our room didn't have hot water, so showering was awful. Parking is 5 dollars per day, and wifi is 10 dollars per day.....pretty much ridiculous. Our classroom had no air conditioning (it was a weight training class...so things got hot quickly. Probably would not stay here again due to the extra fees.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Bogie89
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We enjoyed serving you as our guest. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the no hot water in your suite. There was a challenge with the city of Phoenix that did make us have no hot water for a few hours. We do charge for Internet access in your suite but if you are a Gold or Diamond HHonors member you do get it complimentary as part of your benifits. We also offer complimentary Internet access in our public areas. Also our parking fee of $5 is a lot less from all the other properties in our area. Again I do apologize and I hope you will give us another chance when you are back in the Phoenix area.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have stayed in a number of Embassy Suites over the years and have never stayed in one like this. This is a very dated property and one that probably started out as a low end hotel and was subsequently converted to an Embassy Suites. I found it very surprising that Hilton would allow this, given the quality that you typically find in an Embassy Suites. The hotel was clean and staff was friendly but the property was a big disappointment. You would be much better off staying at a Hampton Inn and it would cost less. I also had great difficult getting anyone to answer the phone at the front desk when I needed to get picked up at the airport. After 10 minutes with no success, I called the 800 number and had Hilton track down someone at the hotel. When the shuttle did arrive, it was full and I had to take a cab (which the hotel reimbursed me for). Given how close this hotel is to the airport, a larger shuttle would make sense. The next morning the van driver was very helpful when he took us to the airport.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
1 Thank David S
Thank you for your feedback and I am truly sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectaions. We are a vintage property and a little different from most Embassy Suites due to us having an open atrium. We have remodeled our lobby, restaurant, pool and outside front enterance earlier this year. I do apologize for the inconvenince of not being able to get in contact with the front desk when trying to get a shuttle. Since we are an airport property when flights get cancelled we get anywhere from 10 to 70 people calling in at once and trying to get on the shutte. We do have two shuttles and they carry 8 and 11 passengers. Again I do apologize, if you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at johanna.gilman@hilton.com