“Comfortable Bed”

Ranked #81 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
New Milford, Connecticut
“Comfortable Bed”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The hotel is on the older side, but still nice enough. The bathroom was old and worn, but the bed and pillows were so comfortable. It is convenient to catch a shuttle to the airport. Every time I have an early morning flight out of Phoenix, I stay here. The shuttle has always been on time, with a professional driver and delivered me to the airport safely.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JC1090
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 23 October 2014
Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you as our guest. We all hope to see you again in the future if your travels bring you back this way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I spent a month in this hotel and it was really good indeed!
Breakfast cook-to-order with very friendly service, cleaning service always there, shuttle bus service very helpful and nice!
Some of my friends suites had problems, but the staff was always ready to help and fix whatever went wrong.
The bed is very comfortable, the shower is ok, the kitchen ok...The pool service also good!
The happy hour in Sqwaw Peak Cafe is really something to appreciate, always with friendly waitress and bar tender.
At last: no matter how many bad thing people could say about the building, about the oldness of the hotel or its lack of modernity, the staff is simply amazing! Congrats to the Embassy team!

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms in the back, they usually have more problems than the others.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joana S
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 19 September 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with and it was our pleasure to serve you as our guest. Our staff greatly appreciates your kind comments and we all hope to see you back one day in the future.
Kingman, United States
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I like the convienance of this hotel with the evening drinks, breakfast and the clean comfortable rooms. It is close to Phoenix Childrens Hospital which is why we come out this way. The pool is a nice place to relax, just needs to have service come to the poolside.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank John H
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2014
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you as our guest and hope to see you again in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have always been a big fan of this chain and their breakfast options. Unfortunately, unlike other Embassy Suites, the buffet was not available until 6:00am! Most of them have food available as early as 5:00am but not at this location. The balconies and elevator had water leaks everywhere and smelled of urine. I used my Hilton Honor Points to stay here, however, I would be very UPSET if I had to pay full price. Since their shuttle van was broken, the owner paid for a taxi service to make sure we got to the airport on time. The pool area was rather lovely and they had a friendly front desk staff. Again, I booked this hotel for the Breakfast Buffet and if I only knew it was not available until later in the morning, I would've made reservations somewhere else.

Room Tip: This hotel seemed to be in the middle of nowhere so it should be quiet regardless of where your room...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. Each Embassy Suites can be different, we do not all have the same hours with breakfast and the complimentary evening reception. We do offer fruits, pastries, coffee and tea in the morning for early travelers that have to leave before breakfast. We are 1 of 11 Embassy Suites with our set up with the exterior entrances and open atrium but that does not take away from the Hilton/Embassy Suites standards and pride. We do everything we can for our guests to have their stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. During our summer months we are in the monsson season where we get rain and storms, Our engineering department checked all of the elevators and there were no leaks found, the water could have come from all the traffic of going in and out of the elevator. Again I do apologize. If I may be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Travellers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 12 August 2014

good location for families who need to access Phoenix children's hospital good we would not recommend the restaurant.breakfast was good and easy. you do not need a car to stay here. the shuttle is easy to use and usually no waiting period.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Cocokayak
johanna g, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and it was convenient for your needs. We hope to see you again in the future.
Lakeside, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have stayed here before on business and once before with my wife. We like the location, the complimentary drinks and especially the breakfast. We like to head to the city for occasional getaways and this is one of our choices for Phoenix.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Ramond V
Thank you for your feed back. I am glad to hear that you always enjoy your stay with us. The pleasure was ours to serve you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Checked in on sat Aug 02/2014.
My wife n I were attending a Dbacks game
N in the search this was the closet to USAIRWAYS. So I called n they advised they can provide a shuttle to the trolley n get picked up again. So booked it
Honestly, I didn't do my due diligence on reading reviews or hotel pictures.
Made the incorrect assumption this would be a typical Embassy suite...NOT EVEN CLOSE.
When we arrived i commented to my wife "you've got to be kidding".
It looks like an older model with a court yard. Area it's situated in is definitely not family or single female conducive.
So we checked in.
Room was spacious n fairly clean.
Very old n out dated doors and furnishings except the bed WAS VERY comfortable.
Carpet was tattered entering into the bathroom. (Have posted pictures of that the bathroom wall n door).
Our entry door from the outside had an approx 1/4 inch Crack from the floor to door bottom.
Honestly, this is my FIRST ever somewhat negative review of an Embassy Suite.
The morning breakfast was excellent made to order n fresh. (TIP on a weekend get there early as a long line forms at least when we got there at 0930).
Another top. .. try the restaurant next door. Jerry's. . Doesn't look like much but great food. .very clean n reasonably priced.
To sum it up.. as a gave to place to stay
u will be ok. LOWER your expectations if you a frequent Hilton traveller.
Service is great but HOTEL ROOMS NEED
TO BE COMPLETELY REFRESHED, at least before I can recommend spending close to or above 100 per night.
Hilton needs to be more diligent in assessing their properties

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jim R
It was a pleasure to serve you as our guest during your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you so much for your feedback and I am terribly sorry to see that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are an older style of Embassy Suites and 1 of the first. We are 1 of 11 Embassy suites that have the same set up with the open atrium and exterior entrances. @ years ago we have renovated the elevators and just last year we have re done the lobby, pool, atrium and restaurant. Thank you again for staying with us and I'd like to apologize again for the inconvenience.