Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17
Fairfield Inn & Suites Phoenix Midtown(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$137
Agoda.com
US$421
US$382
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was cleannice breakfaststay there againnice staythe breakfast areayogurtcolefreewaymicrowavefi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Found this hotel by using the discount magazine you pick up at the fast food resturants.
It had a coupon for a nights stay at $49.00 a nite. Decent room, quiet as we were on the backside of the hotel.
Did not try the free breakfast. or use the pool. Stayed here while on our way to our hotel in south phonix as we arrived a day early.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
PhoenixDiva, Manager at Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Thank you for your comments. We hope that you will come and stay with us in the near future and have a bite of our full hot breakfast, and a dip in our heated salt water pool.

Best regards,
Connie Saber

Reviewed 27 April 2011

This Best Western is right off I-17 (the Black Canyon Freeway) and Northern Avenue with easy access both on and off the freeway. To call the location "Metrocenter" is a bit of a stretch as the Metrocenter Complex is at least one mile (if not more) north of the hotel, but it's an easy drive by car via the frontage road. Years ago this hotel was a first-generation Hampton Inn and all the rooms are accessed via outdoor corridors rather than the favored indoor hallways. If you want quiet be sure to get a room by the pool; other rooms, especially those facing the freeway, are going to be a bit noisier. (Although, during warmer months when the pool is getting heavy use the rooms facing the freeway may be quieter.) My experience was quite positive; my plane arrived well before Noon and when I called the hotel and asked to check-in early I was told, "Come on over! I'll find you a room!" (Truth be told, the hotel wasn't very busy that weekend; it was Thanksgiving.) The front desk had my reservation in order upon arrival; one signature and I was on my way to my room. I seem to recall paying about $65 a night and got a clean room overlooking the pool. They trumpet their "housekeeping awards" on their website and I will allow that my room was very, very clean. (The bathroom, while clean, was a bit dated.) My sister was staying in another room and she remarked how clean her room was, and my sister is very, very picky. There were plenty of towels, soap and shampoo. The front desk staff was friendly at check-in and check-out. The business center in the lobby worked fine. The outdoor pool and hot tub were both clean and operational, but it was really too cold for either. I only stayed one night so I am not qualified to comment about on-going housekeeping, but my sister (who stayed 4 nights) reported a sparkling clean room with piles of fresh towels on a daily basis. (And yes, we do tip the housekeeping staff so that may have had something to do with it.) I wanted a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price and I got it. For the purposes of this particular trip this hotel and this location worked well for me and I'm happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: Winter months will be quieter by the pool
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2011

It is difficult and v expensive to get rooms in Phoenix during the March Madness. I got a good deal for 3 nights and thats how i landed up at this hotel.

First things first - the staff is very friendly and accommodating. The Front Office Staff was very cheerful and friendly even in all their haste. So was the maintenance staff. We had a problem with a noisy AC in our room. The maint staff was on it within 5- 10 min on call. They tried to repair it nd when it was not posible - simply replaced it immediately. You might spy housekeeping staff smoking on the hallways next to the cart through your window - but never in front of guests. The pool and spa, though i never used it - looked clean, and also popular. Of course with people, alos comes smoking, some drinking and noise.

The stay is a no frills experience. Clean decent rooms. Clean bed and clean bathroom. The carpets might be smightly worn out and not too plush and so would the towels be - but they are clean and very much in acceptable state. Breakfast is excellent and wholesome - and much better than what you get in many other hotels. There are couple of mexican restaurants right next - so lunch and dinner is also quite comfortable.

About the location - its right off the freeway. VEry close to airport and a lot of other places in Phoenix. It worked well for me as it was close to my office. I did find some street people and some people peddling stuff on the streets, but somehow the area didnt make me feel too insecure or scared.

Overall - i would recommend the hotel - if youa re looking for a good stay with economical budget in a "close to most things" location.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I chose this hotel for its logistics. We had a couple of places we wanted to visit in the Phoenix area and this hotel was perfectly situated on I-17. Best Western is a chain I feel I can count on for being clean and affordable, just as this one was. There are plenty of restaurants all around the hotel, some within walking distance. There were only two things that dropped my rating from excellent to very good: the maids kept taking away the soap and not putting any back and there was quite a bit of noise due to how busy the hotel was. Also, the room did not have a refrigerator nor a microwave, so don't bring any snacks with you.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2011

The main reason for the "wow!" is that we only payed $10 more for room, the clerk said would have a microwave, fridge, and pillowtop bed. The bed proved to be a King rather than a double and the spacious room faced away from the freeway.

Coffees in the room, decaf as well as regular were flavorful and fragrant (better than the coffee in the lobby). Breakfast included waffles you made yourself.

No, the spa still doesn't work. But the pool does.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple