“Would return”

Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17
Ranked #104 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Stayed for 2 nights. This hotel is easy to find and the check-in was efficient. The complimentary breakfast was excellent (lots of selection) and they have a very nice pool. Quiet, good stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank KentuckyColonel

Reviewed 20 June 2011

I went to Phoenix Arizona to visit family. I got an excellent deal on this hotel through Expedia.
First impressions are always important. When I initially entered Best Western MetroCenter in Phoenix, the front desk was vacant. I looked over the counter to a small room behind the desk and several staff members were chatting away. I waited a minute or two and decided to move over to the right hoping they would notice me. Finally a lady named Lisa greeted me. She was pleasant and checked me in. She than proceeded to explain to me that my card would be charged an additional $25.00 for any room damages that may occur. She made it a point to make sure I have it removed at the time of check out.
At check out two days later, a lady named Carrie was attending the front desk. She did not look happy to be there and did not bother asking me how my stay was. I gave her my room cards and she said, "your checked out." I asked her about the $25.00 charge and wanted to make sure it would be removed from my card. She quickly stated that it was never placed on the card. I asked for a receipt for proof of no charge and she stated, "I'm looking at the screen and you did not get charged." She apparently could not give me a receipt. I asked to speak to the manager and she said she was not available. I asked her for her name and when I was writing it down, all she was concerned about was that I spelled her name incorrectly. How UNPROFESSIONAL can you get? I would NEVER stay there again for the mere fact that the staff needs Customer Service 101.

Room Tip: Read reviews first
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tai55
PhoenixDiva, General Manager at Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

On my walking trip across America I have stayed almost exclusively at BW independently owned properties. I find that there is a shared attention to detail and courteous service to be found there and the Metrocenter is no exception. I was greeted by friendly ,knowledgeable staff and was checked in rapidly to a very comfortable room. The amenities here are many and varied and I suggest you look at the list provided. The pool area is well kept and towels are available poolside. The complimentary breakfast was a pleasant surprise as to the extraordinary selection that is provided and fresh hot coffee is available 24 hours a day. The entire staff have taken the time to say hello and ask if there is anything I need.
The location is central to all the sights and in my case a very good public transportation system including light rail to shuttle you to the downtown area. All in all my stay is and has been a wonderful experience and I highly recommend travelers stay at this property when in Phoenix. My hat is off to the management from the owners to housekeeping for a job well done !!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank TheWeTourUSA
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Clean and comfortable ideally located just off I-17. Lovely pool and jacuzzi but basic breakfast. Free internet.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2011

The room was clean. The bed was okay. The breakfast was acceptable. The service was pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Found this hotel by using the discount magazine you pick up at the fast food resturants.
It had a coupon for a nights stay at $49.00 a nite. Decent room, quiet as we were on the backside of the hotel.
Did not try the free breakfast. or use the pool. Stayed here while on our way to our hotel in south phonix as we arrived a day early.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
PhoenixDiva, Manager at Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Thank you for your comments. We hope that you will come and stay with us in the near future and have a bite of our full hot breakfast, and a dip in our heated salt water pool.

Best regards,
Connie Saber

Reviewed 27 April 2011

This Best Western is right off I-17 (the Black Canyon Freeway) and Northern Avenue with easy access both on and off the freeway. To call the location "Metrocenter" is a bit of a stretch as the Metrocenter Complex is at least one mile (if not more) north of the hotel, but it's an easy drive by car via the frontage road. Years ago this hotel was a first-generation Hampton Inn and all the rooms are accessed via outdoor corridors rather than the favored indoor hallways. If you want quiet be sure to get a room by the pool; other rooms, especially those facing the freeway, are going to be a bit noisier. (Although, during warmer months when the pool is getting heavy use the rooms facing the freeway may be quieter.) My experience was quite positive; my plane arrived well before Noon and when I called the hotel and asked to check-in early I was told, "Come on over! I'll find you a room!" (Truth be told, the hotel wasn't very busy that weekend; it was Thanksgiving.) The front desk had my reservation in order upon arrival; one signature and I was on my way to my room. I seem to recall paying about $65 a night and got a clean room overlooking the pool. They trumpet their "housekeeping awards" on their website and I will allow that my room was very, very clean. (The bathroom, while clean, was a bit dated.) My sister was staying in another room and she remarked how clean her room was, and my sister is very, very picky. There were plenty of towels, soap and shampoo. The front desk staff was friendly at check-in and check-out. The business center in the lobby worked fine. The outdoor pool and hot tub were both clean and operational, but it was really too cold for either. I only stayed one night so I am not qualified to comment about on-going housekeeping, but my sister (who stayed 4 nights) reported a sparkling clean room with piles of fresh towels on a daily basis. (And yes, we do tip the housekeeping staff so that may have had something to do with it.) I wanted a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price and I got it. For the purposes of this particular trip this hotel and this location worked well for me and I'm happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: Winter months will be quieter by the pool
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo