“Expected more”

Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17
Ranked #100 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights on a trip to see my son graduate from college. we looked at many motels before choosing this one, and we based our choice on price, location and star rating.I cant say i was disappointed, but i did expect a higher standard from best western in a nutshell, the bed linen was stained with what appeared to be blood, was told only suites could have a mini fridge and wasnt able to get change for soda machine at front desk and the towels are very rough. the salt water/heated pool was very nice and loved the jacuzzi. the hot breakfast was a very welcome amenity, very nice to be able to eat a hot meal for free without having to leave the building. we did have typical door key malfunction on the second night there, but this happens everywhere. these are only minor issues, but for a 3-4 star motel, i just expect more. I would still recommend this hotel even tho we had minor issues because overall, we were very pleased

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Phoenix North I-17

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Spring break and baseball spring training are very busy times for the Phoenix area so trying to
find a hotel that is in a good location and has affordable rates is difficult. This hotel has a good rate for what you get, don't expect luxury. This property caters to families and large groups. The
location has been reported as being hard to find and rooms facing the freeway are noisy,
both of which are true. Breakfast is ok, not great, but it is included and convenient.

The property should consider including refrigerators and do something about the awful congestion at the front door area to the lobby, cars and taxis are double parked while waiting
to check in.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor and room at the back of the hotel to avoid extra noise.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at this Best Western for 4 nights while visiting a friend that lives in the Phoenix area. I work at a Best Western where I am from so I know quite a bit about what good customer service is and for the most part this hotel did a great job of that. The entire front desk staff was very helpful in getting us everything we needed, including suggesting eating places, cab services, etc... The rooms were very clean upon arrival which is also the first thing I notice when walking into a hotel room. The beds were extremely comfortable and I had 4 really good night sleeps. The pool and hot tub were nice as we spent a lot of time out there enjoying the warm weather!

Now for a few touch up spots...
1) I was not aware that Best Westerns were allowed to choose whether or not to have microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. That was definitely something I expected when I walked in but found out there was none. I am not sure if some of the rooms do and some of the rooms don't but I think it would be beneficial for all rooms to have them.

2) The breakfast area needs to be dealt with. It is like a complete zoo in there with people trying to gain access to the food. There needs to be more than one waffle maker and I just think overall that space has to be bigger. There is not enough room for people to walk in and out of. Also when you advertise on the website that you have a complimentary hot breakfast you need to make sure that those items are always full. There were quite a few times throughout the stay that people were waiting for over 5 minutes to get these items. Typically given the choice guests will choose the hot items every time. Those have to be replenished constantly.

3) I had a run in with the housekeeping staff that I felt was addressed very poorly when brought up. We had two rooms booked for 4 nights and one of rooms did not get serviced for two straight days by housekeeping. The first day was completely our fault because we were in and out of the room all day and didn't give the staff the proper time to get it done. The next morning one of our friends spilled some coffee on the bed and needed the sheets changed. I went down to the front desk and told the lady and she said that would be fine and to just take the sheets off of the bed. We go back up to the room about 5pm to find that the sheets were still on the floor and the bed was not made up. We called down and told them and they said housekeeping would be up in about 10-15 minutes. After that we went to dinner and when we came back we walked into the room only to find that the sheets were still on the floor and the bed was still not made up. We called down again for the third time only to be told that there was no one there to do it but we could come down and put the sheets on ourselves. Let's just say that is not the Best Western way of handling a situation like this. The sheets were changed the next day but my friend was unable to sleep in that bed that night because of this. I was very furious.

Overall this is a nice standard Best Western that does have some things to work on. What made this stay so pleasant was the fact that everyone you came in contact with was friendly and always asked if you needed anything. Other than the housekeeping issue everything else was excellent.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend staying in a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the condition of this older hotel. The room was clean and although not new very fresh. Great staff. Everyone was cheerful and friendly. Rate was really good for spring break in Phoenix. Location is a matter of preference. For us it was fine. The local area is a bit run down and we drove a few miles to meals rather than walk to local eats. Ask for a room on pool side to avoid traffic noise and get to breakfast early to avoid the crush. All in all a good stay. I would go back.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Check in slow - checking in at about 5:00, 2 staff and line waiting for assistance. Room was clean and fresh considering it was smoking room (non-smoker) and reservations made last minute. Bathroom was clean but could use some maintenance like paint touch-up and tile cleaning (Grout). Bed was comfortable - location is good with access to freeway. Recommend to try to get backside of building away from freeway for more quiet experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This property has consistencies when I look at BW chains for business stays. However I would ask for a room that doesn't face the freeway side; It can get noisy if you are a light sleeper. 2. I might add.. Go get breakfast early before peak time. The space can get crowded. If a microwave or fridge is impt; my room didn't have either so be sure to ask if this is a critical amenity.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This Best Western is comparable to other Best Westerns that we have stayed at. The room was clean and comfortable and the service was good. The toilet paper and tissues were very cheap though, like something you would expect to find at a roadside rest area. This hotel is located off of the I-17 frontage road, so you have to access it heading North. We didn't find the navigation difficult though.