“Not for pleasure” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not for pleasure”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

Stayed only one night because my convention hotel was full... but wished I'd not. Granted it was incredibly hot outside but I truly expected to check in and cool off. Çheck in went fine. But when I got to the room on the 4 th floor it was 90 inside the room. When the ac was turned on full and the temperature went higher...I figured I had a broken air conditioner. Went back down to reception and was told it was probably just me because it was 110 outside and heat rises. Eventually got a different room on same floor with a functioning air conditioner. But the halls and elevator were hot hot hot. Room was not particularly clean but seemed old and worn out. Afraid to take my slippers off as the carpet was not clean. However I was exhausted and slept ok. Breakfast was nothing special ... Altogether, I don't think I'll be staying at Hampton inns anywhere if they're like this. The smell of the halls alone were a turn off.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
We want to thank you for your comments regarding the Hampton Inn-Phoenix/Midtown. We appreciate your comments regarding our hotel. We want to apologize about your air conditioner not blowing cold air and that you had to move rooms. We just completed a renovation and everything is new and clean. Please contact me if you are ever coming back to the Phoenix area so we can show you the new hotel. We hope we get the chance to serve you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

After a scary week of doctor consults and tests, my husband was scheduled for surgery at St Joseph's Hospital. He was going to be kept there for a couple of days, so I booked a room across the street at this Hampton Inn. Not only do they give a special rate to families of hospital patients, the parking was easy and free, and I could walk across the street to the hospital without having to drive. My room was excellent (all rooms are non-smoking), and included a microwave, fridge, flat screen TV, and free wireless internet. If you didn't bring your laptop, there is a computer in the lobby for guests' use. Free breakfast is available starting at 6 a.m. with goodies including a fruit bowl and lots of coffee, muffins, etc., A newspaper is waiting outside your door each morning. Free local calls, and the desk staff are kind and accommodating. All together, this hotel gave me the opportunity to focus on what was important without any distractions. Thank you Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank GoldilocksArizona
rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Dear Goldilocksarizona,

We want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. We have many guests stay with us when a loved one is across the street at the hospital and we make an effort to take extra good care of them. Our team understands that this is a stressful time for everyone, so we want your hotel stay to be pleasant and problem free. As you mentioned, you were able to focus on what was important without distractions.

We are glad you enjoyed the free breakfast, wi-fi and the in room amenities. We hope we get the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future and hopefully you will visit phoenix when you do not have any business at the hospital and can enjoy all of the things phoenix has to offer.

cordially,

Oak Park, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

This hotel is a wonderful find. it's very clean, the staff members are on the ball and very helpful. Our only complaint: the smell of someone's cigarette smoke coming through the vents into our room and into the bathroom when we arose in the morning. I'm not sure what can be done about that, however. We didn't have the opportunity to have the complimentary breakfast, as we had to leave early, but it looked very good.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I stayed here based on previous TA reviews and responses from the GM and I was not let down. I was checked in by Mary Beth, who I had heard of in previous posts and she is just as wonderful as everyone else has said. Everything was fine, from check in to the room, location, breakfast, etc. In fact I had to laugh...in the middle of the night I woke up....thinking I was at home.....the room next door started playing loud music around 2am. I called the desk and twenty seconds late I could hear the phone ringing in the room next door! Not another noise from the the rest of the night!!! You guys are better then the cops in my home town, lol!!! Thank you for a lovely stay....will be back in a week to round off our vacation.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area, responded to this review, 29 April 2011
Thank you very much for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and had a great stay. we hope we have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

Cordially,

Kennesaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

This was my first trip to AR and I was very pleased with my stay. The hotel was clean, comfortable, located in safe and convenient location, and had the continental breakfast. I am a huge coffee drinker and the free ALL DAY and NIGHT coffee was HUGE for me. lol The staff was very pleasant and helpful with all of my questions regarding restaurants, sights to see, etc. I was very impressed and will stay here again...

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
We want to thank you for your comments and are very glad you had a fabulous stay at our hotel. We always strive to maintain a clean hotel and provide exceptional service to our guests. As you mentioned, we do offer fresh coffee and tea 24 hours per day for our guests as well as fresh baked cookies in the afternoon.

Again we want to thank you for your comments and staying at our Hampton Inn and hope you will return as our guest in the near future.

Cordially,

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

It is apparent to me that the computer in the lobby/dining area needs to be upgraded.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rockzy, General Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area, responded to this review, 31 January 2011
Hi,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel was clean and comfortable. Thank you for your comments. Chuck always does an outstanding job providing service to all of our guests. We are scheduled to install the Hampton Perfect Mix lobby this coming fall and we have plans to expand our business center as well.

We appreciate your comments and are honored to have you as our guest. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2010

I went down here for the SME conference it was very close to the tramline which could take you just about anywhere you wanted to go. It was also very close to the hospital. Fresh cookies were always a nice treat in the lobby. It was not attached to the conference, but for $2.00 a day I didn’t mind taking the tram. The room was always clean. The hotel appeared to have 100% occupancy because of the conference but service was great.

The rooms were ok, a little out of date, but it looked as though the hotel was planning on making renovations soon. The bed was a little dated, but those will probably get changed with renovations.

For dinner I ordered pizza from a nearby establishment, so they are close enough to restaurant for delivery. The breakfast was hot and was good, eggs, bacon.

I would defiantly book this hotel for business again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Sara_Kadow
rockzy, Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix-Midtown-Downtown Area, responded to this review, 16 November 2010
Dear Ms. kadow,

We want to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments regarding our hotel. The Metro Light rail is very convenient and inexpensive, especially if you want to go downtown. You can take it to the airport as well. We still have the afternoon fresh baked cookies and we just installed new 32" flat screen televisions in all of our rooms,

we hope to see you again in the near future and want to thank you again for you comments.

cordially,